Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Y'all! :-)

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hey Y'all! :-)

Well, I just got back from visiting over Christmas, and wanted to say "Good Game" to you all.

As I was screaming and convulsing at my grandmother's house on Christmas Eve, my wife looked at me and said, "Boy, I bet you wish you could get on PurplePride right now."

And I looked at her and said, no, actually, I don't. I've been on the wrong side of a score too many times to want to rub anything in anyone's face on this board. I knew most of you were not only heartbroken enough, but there were undoubtedly 20 newly registered Packer fans already on trying to rub it in your faces. If they were, classless. I can only think of one poster I wouldn't mind rubbing it in to on this board, and I still wouldn't do it.

Anyway...good game. I haven't looked through the threads, but it looked to be a pretty evenly called game without a lot of controversy (at least, ref-wise).

Claiborne's interception was probably the most amazing interception I've ever seen on Favre. It was hard to knock Favre for it...he hid well, then caught a rocket. I thought the game was over at that point. I'm sure many of you would have treasured the look on my face then.

Here's my assessment: Both teams are very talented, but not very cohesive. Neither Tice nor Sherman are very skilled at pulling a team together on the same page. The Packers love having a "cause" to play for (Irv Favre last year), and this year, you guys got "Fergied".

Other than the Wussy-Tackling, the Packers but together one of the best games they've played this year, which is good, because you guys did, too. Donald Driver almost willed this game himself, and when you finally double covered him, Walker delivered the final blow.

As I said, this one was for all the marbles, and may the better team win. Christmas Eve, the Packers proved they were the better team on that day, though yet another rematch may be looming in the playoffs. I will probably have tickets for the playoff game, and would love nothing more than to see the Vikes back in Lambeau.

The Pack may have won, but fans of both teams will have to admit that was one of the best battles we've seen this season, and if one team had to lose, at least it was with respect and without any other crap we thought might happen (cheap shots, dirty play, poor refs, bad sportsmanship).

So, to all my Vike pals here, good game...I know you're down, but one win and you're in the playoffs. Then, its anyone's battle.

Cheers!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I hear ya Los... I wasn't even gonna come back on. I bought my ticket for the game from Vike58... and I was telling him that you'd probably be the only saving grace on this board! I wasn't even looking forward to what my fellow vikes fans had to say!

It WAS a great game up until the end... I had a blast!! My voice is still all scratchy from all the screaming I did! Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

wish I could say neener,neener,neener to you los but you get the edge this time.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Thanks, tried...it was a welcome resting relief, and the win Friday was probably the best gift of all (Well, I finally got a PS2, also....)

Hope yours was wonderful and joyous, despite the loss.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

It was good but reminded me much of the first one

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Classy post, man. Be sure to drop in every now and then since you'll be busy with your PS2 :thumbleft:

Wyndy11 is offline Rookie

A decent packer fan. They do exsist. Nice job Los.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

los puts the ass back in class!!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It ruined my Christmas for the most part! I hate the cheeseheads and living in Wisconny!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Thanks LA :shock: BUT :cry: :crybaby: hopefully the season :twisted: is not OVER YET :wink:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast