Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Guys!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hey Guys!!

West Bend is a nice area to live, I guess I can't complain! That whole conversion thing, NOT gonna happen . Yes I do have to admit, the winters suck, but since I love hockey (being from Minny) I have to stick through it. I have a buddy that moved from Minnesota to Arizona, he must not have been able to handle the winter either!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Hey Guys!!

I have some friends that moved to AZ last spring. They lasted through one summer, and now they're back in Minneapolis. It was too hot. It probably depends on where in AZ you are though, I hear some areas are pleasant. It's nice to have the change of seasons here. After a few years most people grow accustomed to the winters..., you can always put on another layer. It's hard to escape the heat though.

So the Vikes fans in AZ haven't converted you yet?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hey Guys!!

Just hope that you dont see a bunch of parents waiting for you after school. :lol: Never know what can happen if you convert too much.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ArizonaPackerFan is offline Training Camp

Hey Guys!!

"SKOL" wrote:
    I have some friends that moved to AZ last spring. They lasted through one summer, and now they're back in Minneapolis. It was too hot. It probably depends on where in AZ you are though, I hear some areas are pleasant. It's nice to have the change of seasons here. After a few years most people grow accustomed to the winters..., you can always put on another layer. It's hard to escape the heat though.

So the Vikes fans in AZ haven't converted you yet?
    I live across the street from a Vikings fan, but none have converted me. There are more Packer fans down here than Vikings fans. The last time the Cardinals sold out was in 2000 when the Packers played. Last season their biggest crowd was 58,000 when the Packers played. I think the Vikings game against the Cardinals drew in the 40s. Possibly low 50s, but I remember the Packer game being the largest draw last year for the Cardinals.

Kind of pathetic that the local Cardinals had under 20,000 season ticket holders last year. Like a friend of mine said when I moved here, you don't go to see the Cardinals, you go to see the other team. Football with the Cardinals is weird down here after exeperiencing the rivalries with the Vikings and Bears.

A lot of people down here hate the heat. If I had a hard labor type job where I had to work in it every day I'd hate it, but since I have a desk job it doesn't bother me. I love the warm nights in summer where I'm grilling out on my back patio and watching tv outside past midnight. Golfing in the heat doesn't bother me either because you generate a nice breeze driving along in the cart. I enjoy the outdoors year round down here, in Wisconsin I always felt cooped up during the winter.

One of the great things I like is since it's so warm, I have football parties the entire NFL season where I grill out on the back patio and I setup my tv outside on the patio for us to watch the game. I couldn't do that for long in Wisconsin.

There are pluses and minuses no matter where you live though. Everyone has to choose what's best for them.

Hey Guys!!

Yeah, I wish I could grill out every Sunday and watch football on my patio, but like SKOL said, it is nice to have a change in seasons. I can handle the winters for now, but I'm sure when I retire I will want to get out of the midwest and move someplace warm, and play golf everyday!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

howln4u is offline Rookie

Hey Guys!!

Welcome VKG4LFE. I also live in the heart of WI (Wausau). Dead center. I take a lot of ribbing because all my coats are Vikings coats from Leather, Winter to Pullover Golf ones.

Most of the harrassment is good nature ribbing but there are those Packer Fans that take it to far. My truck was keyed a couple weeks ago. $3500 in damage. I would never try the Liscense Plate but maybe next time since everyone knows anyway why not.

Do you get to any games? I know it would be about a 8 hour ride for you.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hey Guys!!

Arizona...

I've always known there were a lot of Packer fans out there. My sister lived in Flagstaff for a couple years, and my cousin was filming a movie on Phoenix, and they said there was never a problem finding Packer bars out there. I visited my cousin on the set wearing my Chmura jersey (yes, this was back in 1996) and a lot of people made positive comments on it.

I suppose there's a lot of retiring Minnesotoans down there, too.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Hey Guys!!

"ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    One of the great things I like is since it's so warm, I have football parties the entire NFL season where I grill out on the back patio and I setup my tv outside on the patio for us to watch the game. I couldn't do that for long in Wisconsin.
    My folks are in AZ. One more bonus to the warm summer nights in AZ: no misquitos. It's nice to be able to enjoy a cookout without the food tasting like citronella.

Hey Guys!!

I guess if my car gets keyed, I win. If they are going to go that far, they're crazy. I have a lot of road ragers (sp?) but that's about it, and that is usually during the season after they lose!!

I didn't get to any games this past year, but the year before I went to the OT Atlanta game where Vick ran all over us, and then I also went to the Dolphins game for CC's comeback!! That was a great game with Anderson booting the 53 yarder with 17 seconds left!! The best game of my life though was in 1998 at home against the packers!! What a great year, let's hope we can do it again only win it all.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey Guys!!

Alright another Wisconsin bound VIKINGS fan :!: There is not alot of us but we are still proud of our VIKINGS :!: Glad to here you are putting those young boys on the right path :!:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast