Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Re: He's sure he has a grip on it - What made Troy Williamson drop passes?

"singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    troy played REALLY well today, and was a bright spot in the loss from the jets.
    6 catches - 74 yards - longest was one of 22 yards.

keep it up troy!
    Really well? I don't know about that. His numbers do look pretty good (compared to the rest of the season) but he did have a couple drops again. His wasn't the only confidence shaken. I think coaches and many fans alike are gonna need to see way more consistency on his part to say he's over his deficiencies and that won't be seen until next season.
    I hope you are not refering to the one that bounced in front of him by 5 yards or the one that was thrown wide of him.

The one T-Jack threw to him wasn't dropped as much as there was great coverage on that play & I believe the defender played a part in that incompletion as well.

The one in the endzone was caught & he was knocked out of bounds IMO should have been a TD by the replay they showed at the dome. The defender pushed him out.

The one that impressed me the most was that bullet he caught from T-Jack.

Give the guy some credit, the last two games he had, his receptions vs. the times catchable balls were thrown his way are quite high.
    From all the replays they showed on TV it was a touchdown.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

keep it up troy!
    Really well? I don't know about that. His numbers do look pretty good (compared to the rest of the season) but he did have a couple drops again. His wasn't the only confidence shaken. I think coaches and many fans alike are gonna need to see way more consistency on his part to say he's over his deficiencies and that won't be seen until next season.
    I hope you are not refering to the one that bounced in front of him by 5 yards or the one that was thrown wide of him.

The one T-Jack threw to him wasn't dropped as much as there was great coverage on that play & I believe the defender played a part in that incompletion as well.

The one in the endzone was caught & he was knocked out of bounds IMO should have been a TD by the replay they showed at the dome. The defender pushed him out.

Give the guy some credit, the last two games he had, his receptions vs. the times catchable balls were thrown his way are quite high.
    Agree 100%. I think that since Troy has screwed up in the past, blaming him has become commonplace. Sometimes it's not his fault that a pass that was thrown to him was incomplete. A pass that is knocked out of his hands by a defender when he never had full possesion is not a drop. The only clear drop I saw was the one that hit him in the chest and bounced off but he still caught it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

keep it up troy!

Agree 100%. I think that since Troy has screwed up in the past, blaming him has become commonplace. Sometimes it's not his fault that a pass that was thrown to him was incomplete. A pass that is knocked out of his hands by a defender when he never had full possesion is not a drop. The only clear drop I saw was the one that hit him in the chest and bounced off but he still caught it.
    Troy had a BETTER game today, but still didn't play great.

I think he should have had the deep throw from Tarvaris. If you look at the replay, he let the ball get into his chest again rather than pulling it down with his hands. Because it got to his chest, he never gained control.

The play with the interception was also on Troy a little bit. It was great coverage, and it was probably a little too tight to throw it anyway, but Troy got a shoulder from the defender and as a result only reached out with one hand and never got a finger on the ball. He has to do a better job of going out and getting it, IMO.

Aside from those two plays though, he did play really well. He had enough presence of mind on that one play (where he almost dropped it) to focus and still catch the ball even it after it bounced off of him and the one above his head from Tarvaris showed good hands as well.

I hope he's turned a corner now and starts to produce. I'd love to see a Tarvaris/Troy connection develop.

"singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

keep it up troy!

Seeing the replays on TV while watching the game, IMO at least two of the drops were catchable balls meaning in and then out of his hands and I wasn't the only one who thought this out of the people who watched the game with me down here in New Mexico. But the endzone thing did look as it was called to me (out of bounds/not pushed out). I will give him credit for his numbers today though. It was better than anything else I've seen this season. But, like I've stated, I have no real confidence in the guy. I support him like all Viking players and hope he continues to play at a better and more consistant level. And sure, most every receiver has drops. It's just that when I see Troy Williamson drop what I would deem as a catchable ball in crunch-time, I can only sigh because it's deja vu. He has a track record of having butter fingers. Sad but true.
    Even babies know the difference.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

keep it up troy!

Seeing the replays on TV while watching the game, IMO at least two of the drops were catchable balls meaning in and then out of his hands and I wasn't the only one who thought this out of the people who watched the game with me down here in New Mexico. But the endzone thing did look as it was called to me (out of bounds/not pushed out). I will give him credit for his numbers today though. It was better than anything else I've seen this season. But, like I've stated, I have no real confidence in the guy. I support him like all Viking players and hope he continues to play at a better and more consistant level. And sure, most every receiver has drops. It's just that when I see Troy Williamson drop what I would deem as a catchable ball in crunch-time, I can only sigh because it's deja vu. He has a track record of having butter fingers. Sad but true.
    Watch Ultra's T-Jack video. That one was incomplete, but there was damn good coverage on him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

keep it up troy!

That's what they called, but I disagreed with the call. He looked to me as if he would have come down in bounds had he not been pushed. I'll watch the replay of it on TV, but they do sometimes show better angle shots at the dome that you are not privy to on TV.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

williamson did play great he suprised me today and i was verrry happy to see it.. the long pass was great coverage not tryos fault not much you can do... you can see he's been working on his hands, the one that he let hit his chest and still caught it kinda scared me but he still had the awarness to make the catch... overall congrats to troy on the great game!!!!!

Thanks josdin00

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

keep it up troy!

That's what they called, but I disagreed with the call. He looked to me as if he would have come down in bounds had he not been pushed. I'll watch the replay of it on TV, but they do sometimes show better angle shots at the dome that you are not privy to on TV.
    are you kidding me? The refs made the correct call....AS USUAL, he bobbled the ball from the time it touched his (stone) hands, to the time he hit the ground..look again, you might need glasses.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    [quote author=vikes09 link=topic=29958.msg511091#msg511091 date=1166403477]

keep it up troy!

are you kidding me? The refs made the correct call....AS USUAL, he bobbled the ball from the time it touched his (stone) hands, to the time he hit the ground..look again, you might need glasses.
    [/quote]

The refs did make the right call.
    I watched it as I was looking at the game dvd.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

What do you think about this interview now?

He does't catch the ball well across the middle = body catcher.

He has too much trouble catching the ball over the shoulder.

We will have to examine him on the sideline playing catch with the other WRs and QBs and see if he can catch there?

FLUFF!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast