Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87
  1. #81
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Anemic" wrote:
    I think Briggs would make an outstanding MLB.
    If you look at the stats, he actually has more solo tackles than Urlacher.
    Urlacher has more assists because, well, he's in the middle.
    He's closer to the play than Briggs on every play not going directly at Briggs.
    Well that and the Bears drop Urlacher into QB spy a lot, so he is usually even further off the ball looking for that int.

    I THINK he would be a great MLB too, but you never know. EJ Henderson seems to be able to find the ball and chase it no matter what but when he played MLB he seemed to have no ability to direct traffic. He seemed to play with less speed and his production dropped, thats the only reason I say it will be a question if they can transition smoothly.
    That's the thing about EJ.
    It took him a couple years at MD before he matured into the tackling machine he was at the end.
    I honestly believe the same thing is happening to him now and the full season at OLB will enable him to move into the middle and be the answer to the Vikes questions at that position.


    =Z=
    Well if your right then that's even better for us. Last time he tried he was very unimpressive. Hopefully he has matured and can carry the load.

  2. #82
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    Fletcher began his professional career with the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent. He spent four seasons with the Rams before joining the Buffalo Bills in 2002. He was a starting linebacker for the Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV, in which the Rams defeated the Titans 23-16.

    He has played in every single game over the last 8 seasons (128 games), collecting 674.0 tackles, 271 assists, 25.5 sacks, 7 interceptions (for 71 yards), 10 fumbles recovered and has returned kicks at an average of 15.7 yards per attempt (188 total kick return yards from 12 returns).


    The guy is durable, he is a superbowl champion, he can cover, he can lead, he is a feel good story: A) Because he went undrafted B) Because he changed his name to honor his grandfather who passed away.

    He is also friends with Pat Williams, so I think there is a possibility we could see the guy here next season.

  3. #83
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    I like the idea of fletcher.
    esp if he and phat pat are old friends and can work well 2gether. a signing like this can only help!! but then what do we do with Harris?
    keep him? slide him around?
    or flat out drop his arse?

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  4. #84
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    "digital420" wrote:
    I like the idea of fletcher.
    esp if he and phat pat are old friends and can work well 2gether. a signing like this can only help!! but then what do we do with Harris?
    keep him? slide him around?
    or flat out drop his arse?

    DiGiTaL
    Well he is a free agent. So you make him an offer that would suit a backup and if someone else wants him they will try and pick him up IMO. I have always been a supporter of EJ, and if we can only afford one there is no question in my mind you let Napo walk and never look back.

  5. #85
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    "Del" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    I like the idea of fletcher.
    esp if he and phat pat are old friends and can work well 2gether. a signing like this can only help!! but then what do we do with Harris?
    keep him? slide him around?
    or flat out drop his arse?

    DiGiTaL
    Well he is a free agent. So you make him an offer that would suit a backup and if someone else wants him they will try and pick him up IMO. I have always been a supporter of EJ, and if we can only afford one there is no question in my mind you let Napo walk and never look back.
    I have to agree.
    I think EJ is coming into his own now.
    He is getting better at coverage and his game is more solid.
    Napo was missed while he was out but that's because I don't think DT gets the MLB position.
    I wouldn't mind getting Fletcher.
    He's a seasoned vet that will only help with his experience and leadership.
    That's exactly what is needed.
    A vet with leadership abilities.

  6. #86
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    [size=13pt]Vikings: Harris and Henderson are part of solution[/size]

    Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin put his trust in the two holdover linebackers, and they have responded.

    By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: December 14, 2006 – 11:12 PM



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #87
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings: Harris and Henderson are part of solution[/size]

    Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin put his trust in the two holdover linebackers, and they have responded.

    By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: December 14, 2006 – 11:12 PM

    Read this article just a bit ago.
    Pretty good piece.
    I am all for the idea of re-signing and trying EJ again in the middle and letting Napo go if his price gets too high.
    Although, I'm not as convinced as some that Greenway will be an immediate star.
    I hope so - but he's got serious knee history now.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. Al Harris could be out for the season
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
  2. Al Harris got...
    By UndisputedVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 07:57 AM
  3. Napoleon Harris
    By napo58 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
  4. Napoleon Harris anyone?
    By GQVikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 01:30 AM
  5. Harris' Website
    By ADubya26 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •