muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Hoag replacing howry

I haven't heard how long howry is out for, just that tice thought it could be serious(which was a comment from him after the game), but I am extremely happy to hear that hoag will be taking his place. If anyone remembers, during preseason, I started a thread saying that I thought we should cut howry and keep hoag. Hoag is a much more explosive kick and punt returner, then howry and is also, IMO, a better receiver too.

If we have hoag and cambell(who I also was calling for to return kicks way before he finally was put back there) back to return kicks, that is a very fast and explosive return team, that we have been missing for a long time. These 2 guys will give us some big returns this year, instead of a bunch of average returns, that we would get from howry.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Hoag replacing howry

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I haven't heard how long howry is out for, just that tice thought it could be serious(which was a comment from him after the game)
    I read that Howry was put on IR and is out for the year.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Hoag replacing howry

In my opinion, they just can't seem to get this returner thing right: When you have players like Campbell, you use them as returners!
    These positions have been suspect with the Vikes ever since the departure of David Palmer!

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Hoag replacing howry

Doesn't look like Hoag will be playing this weekend. Saw somewhere that KC and MM will be the kickoff returners tho :cheers:
    I don't especially agree with putting our starting RB back there with how thin we're getting at RB, but the prospects of a kick return for TD just got a hella lot better then Howry EVER gave us. Can Howry's @ss, he's less then mediacore.
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Hoag replacing howry

I was never impressed by Howry anyway so I have no problem with this,( as if my opionion really matters).
    can we clone Bud Grant?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hoag replacing howry

"2fat4uVike" wrote:
    Doesn't look like Hoag will be playing this weekend. Saw somewhere that KC and MM will be the kickoff returners tho :cheers:
    I don't especially agree with putting our starting RB back there with how thin we're getting at RB, but the prospects of a kick return for TD just got a hella lot better then Howry EVER gave us. Can Howry's @ss, he's less then mediacore.
    I agree with not using MM on returns...at least not until we get Bennett AND Onterrio back from their respective "vacations"...we can't afford to be any more shorthanded at the RB position.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Hoag replacing howry

"Foreman44" wrote:
    In my opinion, they just can't seem to get this returner thing right: When you have players like Campbell, you use them as returners!
    These positions have been suspect with the Vikes ever since the departure of David Palmer!
    Yeah Campbell should be returning most kicks, not MM or anyone else. I haven't seen Hoag play so I can't comment on him but Campbell has shown he can handle kick returns the best.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

diesavike is offline Rookie

Hoag replacing howry

I never much liked Howry either, he just seemed to dance around, but that could have something to do with our special teams in general. The one thing I can say for Howry though, is that I don't remember him ever fudging a punt, I'm probably wrong about that, but I know if he did, it wasn't that often, I think that's why he was put back there.
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

vikesls is offline Rookie

Hoag replacing howry

I agree on Howry. If it were up to me, I'd like to see more of Campbell in the game. He's a decent return guy and is always a threat in the WR spot. I'd like to see the Vikes play him more.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Hoag replacing howry

I like Campbell's speed for kick returns and he can read blocks.
    can we clone Bud Grant?