Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hey snowinapril, where in TX?

I would rather root for public schools, but they too differ with the haves (UTex, LSU, Okla, Neb, etc.). The problem is that in Louisiana, for instance, LSU smothers all of the rest of the programs and hogs all of the best talent. The state's college administration skews everything from money to resources toward one school so that it can compete on a national level. My poor school has over 20,000 students, yet can't recruit anybody decent to play football. We have one of those regional names, and were blocked for years from changing it to a better one and even so only got a partial victory. We were the Univ of SW La., and wanted to be U of Louisiana, but the rule was made that we had to get one other school to change also. So we became U of La-Lafayette and NE La became U of La-Monroe. It may not seem like much but recruits see a difference. Also we can't get into a decent conference, yet sh*t football programs like Vandy, Duke, and other perennial doormats continue to thrive in the BCS conferences. If all D-I teams could be guaranteed entrance in one of eight hypothetical superconferences (whose champions would compete in an eight team playoff to determine the national champion) then I would be much more of a college football fan. But that will never happen because too much money is at stake.

Sorry for the rant, just my take on that subject.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I hear ya,

So you are also saying that NEB and ND will bounce back because they still have tons of MONEY to support them.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Yes, NEB will bounce back or they will face a mutiny (courtesy of the rabid Cornhusker fans there). LSU is a prime example of a dormant power, but by hiring Saban, they resurrected their program to national prominence (after a much longer layoff than either NEB or ND). ND is a trickier situation, but I think that their alums will pony up to fund whatever they need to attract the blue chip recruits. They need to get rid of Willingham (he is sooo overrated). He didn't do sh*t at Stanford especially compared to what Denny did there before.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123