Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Hick Terry, Roid Rage Howie, and Tool Johnson's Viking SMACK

Well I am sure that this has been discussed sometime between now and the end of the Viking/Buc game but I don't have time to read all of the similar threads of different PPO members recapping the game. I usually just read Webby's take and the first Recap thread and I'm done with the issue so excuse me if this is repetitive but I need to get if off my chest....

I have officially decided to Boycot the four idiotic Puppets that FOX flaunts on the Boob Tube ever again. Wasn't it these same four aging men who wouldn't stop Blabbing how much of a distraction Randy Moss was to the Viking team after that Washington game last year? And the same four +Buck and Aikmen ripping on Moss and the Vikings after Randy's Moon?

Well (In case you missed it because you were at the game) these same four couldn't stop talking about how the VIKING'S MISS MOSS and how they bet the Viking's wish they had Moss NOW!

I can't believe that those four talking heads get paid.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

vikings6490 is offline Starter

Re: Hick Terry, Roid Rage Howie, and Tool Johnson's Viking S

It's not just those 4, all analysts today are becoming idiots
    Thanks MF

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hick Terry, Roid Rage Howie, and Tool Johnson's Viking SMACK

They're terrible. I too am boycotting Fox's pregame for the rest of the year.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I've boycotted them for the last 3 years and also CBS. I usually watch the ESPN pregame, but even they are getting really bad and i'm about to give up on them also. Ditka is getting more and more like Madden and just rambling on and on and on. Mike Irvin is a moron, they are trying to place him into more of a "controversial" role and it's annoying. Berman is berman, but really starting to show his age ... Honestly, I watch some of it now, but mostly just flip to the NFL Ticket site showing all the games and get my TURBO set up for the games i want to see ...

Screw Joe Buck ............

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i still like berman's highlights. he's so hilarious with his phrases, seems like he is the least opitionated out of all the commenters these days. most of them are overrated, which is why i don't take anything they say, espically when they say we're going to win it all, and then jump right off when we lose one game. :roll:

Thanks Josdin

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

I hear you with ESPN. I used to watch it two years ago but got rid of cable to save some money. I'm just going to get my injury updates and depthchart changes on the INTERNET. And when the Vikes start to Roll I'm sure they will jump back on the VIKING banwagon.

Wish I had Sunday Ticket so I could sit around all day while my girlfriend cleans the house. Why is it woman have to ask you for help to do something when the NFL is on? She didn't ask friday night or saturday during the College games.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Ahhhh yes, the hypocrisy of the media. You gotta love it.

You're dead right, Hovan, all last season, all they talked about was that the Vikes needed to get rid of Moss...now we're idiots for having done so. I have come to the conclusion that teh media knows less about any given situation in football than I do...which is frightening.

I usually like Howies views on most issues, and I can handle Bradshaw and Johnson, but when they follow Joe "I had sex with a goat" Buck in their "Randy Rant", I just shook my head in wonder. This followed on the heels of Jimmy having to fly in to interview Randy about his 2 seconds early departure (Favre's 36 second one didn't get so much as a mention...much less a dedicated interview).

Bottom line is these are Media Whores. They say whetever comes to mind, knowing that MOST of the country has the memory span of Dory (From "Finding Nemo"). 6 months after they yap some crud, everyone will have forgotten what they said and be all set to buy their next load of caca del toro as if it were gospel.

Heck, Madden does it during a single game.

I don't pay much attention to what the media has to say on most issues. Heck, plenty of them are still predicting Green Bay to take the Division...just because Brett Favre is there. These will be the first morons to switch gears and call for his retirement when they fall flat, saying he's "stayed too long" or that his "skills have deteriorated". Just watch, you'll see it.

The reason they do it because there is no accountability. They aren't really there to keep us informed...they're there to entertain us. If I was real ambitious, I would track what they say/predict each week, and see how many times they flip-flop. It would make in interesting end-of-season post.

Caine

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

At the end of the day who cares what they say?

We all know that one bad game doesn't make a bad QB or O line. I expected big things form the guys this year and it's only 1 game down. Sure we should have won but upsets occur.

We are Vikings fans the best in the NFL and it's because we are such fans that these idiots annoy us. We get the same thing in the UK with soccer.

Most commentators love Man Utd and no matter what they or their players do they are always the greatest around.

After a while you just switch off, I take much more interest in what the guys on this forum say than all of those paid taking heads.
    Purple till i die

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Is Jaws still commentating on the Pre Monday Night Game?...Monday Night Matchup..

I always liked Jaws, analyzes the games for what they are, but does throw out his say at the end. Usually a thought thru and realistic prediction.....

What ever happened to Howard Cosell?...LOL....." He can jump like a monkey, must have an extra tendon in his ankle" LMAO...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

its amazing how vikings fans think that the media are all idiots now that they arnt saying what we want to hear.

same thing with favre.. the first time anyone in the media says anything good about favre, vikings fans jump all over them and yell "FAVRE LOVER!!" "MEDIA JUST LOVES FAVRE!!"

the guys on fox are awesome. best pregame show out there.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast