Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Calmwind is offline Starter

The history of the Vikings on the road...

I think our D plays a big part in this. For the last 3 years our D has sucked and so has our road record. We have a great O but thats not enough when your not at home. You need D to take the opponent and their fans out of the game and O to win it. We win at home because they can hear! I bet we lead the league in false starts on the road. Even with a powerful O, false starts, delay of games,and the other mistakes we have made all year, just kill it! We made Chad Hutchinson look like a top QB, and PAtrick Ramsey too. Both these teams have good enough D to get fired up and make a few stops when their O looks like a top 5! So whats our O to do?!? Go out hear the fired up crowd screaming to the top of their lungs and watch Adam Goldberg or one of the other young,nervous, guys jump a lil quik?! Once we get some D we will win on the road! I truly feel it is that simple!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

Response to Caine

I agree with you in what you said about Tice. Tice is great when it comes to showing love for his team. He should toughen up a little. Atleast Moss and the rest of the team have fun with him, the only thing is that they have to be winning to have fun. You should see how happy the team looks when someone intercepts a pass or recovers a fumble (they look like a bunch of squirrels who came upon a pile of nuts left by some people who had a picnic by an oak tree). It's all about the defense coming up with some plays to slow the other team down. The offense wants a break once and a while and sometimes needs their D to step up and take some pressure off them. When it happens (although rarely as of later) for the Vikings, the team is able to come together. Just look at the Lions game where we were down by 2 scores going into the 4th quarter. The D forced the Lions to make some bad plays, got an INT, and bada-bing, the Offense finally got pumped up and came from behind (that's right, they came from behind) and won a game.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

The history of the Vikings on the road...

It's all about this team being able to shift momentum. They just seemed to not be able to do so, year in and year out... We have players that are capable of that, but they just don't seem to do so. The coach is the one who has to be able to motivate them.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12