Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Herrera is Vikings’ unsung hero

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    Idk yo, I think Cook has to shine this season. He got crap on alot last year.
    I don't agree. He actually did a pretty good job after Herrera took over for Hicks and he got a bit more used to the scheme as the year went on.

I will look, but someone posted a article buy a guy who pinged on him all year, who actually apologized to Cook (in a article) after he looked at his stats and find out he really didn't play that bad, especially considering he was a Rookie, thrust into a starting role at RT after playing Center at the collegiate level.

Anyone else remember that thread/article?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't agree. He actually did a pretty good job after Herrera took over for Hicks and he got a bit more used to the scheme as the year went on.

I will look, but someone posted a article buy a guy who pinged on him all year, who actually apologized to Cook (in a article) after he looked at his stats and find out he really didn't play that bad, especially considering he was a Rookie, thrust into a starting role at RT after playing Center at the collegiate level.

:
    Was it on the Onion?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I remember Tice's man crush on him back when he used to just go out there and maul people. It was good to see him much more disciplined last year. Hopefully he can take his game to the next level next year after a year under his belt as the starter.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I really like Herrera he plays with awesome tenacity and passion, he should be that much better this season along with Cook who played well given his first year starting.

I like the fact that all 5 are returing healthy and if McKinnie can avoid any issues it will only help the continuity.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Gotta love the PS guys that work their way into the starting lineup.
    Those are the players that put it all on the line every time they play.
    Go Herrera!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

sh01002 is offline Rookie

Herrera is a beast for the Vikings...he deserves the recognition
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

:
    Cook arguably pass blocked better than McKinnie last year....
    not to mention the numerous 3rd and shorts running to the right side... there no slouch!!.. while drastically reducing pre-snap penalties... waay more disciplined last year than i can remember in a long time and was arguably the biggest improvement in the line from the previous year!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

:
    Cook was a rookie in 2006, not 2007.

He played in 6 games in 2006, starting in only the last 3 & started his 1st full-season in 2007.

Didn't he play RG in 2006 & wasn't moved to RT until 2007?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

This is a very interesting aspect of our Oline.

we have

Mck Hutch Birk Cook Herrera

now.. if we can get Cook - Herrera to really play together like Mck - Hutch then we'll have an unstopable running game.
    with the size we have on the outsides with mck - herrera.. my only concern is that we'll need an extra in the back field in case speedy DE's get around them. i'm not concerned about either shoving a brute backwards.. or knocking down the DE's if they get their hands on um.

should prove to be a very very solid line for years 2 come!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    Cook was a rookie in 2006, not 2007.

He played in 6 games in 2006, starting in only the last 3 & started his 1st full-season in 2007.

Didn't he play RG in 2006 & wasn't moved to RT until 2007?
    If they don't play thier first year I kindof lump them in as rookies on the field. TJ is a prime example of that.
    I kept calling him a rookie last year as well.

I get in alot of trouble with that don't I however, because he is playing the position for the first time I call them a rookie instead of typing "First year starter".

I will find a better word/term so I don't confuse people.

Maybe he slipped in for a couple of snaps, but I don't remember him playing and ESPN has him listed as such on thier stat page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...800&sYear=2006

Edit:

Here is a link butn not the one I was thinking about....

http://www.dailynorseman.com/nfl/pla...nfl.com-p.5962

Upon further review, I think that I was too hard on Ryan Cook over the course of the season.
    For a guy that was playing his first full season at RT after playing center in college, he actually did a pretty solid job.
    He didn't commit a whole lot of penalties, and his pass protection got more solid as the season progressed.
    His run blocking, as you'd expect from a Minnesota offensive lineman, was very good throughout the course of the season, and he's also a solid young prospect that should continue to improve as well.
    So, Mr. Cook, if you're reading this, I apologize for the majority of the bad things I said about you last season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast