Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Hi again Viking fans

Hey everybody! Finally made it back from a deployment in Iraq which was really an eye opener. So glad to be home...

Anyway while I was there I could only pick up bits and pieces of the NFL offseason. Are we gonna have an awesome year or what???

I'm sure you've already discussed these topics to death but bear with me, I have to have someone to share my excitement with since my entire family are Broncos fans and won't stop talking about Champ Bailey and Tatum Bell.

The defense is loaded with talent. The Vikings front four is shaping up to look like the new Purple People Eaters. I was so stoked when the Vikes picked up Udeze. I read he has a shoulder injury but everything I found said it wouldn't be a problem. If he is the impact player everyone says he will be, lined up with Hovan and K Williams, our line is set for years to come.

But the biggest surprise for me was Antoine Winfield...I could not believe how aggressively the Vikes went after him and the contract that Red agreed to. Winfield is a total shutdown corner and I have no doubt he will make an immediate different in our secondary. Practicing against Randy Moss can't make you any worse!

What do you guys think of EJ Henderson taking over the Mike role? He's got the speed and tackling ability but I will have to see him play a few times to find out if he's got the smarts to be a solid MLB.

All that said I'm still worried about how the Vikings will do this year not because we are not a talented team but because so many other NFC teams improved by leaps and bounds this year. Starting in our own division with Detroit, whose offense is loaded with young talent. I still don't think they will make a huge turnaround because they don't have any D outside Bly and Bailey. Chicago will have a fierce D line. And Seattle, Washington, and Philly will all be tough games this year.

But I think the Vikes are set...they took care of all the needs they had coming into the offseason and I can't expect them to have done much more. I can't wait for the season to start...
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi again Viking fans

welcome back man, glad to see you here....and thank you.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Hi again Viking fans

Welcome home SD... I'm glad to hear that you made it back safely! You're right, we've been up and down on a lot of the issues, but its glad to see someone else with excitement. There is lots good teams in the NFC, but I do believe that we are THE team to beat... I'm biased I know, but as you said, we had a great off-season to add to our already talented team. Its gonna be a great year for the Vikes. Once again welcome back!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hi again Viking fans

Dude...you just got back from Iraq? From a Packer fan, thanks much for your service. I'm even donating some SKOL Bucks to you, because, darn it, what good are they to me?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Hi again Viking fans

Thanks you guys, and thanks for the Skol bucks LA! Yeah I was over there embedded with the Army doing weather support. It was different than what I thought, from what you see on TV. Most of the fighting is only in a couple areas like An Najaf and Fallujah. In other places it is amazing...people are talking on cell phones and buying new clothes and shoes. Hospitals, schools, everything is starting back up again. The Iraqis are eager to get things running again. In one school we saw the soldiers really have a strong rapport with the Iraqi kids...when I got back here I was amazed to talk to people who think it's all bad news.

Anyway I was lucky to only spend 3 months over there...some people are over there for a lot longer.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Hi again Viking fans

welcome home sdvikesfan and I do thank you for your service to god and country.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Hi again Viking fans

Glad to see you made it back safe and sound :!: This will be a GREAT year for the VIKINGS :!:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Hi again Viking fans

Welcome home sdvikefan! And, thank you!

Skol!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Hi again Viking fans

It takes some big balls to do what you have done, thanks so much sd and we will kick some ass this yr!! :salute:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Hi again Viking fans

Thx you, got some friends over there and nice to hear someone coming back. You rock!!!!! and so will the Vikings!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast