Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    For those that are remembering players....
    Ross Homan*|*Ohio State,*OLB*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
    (Bumped by UDFA Larry Dean)
    Audie Cole*|*North Carolina State,*ILB*:*2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

    Maybe the cat your all looking for is already on the roster? My guess Cole could be but I still look to the Vikes to pick a LB of some sort early the second day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cole is too small. Pretty much ST or nothing. Maybe Canada.

  3. #23
    Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    76

    Henderson unlikely to return

    Where did Pat play this year if he didn't want to play for us? I thought he retired. I also don't recall EJ making plays for anyone this year. They served us well in their prime. Erin may well join them. Ray Edwards, meh... We've got Robison & Griff.
    None

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Bingo....Had the ole "Those that have a clue spreadsheet out a bit today. Top shelf my friend, top shelf indeed.
    You really need to change the title of that spreadsheet from "Those that have a clue" to "Those that think like me".

    The original title is misleading & sometimes a false statement.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Cole is too small. Pretty much ST or nothing. Maybe Canada.
    Why is he too small? He is 6' 4'' and 240 lbs. Let's look at our starters, Brinkley is huge and should be just a two down backer. He is only 6' 1" but 252 lbs. then you have Greenway is 6' 2" and 242 lbs. and finally Henderson who is 6' 3" and 244. Let's look at Patrick Willis probably the best ILB in the game. He is 6' 1" and 240, so by your standards Patrick Willis should be in the Canadian Football league because he is too small. Afterall he is three inches shorter than Cole.

    Greenway has 2 lbs and Henderson 4 lbs on him. They are both shorter than he is and he is taller than Willis and the same weight. I liked what I saw from Cole last preseason, he was very instinctive, something I can't say about Brinkley. I hope he gets a fighting chance to start this preseason and see what we have in him. I like Brinkley but like I said he needs to come off the field on third down. Let's see what Cole can do!!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Cole is too small. Pretty much ST or nothing. Maybe Canada.
    Since when is 6-4 250ish to small? Thats what he carried in college. Just because he dropped ten just to play ST's doesn't mean he can't put it back on and still play fast.

    Jasper 6'1" 250ish
    Greenway 6'2" 240ish
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You really need to change the title of that spreadsheet from "Those that have a clue" to "Those that think like me".

    The original title is misleading & sometimes a false statement.
    No, your on the "Those that think like me" spreadsheet. Neither one of us is on the other.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Why is he too small? He is 6' 4'' and 240 lbs. Let's look at our starters, Brinkley is huge and should be just a two down backer. He is only 6' 1" but 252 lbs. then you have Greenway is 6' 2" and 242 lbs. and finally Henderson who is 6' 3" and 244. Let's look at Patrick Willis probably the best ILB in the game. He is 6' 1" and 240, so by your standards Patrick Willis should be in the Canadian Football league because he is too small. Afterall he is three inches shorter than Cole.

    Greenway has 2 lbs and Henderson 4 lbs on him. They are both shorter than he is and he is taller than Willis and the same weight. I liked what I saw from Cole last preseason, he was very instinctive, something I can't say about Brinkley. I hope he gets a fighting chance to start this preseason and see what we have in him. I like Brinkley but like I said he needs to come off the field on third down. Let's see what Cole can do!!
    I should have read this one first......I don't think many realize he dropped weight just to play ST's this year.

    As to Jasper. I think he is a every down player. Lets not forget, he is still learning. Next year, he will have benefited from the reps he had this year and that will alone help him play faster.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I should have read this one first......I don't think many realize he dropped weight just to play ST's this year.

    As to Jasper. I think he is a every down player. Lets not forget, he is still learning. Next year, he will have benefited from the reps he had this year and that will alone help him play faster.
    I hope so becasue he still seems lost and slow in coverage. He is very stiff in the hips and has trouble running with TE on the seam pass. We shall see, I still would like an open competition at the mike pos. this summer. If he beats out Cole so be it but I would like to see what Cole brings to the table with the first team.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I hope so becasue he still seems lost and slow in coverage. He is very stiff in the hips and has trouble running with TE on the seam pass. We shall see, I still would like an open competition at the mike pos. this summer. If he beats out Cole so be it but I would like to see what Cole brings to the table with the first team.
    I watched him pretty closely this year. When he wasn't forced up "Mugging" the line and started the play at his normal depth he got back just fine.

    When he was up on the line and had to get back, then yes, he couldn't make up those extra steps but there aren't many that can.

    Another benifit to some improvement in the middle at DL will allow him and the other LB'rs to play a bit further off the line, thus shortening their drops into their zones, thus making it look like they are better in coverage.

    Another thing, when they were mugging, we were caught with our shorts down alot. Teams just threw at us into those zones that would be vacant without a LB in them. I think the D-coord started to figure that out a bit but was still limited by his DL play when it came to using his LBrs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •