Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    "TEN594" wrote:
    God Damnit!
    Contrary to popular opinion, God's last name is not damn.

    Real tough loss, not something to take lightly.
    Your toes are very integal in maintaining balance, pushing, even just walking can be a challenge.
    Very difficult to treat because, ideally you want to stay off of it for a period of time.
    Awful hard to do, especailly for a guy with pride.
    You want to go to the bathroom you have to stand up, causing you balance which places force on the injury.
    If you are very careful and avoid placing ANY weight on the injury, you double the strain on the other foot.
    Often enough you can cause a stress fracture and then you are up the proverbial creek without method of propulsion.

    I hope E.J. can get this fixed, rehab properly and be back next year with fire in his eyes.

  2. #22
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,312

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    This is fucking terrible news. I know the front line is good and there are leaders in the secondary ... but EJ was the leader of this defense. This really sucks.

  3. #23
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    God damnit.

  4. #24
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "TEN594" wrote:
    God Damnit!
    Contrary to popular opinion, God's last name is not damn.
    Oh great now you are going to tell me taht Jesus middle initial isn't H
    :P

  5. #25
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    Seriously, I want Dontarrious Thomas in shoulder pads practicing with the first team next week. We quickly go from one of the best run stopping teams to middle of the road without our defensive leader and Middle Linebacker. Dontarrious is a physical freak and already knows the system. It's beyond me why we cut him in the first place.

    On a related note, this would have been Farwell's chance to get first team reps. Injuries suck.

  6. #26
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Seriously, I want Dontarrious Thomas in shoulder pads practicing with the first team next week. We quickly go from one of the best run stopping teams to middle of the road without our defensive leader and Middle Linebacker. Dontarrious is a physical freak and already knows the system. It's beyond me why we cut him in the first place.

    On a related note, this would have been Farwell's chance to get first team reps. Injuries suck.

    We didn't
    cut
    Thomas, he was a free agent and choose to go elsewhere and couldn't make the team so should we really be interested in getting him when we got other young guys with potential?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  7. #27
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Seriously, I want Dontarrious Thomas in shoulder pads practicing with the first team next week. We quickly go from one of the best run stopping teams to middle of the road without our defensive leader and Middle Linebacker. Dontarrious is a physical freak and already knows the system. It's beyond me why we cut him in the first place.

    On a related note, this would have been Farwell's chance to get first team reps. Injuries suck.

    We didn't
    cut
    Thomas, he was a free agent and choose to go elsewhere and couldn't make the team so should we really be interested in getting him when we got other young guys with potential?
    Excuse me. I should have said "not retained."

    We don't have any backup LB's of Thomas's caliber here IMO. I don't see anything in David Herron and Erin Henderson probably needs another full year before he makes a start. Ciurciu is garbage.

  8. #28
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    Argh! There go's half of our run defense. this sucks a fat one.. Why have the injury bug hit the vikings? i guess they got tired of the browns...and came to the vikings.
    It hits everyone, so it's just part of the game. look at brady, or deuce mcallister, or the bengals defense last year.

    However, what IS our fault is the penalties and turnovers. PENALTIES. If we get those fixed, or o can put something together, and defense get rested.

    Time for Erin to step in big brother's shoes
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Seriously, I want Dontarrious Thomas in shoulder pads practicing with the first team next week. We quickly go from one of the best run stopping teams to middle of the road without our defensive leader and Middle Linebacker. Dontarrious is a physical freak and already knows the system. It's beyond me why we cut him in the first place.

    On a related note, this would have been Farwell's chance to get first team reps. Injuries suck.

    We didn't
    cut
    Thomas, he was a free agent and choose to go elsewhere and couldn't make the team so should we really be interested in getting him when we got other young guys with potential?
    yes.
    How did those youg guys with potential work out on offense?
    Allison's done next to nothing, Cooks pretty inconsistant, TJ was a complete waste of 2 years.
    Time to stop hoping some young guys with potential will ocme through when we need them and sign a vet who we know can execute.
    Thomas already knows the defense here, he knows his role and waht is expected of him, and is better than anyone we have right now to fill in.

  10. #30
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Henderson Placed On IR

    Childress better be using Erin Henderson. I have a good feeling about Erin stepping up in this game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. E.J henderson
    By hungryboy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 04:41 AM
  2. EJ Henderson
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 03:05 PM
  3. EJ Henderson
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:14 PM
  4. EJ Henderson is the man but why not YET here in Mi
    By vikoles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 03:42 AM
  5. E.J Henderson
    By MiamiViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 09:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •