Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87
  1. #81
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple11" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Holcomb on the sacks and near miss[/size]

    September 24th, 2007 – 3:59 PM by Judd Zulgad
    “Right before the half,” he said. “I should have thrown that ball away. There was nothing there. We had a miscommunication obviously in the huddle and I didn’t get something that I was expecting. I should have just dumped it to Adrian [Peterson] out in the flat but somebody was coming for him and it kind of spooked me. I should have either ran it or thrown it away.”

    Are you kidding me???? SPOOKED? I say we cut him right now. I'd rather have Bollinger in there. We dont need a QB that gets SPOOKED by KC's DEF!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Where is Gus Frerotte when you need him??? hahaha jk guys!
    Yes, spooked.
    Meaning he saw that the LB was running down on him in the flats, and he knew that if he threw the ball it could easily be a pick 6.
    That is the type of mistake that unfortunately I think TJack would have made.
    Yes, Holcomb should have thrown it away, but taking the sack in that situation was a hell of a lot better than trying to dump it to AP.
    I'll agree with that, but if thats the case. why is everyone blaming the OL for the sacks?
    Because that was just one sack.
    The OL, especially the tackles, were still getting beat a lot.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #82
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    The Oline takes the blame because they suck? They cant pick up blitzes, i dont think Birk can see them. The running backs also take the blame for not handling the blitzes.

  3. #83
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The Oline takes the blame because they suck? They cant pick up blitzes, i dont think Birk can see them. The running backs also take the blame for not handling the blitzes.
    CCthebest takes the blame for not being an enthusiastic enough fan!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #84
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The Oline takes the blame because they suck? They cant pick up blitzes, i dont think Birk can see them. The running backs also take the blame for not handling the blitzes.
    CCthebest takes the blame for not being an enthusiastic enough fan!!!
    5 guys are rarely going to be able to block 6. If they are blitzing the O-line can only do so much.

  5. #85
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The Oline takes the blame because they suck? They cant pick up blitzes, i dont think Birk can see them. The running backs also take the blame for not handling the blitzes.
    Do you understand anything about O-Line play, or are you just typing for shits and giggles?

  6. #86
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The Oline takes the blame because they suck? They cant pick up blitzes, i dont think Birk can see them. The running backs also take the blame for not handling the blitzes.
    Do you understand anything about O-Line play, or are you just typing for poohies and giggles?
    What do YOU think, Ultra?
    It's CCthebest, for Crissakes...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #87
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

    "UTVikfan" wrote:


    Is there someone that actually thought Holcomb was the answer? Ouch, I am not a coach in the NFL or anything, but a perenial back up, that has gone the rounds for 10 years, and brought in to the be a back up....what were we talking about...him the answer???


    TJ is a rookie, he will make mistakes. I am ok with that. He has all the physical skills and mental makeup. Brohm would be no better...but thrown under the bus just as fast. At Detroit, TJ had under a second to do something...serve that up on a plate to any rookie, Brohm included...it ain't gonna matter. Protect the rookie? We passed 37 times ran 27. ONE person blitzes..toast, in Detroit. ONE person blitzes in KC...toast. Herm "I have no internet" Edwards did watch tape. He did make adjustments.



    Maduro ( sorry reminds me of a cigar) see's no reason to call for adjustments cause "we do them". Wanna see adjustments Maduro? Look at what KC did. First half, pound the ball no luck, second half, spread us out with 3 wide (even though they ALL suck) and burn us. No pound the ball. That is an adjustment. Second half, Herm sent a blitzer. We can't make them pay for blitzing. Result? ZERO time for our QB. Our adjustment? Well, last week we could NOT pick up ONE blitzer....and we still can't.



    I gave up after a while, but, I kept rewinding...we sent SEVEN over the line...their oline...yeah the one that sucks now,...picked it up. They send one, we are toast. WOULD YOU ADJUST FOR THAT MADURO? obviously not, Chili Wili owns..../boggle.
    Sorry it took so long to find this gem.
    I've been off line for a couple of days.

    What in the hell do you mean that I say we don't need to make adjustments my friend.
    That is just insane to get that from my posts.

    Infact if you re-read my posts you will see that I am saying they ARE making adjustments.
    Sad part is none of them are working.

    As far as the point you are trying (cause you didn't make it) in the last paragraph let me see if I can make it for you......

    OUR OL SUCKS......... ;D
    We did make adjustments for that.
    Heck at times we had multiple TE's in the game just trying to pick up that one blitzer.
    Still didn't work.
    Guess what else happens when you put multiple TE's in, you take out a WR thereby decreasing the threat to make them pay for the blitz.

    My god man, do you know anything about football......

    Make adjustments my ass my friend.
    I don't care how many they make, that line still sucks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. The answer to the question no one is asking?
    By Mike Bullock in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Vikings - You ask and I try to answer
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
  3. Is Merling the answer at DE?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 07:31 AM
  4. The Answer to "When should we put TJ in for BJ?"
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
  5. Need an answer.
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 11:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •