Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm not ready to give up on Frazier just yet. But I agree with other posters- Musgrave has to go. No imagination and very predictable and not good at running plays that complement our offense. I refuse to believe the pass offense is last in the league due to Ponder only. A lot due to Ponder but he gets little help from OC. Who is QB coach anyway? He might need to go as well.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I'm not ready to give up on Frazier just yet. But I agree with other posters- Musgrave has to go. No imagination and very predictable and not good at running plays that complement our offense. I refuse to believe the pass offense is last in the league due to Ponder only. A lot due to Ponder but he gets little help from OC. Who is QB coach anyway? He might need to go as well.
    By the looks of Ponder's mechanics & throwing decisions I'm guessing we don't have one. Obviously either the QB coach or Ponder is worthless.

The site says we have one, whom Frazier hired last season. Craig Johnson, was the Titans coach for 11 seasons & coached Steve McNair, Vince Young and Kerry Collins.

The reason that Musgrave is so predictable, is because he doesn't have to many options playing to Ponder's strengths, which is handing off, bubble passes & short 5 yard dumps. He tries to give Ponder more options, but on deeper passes & hitting receivers on the fly on running routes, he has little success.

When it's 3rd & 22 & Musgrave calls a running play like he did last Sunday, it seems stupid to us, but he's actually putting it into the hands of the person who's more likely to get us those 22 yards.

Ponder has only 5 completions all season on passes of 21 yards or more on 25 attempts.

I'm pretty sure AD has more than 5 rushes that went for over 21 yards this season.

With that said, if you were Musgrave, what would you do?

That tells me he has little faith in Ponder's abilities as a passer downfield.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-12-2012 at 06:17 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12