Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Here's what they're saying in Cheeseland.....

Here is the link to the Wisconsin State Jounal, which runs the following article on last night's game. (Apologising in advance for the picture of Al Franken.)

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/index.php?ntid=62432

And, I'll give you a little tidbit, and a rant....

Quarterback Brett Favre was so upset that he blew off his usual post-game news conference.

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't Brat Favre supposed to be the golden-boy, the media darling? How often has he pouted after losing a game, and chickens out of the embarrasing post-game questions? More times than a golden-boy should. And yet, the media doesn't get down on him for this! To me, to show true sportsmanship, a guy takes the bad with the good, sucks it up, and stands there and answers the painful questions on why you lost. Brat Favre goes in the locker room, gets dressed, and gets his hurt feelings and chicken a$$ outta there!

But, the media will not point out this obvious character flaw in him, because he's Brat Favre, and can do nothing wrong! Well, he's just like anybody else, except that none of us have a graven image in our heads of ourselves that we worship every day, like Brat. Well, his golden idol is tarnished now, and he'll have to do an awful lot of polishing to wipe it off.

And another thing! Why is it that....

Hey! Leggo of me! Where you taking me? Not back to the padded cell again! Help! Help...............
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Here's what they're saying in Cheeseland.....

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Here is the link to the Wisconsin State Jounal, which runs the following article on last night's game. (Apologising in advance for the picture of Al Franken.)

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/index.php?ntid=62432

And, I'll give you a little tidbit, and a rant....

Quarterback Brett Favre was so upset that he blew off his usual post-game news conference.

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't Brat Favre supposed to be the golden-boy, the media darling? How often has he pouted after losing a game, and chickens out of the embarrasing post-game questions? More times than a golden-boy should. And yet, the media doesn't get down on him for this! To me, to show true sportsmanship, a guy takes the bad with the good, sucks it up, and stands there and answers the painful questions on why you lost. Brat Favre goes in the locker room, gets dressed, and gets his hurt feelings and chicken a$$ outta there!

But, the media will not point out this obvious character flaw in him, because he's Brat Favre, and can do nothing wrong! Well, he's just like anybody else, except that none of us have a graven image in our heads of ourselves that we worship every day, like Brat. Well, his golden idol is tarnished now, and he'll have to do an awful lot of polishing to wipe it off.

And another thing! Why is it that....

Hey! Leggo of me! Where you taking me? Not back to the padded cell again! Help! Help...............
    That is what I said earlier in a previous thread. Last night on NFL TA, they said "oh Favre declined a post game PC," and they just went on with other stuff. If this was anyone else, that person would have been crucified.

amth is offline Starter

i also dont think he is an elite QB anymore he makes at least 5 or 6 BAD ROOKIE like throws a game. yet the annoucers compliment him saying how brett likes to throw in to tight spots and only brett can do that blah blah blah, double coverage triple coverage NO problem thats brett

any other QB would be feathered and tarred by the media but most media swallow brett nuts and all
    it sucks being u, but its great being me

realviking is offline Rookie

How can he stand to play anymore? It would be a wonder if he comes back next year. I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking.
    When there's weather to report, I report the weather.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

more fuel for my strong dislike of Farve and the media

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

They're going to try their hardest to dangle some smelly cheese in front of him. I think the biggest smelly cheese will be the promise of trying to land superman out of USC.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting "homer" article. After saying the Pack is not mathamatically out of it and how they will keep trying to start winning because they aren't that bad of a football team comes this quote:
    The Vikings (5-5), meanwhile, kept hope alive for a little while longer by keeping the Bears (7-3) still within sight.
    Ahhhhh yes, the Packers MAY make the playoffs but the Vikings are only alive for another week or so.
    It made me laugh.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I just LOVED the look on Favre's face when we were lining up for the game winner - he's like "Here we go again...". It was PRICELESS!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

A few years ago the Packers came to St. Louis for a playoff game. It was a pretty good Packer team and Favre threw 6 interceptions. Basically he threw the game away and it wasn't even a contest for the Rams.

Favre cannot be considered the best QB anymore, he needs a better offense to work with.

Leinert going to the Packers would not be a good thing. Madden needs a new Golden Boy to replace Favre and we don't need the new Golden Boy to be a Packer. Let's send him to Houston or Cleveland.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I just LOVED the look on Favre's face when we were lining up for the game winner - he's like "Here we go again...". It was PRICELESS!!!!

Heck yah! It was like the same face as last game.. That was too funny.. :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast