Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Holcolm obviously not the answer

I was FAR happier with Holcomb's play in this loss than I was with Jackson's last week.
    Sure, Holcomb needed to get the ball out quicker a couple of times, but when he threw, he didn't complete any to the wrong team.

No matter where you point the finger (crappy protection, crappy receivers, crappy play calling), both QB's have suffered the effects of it, and of the two, Holcomb performed BETTER.

I would much rather see Holcomb in there than Jackson.

Of note:
    Had the Officials CORRECTLY ruled that Shianco TD a catch, I doubt we'd be having this discussion.

Caine

"olson_10" wrote:
    what did holcomb do wrong? he made the right decisions..if nobody can get open, and nobody can protect him, what is he supposed to do??..it was the same thing with jackson, except everytime jackson got in trouble, he made a poor throw or awful decision..we arent going to be successful with anybody that plays QB for us this season, but we have to go with the guy thats going to manage the disgrace of an offense best, and thats holcomb

when brian brohm suits up for us next season and does absolutely nothing, will we all realize that its our o-line, receivers, and disgraceful coaching staff thats really the problem??

First of all why the hell would we pick a QB with nobody to protect him? We will be a 5-8 win team so we will have a 8-15 pick in the draft. Sam Baker is a possiblity,Ryan Clady,Gosder Cherilus all possible o-lineman we will pick. Holcomb blows i hope freaking T-Jack is healthy next week when we play GB at home. That game will be another boring ass game where they throw it almost everytime and we lose again.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Duffy15" wrote:
    Holcomb needs to learn how to get rid of the ball
    so what you are trying to say is that you would prefer for him to throw 4 INTs by just chucking the ball up??
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

It sure looks like the Vikings will get a very high draft pick next year.
    Maybe we can get a QB that can turn out to be "The Franchise."

Until then, I agree the offensive line play has to improve or else we are toast. It's really too bad, too because our defense is playoff ready right now.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"vike68" wrote:
    "What do you want him to do? Honestly. He played way better than Jackson did last week. Jackson was chucking the ball up to the opponent. Holcomb kept in this game by not throwing interceptions. I only question how long he held on to the ball a couple of times, and he needs to get back in to football shape because his touch was a little off: i.e Ferguson being wide open in the endzone. If you also include the Shiancoe TD that was called back because of the blind zebras we would have had 21 points OFFENSIVELY
    ."

ferguson ran that route horribly, he wasnt running at full speed cause how open he was so holcomb thru the ball at the speed he was running at first but ferguson slowed down and than still had a opportunity and dropped it, and than the refs blown call with shinacoe wasnt any help
    I didn't see the route replay. All I saw was Holcomb slightly overthrew the football. I was just shocked to see our offense show any kind of life in the first half. Then I saw the unit do what I have grown to know so well, absolutely nothing in the 2nd half.

Thanks Josdin

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    You know, I knew Holcome wasn't physically gifted, but I was hoping he'd be the smart type. Turns out he's dumb and weak.

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!
    What do you want him to do? Honestly. He played way better than Jackson did last week. Jackson was chucking the ball up to the opponent. Holcomb kept in this game by not throwing interceptions. I only question how long he held on to the ball a couple of times, and he needs to get back in to football shape because his touch was a little off: i.e Ferguson being wide open in the endzone. If you also include the Shiancoe TD that was called back because of the blind zebras we would have had 21 points OFFENSIVELY
    He's so far inaccurate (like you said, rusty but 7 points missed is 7 points missed). He's EXTREMELY indecisive (even more so then Tarvaris). I expect more from a veteran QB.

I guess you all could say he did his job by managing the game and not throw any INT's, but that's now how the game is meant to be played. Sooner or later the frickin QB needs to make some plays too.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Crunchem is offline Rookie

At this point the QB issue is moot....my god the play calling is god awful..no half time adjustments or in game adjustments for that matter.
    We have a young team and no leadership from the coaching staff.
    Sure the Run D is good but pass D hasn't changed...The offense looks like they all have hangovers because they went out partying the night before. You are leading by 10 and then for 3 quarters can't do a thing..nothing...I blame it almost completly on the coaching staff...dreadfullljust god awful
    Lets go fishing

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    what did holcomb do wrong? he made the right decisions..if nobody can get open, and nobody can protect him, what is he supposed to do??..it was the same thing with jackson, except everytime jackson got in trouble, he made a poor throw or awful decision..we arent going to be successful with anybody that plays QB for us this season, but we have to go with the guy thats going to manage the disgrace of an offense best, and thats holcomb

when brian brohm suits up for us next season and does absolutely nothing, will we all realize that its our o-line, receivers, and disgraceful coaching staff thats really the problem??

First of all why the hell would we pick a QB with nobody to protect him? We will be a 5-8 win team so we will have a 8-15 pick in the draft. Sam Baker is a possiblity,Ryan Clady,Gosder Cherilus all possible o-lineman we will pick. Holcomb blows i hope freaking T-Jack is healthy next week when we play GB at home. That game will be another boring jiggly butt game where they throw it almost everytime and we lose again.
    lol you completely missed my point..and you are another one of those people that should really think about who to blame
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie

Any and all QBs will struggle w/o sometime to throw the ball. By the end of the 3rd quarter, the pocket was collapsing every time Holcomb dropped back to pass.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Crunchem" wrote:
    At this point the QB issue is moot....my god the play calling is god awful..no half time adjustments or in game adjustments for that matter.
    We have a young team and no leadership from the coaching staff.
    Sure the Run D is good but pass D hasn't changed...The offense looks like they all have hangovers because they went out partying the night before. You are leading by 10 and then for 3 quarters can't do a thing..nothing...I blame it almost completly on the coaching staff...dreadfullljust god awful
    What game were you watching?

Do you even know what a game time adjustment is?
    Enlighten me my friend.
    Tell me what adjustment should they have done?

I mean damn, I saw several changes in what they were trying to do from the first to the second half even though they weren't really out of the game.

Again, I am tired of this damn old cliche'.
    Enlighten me with your wisdom.
    Seriously.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast