Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Henderson starts long road back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/15/henderson-starts-long-road-back/

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Henderson starts long road back

Good I hope you make it back my man!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Hope he has a speedy recovery, need to address this position in the offseason. EJ played 16 games in the last two seasons, makes me nervous having the defensive QB out for that many games.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Both Henderson and Griffin will be question marks coming back from those injuries.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

i hate to say this, and i really like EJ, but last year it looked like he lost a step. if this year, he plays and is not the same and gets injured for the year again, then im sorry to say this, but i think its time to part ways.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Minniman wrote:
    Both Henderson and Griffin will be question marks coming back from those injuries.
    Agree. Even if they do get back next year and are on the roster, they will not be 100% for about 18 months.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Sajid28 wrote:
    i hate to say this, and i really like EJ, but last year it looked like he lost a step. if this year, he plays and is not the same and gets injured for the year again, then im sorry to say this, but i think its time to part ways.
    I think the staff already figured that out last year and that is the reason they went out and got Jasper.

As you say, hard to say it, however, I would be sad to see him go, but cut bait and lets move on if he isn't gonna be a viable asset for any significant time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Flidais is offline Rookie

This is meant to be read with no hostility intended (I'm feeling hostile to my coworkers at the moment and I don't want it to leak into the question):

But would you guys be so quick to retire EJ if it had been his arm that he had broken versus his leg?

It was a horrible, gruesome injury to watch, to be sure, but based on quite a few things, like him rehabbing this early and expecting to be working out in May, as well as Erin mentioning that just days after the game he was bending his knee without much trouble, I really do think that this is just a broken bone. And the man is only 29 years old.

If it were a knee injury, I would agree that he's questionable at best, but I really do think he got lucky here with a broken bone and that changes quite a bit about his prognosis.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

I hope he does come back and is even stronger for it. He is a leader on the field and I for one can forgive him half a step becasue his brain is a step and a half up anyway
    Purple till i die

Flidais wrote:
    This is meant to be read with no hostility intended (I'm feeling hostile to my coworkers at the moment and I don't want it to leak into the question):

But would you guys be so quick to retire EJ if it had been his arm that he had broken versus his leg?

It was a horrible, gruesome injury to watch, to be sure, but based on quite a few things, like him rehabbing this early and expecting to be working out in May, as well as Erin mentioning that just days after the game he was bending his knee without much trouble, I really do think that this is just a broken bone. And the man is only 29 years old.

If it were a knee injury, I would agree that he's questionable at best, but I really do think he got lucky here with a broken bone and that changes quite a bit about his prognosis.
    It has nothing to do with us, but rather, everything to do with his recovery.

And if I was in charge and he didn't/wasn't gonna be back 100%, I'd have a plan b in place so that I could cut ties and move on with making sure the team stays solid at that position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast