Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Since when is 6-4 250ish to small? Thats what he carried in college. Just because he dropped ten just to play ST's doesn't mean he can't put it back on and still play fast.

Jasper 6'1" 250ish
    Greenway 6'2" 240ish
    Because that is the positon I took and I am not changing it until he proves me wrong.

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Because that is the positon I took and I am not changing it until he proves me wrong.
    Didn't he prove you wrong just by being 6' 4" and 240ish?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I watched him pretty closely this year. When he wasn't forced up "Mugging" the line and started the play at his normal depth he got back just fine.

When he was up on the line and had to get back, then yes, he couldn't make up those extra steps but there aren't many that can.

Another benifit to some improvement in the middle at DL will allow him and the other LB'rs to play a bit further off the line, thus shortening their drops into their zones, thus making it look like they are better in coverage.

Another thing, when they were mugging, we were caught with our shorts down alot. Teams just threw at us into those zones that would be vacant without a LB in them. I think the D-coord started to figure that out a bit but was still limited by his DL play when it came to using his LBrs.
    You don't want to see what Cole can do at the Mike spot then?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    You don't want to see what Cole can do at the Mike spot then?
    Not if he's our best option, no.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Not if he's our best option, no.
    how do you know if he is the best option until you give him the opportunity to sjow what he can do. He was one of the best LBs in preseason last year.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    how do you know if he is the best option until you give him the opportunity to sjow what he can do. He was one of the best LBs in preseason last year.
    Whoopidy doo. Jackson was our best QB in preseason too.

A good preseason against third strings in the fourth quarters of games does not make you a good player. There's a reason he's ridden the pine all season. If he's such a great hidden talent, you'd think he would have made some plays. SHown the coaches he deserves to be out there. Linebackers get rotated fairly regularly, Cole was only activated for 5 games, has no statistical impact in the NFL whatsoever.

I'm all for giving him a chance, but we better have a backup plan.

Blog Entries
    Now stop that.

Blog Entries
    Honestly I meant to type slow instead of small but I will stick to what I said lol.

In all honesty I really like him.

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Henderson unlikely to return

We'll likely scrutinize Cole in the minicamps/OTA's. I really think there's an opportunity for him to force the HO to consider him as a legitimate contender for Erin's spot. He appears to have "playmaker" ability. I don't sweat his size at all.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Whoopidy doo. Jackson was our best QB in preseason too.

A good preseason against third strings in the fourth quarters of games does not make you a good player. There's a reason he's ridden the pine all season. If he's such a great hidden talent, you'd think he would have made some plays. SHown the coaches he deserves to be out there. Linebackers get rotated fairly regularly, Cole was only activated for 5 games, has no statistical impact in the NFL whatsoever.

I'm all for giving him a chance, but we better have a backup plan.
    That is why I want to see what he can do with the first team this preseason. What part of that offends you? Are you afraid to see if he has the talent to play in the league? I would rather see what he has with the first team and go from there. If he can't play why waste our time with him, cut him and draft someone who can play LB.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast