Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Hey Vikings fans - stop leaving the game early!!

the score was 27-16 or something like that, and everyone gets up and starts leaving!!

the saints had the ball. 4 or 5 or 6 minutes remaining (cant remember eaxactly) they needed a touchdown and to stop the vikings and then another touchdown to win. and people are leaving!!

you pay 40-150 bucks to go to a game and leave early?

now, it was definatly a loooong shot for the saints to win at that time, but cmon. it was definatly not that far fetched to say the saints could rally two scoring drives.

side note: on kfan this morning they spoke of how the gophers were down 28-20 and people started leaving that game. and what happened? game went into double overtime and they won.

do other cities do this?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Hey Vikings fans - stop leaving the game early!!

Yes, Giant fans have been known to do that, when they were realistically still in the game.. that game against Miami from a few years ago comes to mind.

As far as Jets fans.. well.. don't even bother showing up. Pennington can't throw, that's been the major topic up here today.

TheViking is offline Rookie

I was at the Seattle/Arizona game and with 6 or more minutes left in the 4th everyone started to leave. Its a common trend at many games. Don't think that Viking fans just don't care people are always trying to find ways to not sit in traffic and leaving early is one of them.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You can get stuck in a parking ramp for almost an hour if you don't stagger your exit with everyone else....kind of an implicit understanding amongst fans....some sit in the dome for a half hour after the game before they go to their car. Welcome to downtown football.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

dont get me wrong, leaving early is fine. its just is annoying when theres still a possibility.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Here in Tampa ... they show up with 1/2 the first quarter gone, leave for halftime and come back with about 1/2 the third gone .... then, if it's a 7pt or more lead for either team ... forget about the 4th. I personally love it, no matter what myself and the woman, no matter the game are there till the game is over. Love it when a team comes back and can say, "Where were you ... ohh, sitting in traffic" ... lol

Arizona's new stadium will be ready for next season.. and methinks a lot of good seats will always be available if they don't shape up by then.

Prophet Guest

I was at a game back ~78 when the Vikes were getting clobbered and I left early, it was mighty cold out that day. I left during the fourth quarter and the Vikes came back to win. I can't even remember who they were playing...the 9ers???? Anyway, I have never left a game early again.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would never leave a game early, but that's just me. I would rather be one of the last one's left in the stadium!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

That means... you wouldn't get home until.. 4 hours after the game finished, lol.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast