Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Henderson, Harris on way out?

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I hope so, it has been too long for the Vikings without having a real force at MLB.

Lets turn this thing around.
    I think Napo has played much better than anyone thought he would and the LBs, in general, are having a strong season.

What are you talking about?

=Z=
    When I read the quote, I am thinking FORCE or SCHWARTZ in the MLB, not mini-me or medium-me out there.
    They are playing well, but it would be awesome to have a real force, one that carries a big schwartz to play that MLB position.
    I am talking about the guy that the media tauts as one of the best in the league (at this time).

I don't think we are going to aquire this kind of talent in FA, but you never know.
    Heck maybe Henderson is the next force inthe NFL??
    But I think that the real issue here is that the coaches don't see them as part of their plan.

Despite the unit's solid play, the Vikings apparently are content rolling the dice at the linebacker position next offseason. Cornerback Antoine Winfield, defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, safety Darren Sharper and cornerback Cedric Griffin are among the key defensive players locked up for 2007. But two of the starting linebackers, Harris and Henderson, are scheduled to be unrestricted free agents, and the Vikings did not make a strong push to re-sign either of them.

And unlike many other NFL teams, the Vikings aren't limited by the salary cap. In fact, the Vikings have enough room to craft respectable contracts for both players, which makes their idleness all the more surprising.
    We can go out and BUY BUY BUY if we want, but are we going to get anything of Value?

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

E.J.
    is the man... He just keeps getting better and better, and I don't see how our leading tackler is someone that gets moved out of the equation for next year? He was all over the field yesterday against the Lions.
    He is only going to get better, this is the best season he has had and he is playing in a completely different system... give him a year.
    Plus, Greenway whom many predicted to start almost immediately was forced to be a back up due to how well E.J was playing in practice and the preseason.
    Plus I don't see what EJ could not be doing what Napo did this year in the middle but better.
    He is built to be a middle linebacker, he just needs that fire that made him the Butkis award winner in college!

Plus like someone else said we ARE THE #1 rush defense in the LEAGUE. *actually i think since like 1970 something... i saw somewhere.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think the Vikes should resign EJ Henderson he has really started playing better this year after having a good second half last year.
    He is becoming a factor in almost every game I think he has proven his worth on the field, and I hope that we resign him.

If they resign Napo Harris I am fine with it, or if they go after somebody else in FA I am fine with that too.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I'd rather not have to start over with new players. I think THAT would be a mistake.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

I'm talking about a MLB that leads the team in tackles, a MLB that directs traffic and can actually cover down the field in the cover 2 something Napo cannot do.

In my book being better then we expected isn't good enough. MLB is arguably the most important position on defense. Our pass defense still sucks do in large part the inability of our lb's to cover.

Napo can blitz. I want a guy in the middle that can direct, has a nose for the ball, and cover. A real MLB that becomes the heart of a team. No more years of CB's leading our team in tackles.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I hope so, it has been too long for the Vikings without having a real force at MLB.

I think Napo has played much better than anyone thought he would and the LBs, in general, are having a strong season.

=Z=
    When I read the quote, I am thinking FORCE or SCHWARTZ in the MLB, not mini-me or medium-me out there.
    They are playing well, but it would be awesome to have a real force, one that carries a big schwartz to play that MLB position.
    I am talking about the guy that the media tauts as one of the best in the league (at this time).
    How many of those guys exist in the NFL?
    If Ray Lewis is the prototype (although he plays in a 3-4) and Urlacher is the epitome, who else is there?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I totally disagree with that article.. The LB crew here has been a very sound group all season long.. Leber has proved to be a great fit here in Minny, Harris has turned a complete 360 since coming here in the Moss trade, and Henderson is much better this season then the previous years..

If anything, we need to focus on the WR group, and the right side of the offensive line.. Keep those LB's together, they will get better as they play more together.. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick of rotating players every year..

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

=Z=
    How many of those guys exist in the NFL?
    If Ray Lewis is the prototype (although he plays in a 3-4) and Urlacher is the epitome, who else is there?

=Z=
    Almost every team in the league has a tackle leading dominant LB.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    EJ Henderson leads the team in tackles in spite of the 3, 4 & 5 WR sets teams are putting out there against them.
    Isn't that what you mean?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    EJ Henderson leads the team in tackles in spite of the 3, 4 & 5 WR sets teams are putting out there against them.
    Isn't that what you mean?

=Z=
    Yes Ej Henderson has a nose for the ball and has prooven he is not a very good MLB. He has also prooven he cannot pass defend.

I am talking about MLB's. The hint that gives away that I was talking about a MLB is the fact I included the letters MLB in my initial post.

Just a quick glance at the AFC East

Bills LONDON FLETCHER BAKER 121 tackles, MLB
    Dolphins Zach Thomas 123 tackles, MLB
    Patriots Teddy Bruschi 91 Tackles LIB (3-4 defense)
    Jets Jonathan Vilma 97 Tackles MLB

This isn't just this season this has been going on for the last 5 or so years. The Vikings do not have now nor have they had in the recent past a quality MLB. Every single one of these guys I listed are great tacklers, team icons, and good pass defenders.

Being better then last year and exceeding fans expectations is not enough to play MLB. I hope they address the issue this season.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast