Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 184
  1. #21
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "C" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    if anything, youve shown your "true colors" in holding a grudge over statistically the best quarterback to ever play the game simply because the team he played on..how bad does that sound?..any self respecting vikings fan knows the history of the franchise and its lack of a title and has seen how pathetic the QB position has been the last 3 years
    For one, my argument is based on the fact that he can't get it done anymore... not what team he played for... again.... Laughably simple thought process.

    if being so far away from contending with tarvaris jackson at the helm makes you warm and fuzzy inside, then im not sure what else can be said about YOUR thought process..some vikings fans have become far too comfortable with the red mccombs thought process of not picking up that one final piece to put the team over the top
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  2. #22
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    I definitly voted yes as to wether we should aquire Favre, thats "If" he gets released. If Favre is released there's no doubt Favre makes this team a better one and if our Franchise stays firm to there believe that they will make all changes necasary to make our team better this is huge. Not only are we already real contenders but we run a similair offense and Favre has ties to our QB coach.

    I find it hard to believe that he would be released but one guy on KFAN said the Packers would be unable to take his cap hit for this season, so they HAVE to release or trade him and they have said several times they are already moving on...

    This puts the Packers in quite the bind because Trading him may be quite difficult as he has to agree to the terms of a contract that not many teams have the money to pay for. Another reason Minny is a possibilty.

    As to the few fans that feel hatred toward Favre I say let it go. I dropped the hate Favre thing when I was about 17 and I see Favre for the person and player that he is. A guy who plays the game with great passion and is proving so in wanting to play a 18th season. He loves the game and fits what we look for in terms of a leader and locker room character.

    After all is said I find it difficult to imagine but I also never thought we would have got Steve or Jared. If he becomes available and we want him he will be our QB and he would immediatly make everyone on our offense that much better. Infact our offense would start looking like a serious bright spot to go along with a potential record breaking defense. SB predicitions would be coming from more mouths that just Dr. Z.

    My final question is, would Brad Childress make a bold move like this with a guy who is known to be wild with his passes. I would hope he takes that opportunity, regardless of the INT's he throws if your to surround him with our current team it starts to look scary on paper.

  3. #23
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As to the few fans that feel hatred toward Favre I say let it go. I dropped the hate Favre thing when I was about 17 and I see Favre for the person and player that he is. A guy who plays the game with great passion and is proving so in wanting to play a 18th season. He loves the game and fits what we look for in terms of a leader and locker room character.
    Couple quick points...

    1.) I assume the "Hatred for Favre" comment refers to some of my posts... which if you read, I said I'd rather have TJack get the experience... I've never said I hated Favre.

    2.) How do you know Favre's Character? Have you met him? Are you going from what ESPN tells you? Haha. 'He loves the game'.... I swear to God, ESPN says that every single game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #24
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "C" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As to the few fans that feel hatred toward Favre I say let it go. I dropped the hate Favre thing when I was about 17 and I see Favre for the person and player that he is. A guy who plays the game with great passion and is proving so in wanting to play a 18th season. He loves the game and fits what we look for in terms of a leader and locker room character.
    Couple quick points...

    1.) I assume the "Hatred for Favre" comment refers to some of my posts... which if you read, I said I'd rather have TJack get the experience... I've never said I hated Favre.

    2.) How do you know Favre's Character? Have you met him? Are you going from what ESPN tells you? Haha. 'He loves the game'.... I swear to God, ESPN says that every single game.
    "any self respecting vikings fan wouldnt want favre on their team"
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As to the few fans that feel hatred toward Favre I say let it go. I dropped the hate Favre thing when I was about 17 and I see Favre for the person and player that he is. A guy who plays the game with great passion and is proving so in wanting to play a 18th season. He loves the game and fits what we look for in terms of a leader and locker room character.
    Couple quick points...

    1.) I assume the "Hatred for Favre" comment refers to some of my posts... which if you read, I said I'd rather have TJack get the experience... I've never said I hated Favre.

    2.) How do you know Favre's Character? Have you met him? Are you going from what ESPN tells you? Haha. 'He loves the game'.... I swear to God, ESPN says that every single game.
    "any self respecting vikings fan wouldnt want favre on their team"
    Not seeing the word hate in there... you?

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    all people need to do is look at the alternative..if favre doesnt play, jackson does
    You may be ready to give up on TJack, but some some, me included, still have faith in him.
    HE WOULD STILL BE ON THE ROSTER, AND HE WOULD STILL START 2 YEARS FROM NOW..i dont get what people are missing here..try to win now, and let jackson develop from the bench like he was supposed to in the first place..the plan was to bench the guy for 3 years, but they threw him out there and he was terrible..take a far better option in favre, try to actually win, then let the guy start when hes finally actually ready in a couple year

    the team is good enough to win now, but the quarterback isnt..maybe in 2 years he will be ready to live up the rest of the teams expectations
    You HOPE that he would still be on the roster.
    If I was TJack and got sat down for Favre or any other QB after having been the starter and done everything that the Vikings organization had asked of me, I would bolt as soon as I became a free agent and even one other team gave me a sniff (and since you sound like you believe that TJack can be a solid NFL starter at some point, there will be much more than just sniffs from other teams).
    So, again, UNLESS getting Favre GUARANTEES the Vikings a Super Bowl win (and i want the guarantee from the Man Upstairs), I can't see that the short-term rental of Favre pays off in the long run.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #27
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    491

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    C Mac D
    1.You can cut the shit we all know you hate Brett Favre.

    2. How do you know T-Jack has character? Have you met him? Are you going to believe what you hear and read. " He loves the game" I swear to god, Espn says that every single game about T-Jack. Oh wait they dont say that about T-Jack.

    This is not a bashing on T-Jack im just saying he is not as good at Brett Favre.

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    all people need to do is look at the alternative..if favre doesnt play, jackson does
    You may be ready to give up on TJack, but some some, me included, still have faith in him.
    HE WOULD STILL BE ON THE ROSTER, AND HE WOULD STILL START 2 YEARS FROM NOW..i dont get what people are missing here..try to win now, and let jackson develop from the bench like he was supposed to in the first place..the plan was to bench the guy for 3 years, but they threw him out there and he was terrible..take a far better option in favre, try to actually win, then let the guy start when hes finally actually ready in a couple year

    the team is good enough to win now, but the quarterback isnt..maybe in 2 years he will be ready to live up the rest of the teams expectations
    You HOPE that he would still be on the roster.
    If I was TJack and got sat down for Favre or any other QB after having been the starter and done everything that the Vikings organization had asked of me, I would bolt as soon as I became a free agent and even one other team gave me a sniff (and since you sound like you believe that TJack can be a solid NFL starter at some point, there will be much more than just sniffs from other teams).
    So, again, UNLESS getting Favre GUARANTEES the Vikings a Super Bowl win (and i want the guarantee from the Man Upstairs), I can't see that the short-term rental of Favre pays off in the long run.
    talking to olson is like trying to tell someone from the 5th century that the world is round...

    He can't see the big picture and the future of the franchise or comprehend that 2007 statistics don't equal 2008 wins.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    491

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    Hmmm what about more than the roster that Favre will affect. Lets say Favre comes and wins the superbowl but in the act we allienate TJack. Did you ever think that a superbowl would garentee us a new stadium and the fact that we would get to stay in Minny? We can always get a new qb via free agency or draft. My question for you and this will sum it all up: Would you rather win the superbowl next year or come close and failing for the next ten? I would take my chances on next year or maybe favre sticks around the next two. We know that we have a great shot with Favre... T-Jack not so much.

  10. #30
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Here is why getting Favre would be a bad move on our behalf.

    "C" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As to the few fans that feel hatred toward Favre I say let it go. I dropped the hate Favre thing when I was about 17 and I see Favre for the person and player that he is. A guy who plays the game with great passion and is proving so in wanting to play a 18th season. He loves the game and fits what we look for in terms of a leader and locker room character.
    Couple quick points...

    1.) I assume the "Hatred for Favre" comment refers to some of my posts... which if you read, I said I'd rather have TJack get the experience... I've never said I hated Favre.

    2.) How do you know Favre's Character? Have you met him? Are you going from what ESPN tells you? Haha. 'He loves the game'.... I swear to God, ESPN says that every single game.
    I might have read your post but I know we have hundreds of guests rolling through here and I know Mardro throws the hate word out there.

    This is very arrogant, I think just about everyone thats ever known Favre or met him has had good things to say. Plus this guys been in the league 18 years its not hard after that long to know exactly who Favre is. What ESPN tells me, no I don't think so. If you've ever watched any Bio's or anything of that nature on Favre you would know he loves the game and to watch him play is the real proof.

    I think its a weird thought of even having Favre on our team but in noway is it a good idea to sit around and question his heart for the game or his character. Favre is a drama Queen would bring mass media and hype but also a dimension that could put us over the top.

    I also think its a good idea to ask the question "What have you done for me lately". Lately Favre has had some of his best seasons as a pro while playing consistent and staying healthy. His playoff INT's worry me some and I'm sure we are aware of this and with our current team that type of pressure is unlikely to placed on his shoulders. If he was to throw INT's we're lucky enough to have a very talented defense to back him up, much like we would do with Tarvaris.

    After all is said I see it as a long shot but a real possibilty.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will the Favre move be considered a success even w
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
  2. Help! Where should I move???
    By jkjuggalo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:26 AM
  3. Vikings tried to move up!
    By D-Sharp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 02:36 AM
  4. Vikes have the value to move up to #5
    By slinkey in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 01:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •