Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "briannord" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    Who does the Vikings have for backup LBs?
    I read somewhere that Erin isn't a lock for a roster spot, but has the best chance of all the other undrafted rookie free agents, due to lack of depth at linebacker.

    While it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were cut, I just don't see it happening, again, due to the minimal depth the Vikes have at LB.
    I know that Rufus Alexander is supposed to be a stud.
    Who knows whether thats true or not its just the talk around the board.
    And we also have Heath Farwell who we know is a stud on special teams.
    No way he gets replaced.


    Other than those 2 and the starters theres no one that sticks out in my mind.
    Is i think about it... are special teams are gonna be fuckin good.... Farwell is a stud on special teams, tyrell johnson is gonna be a stud on ST, erin and rufus are gonna be studs, winfield is a stud! and who ever else play on ST they are gonna be studs!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "IwearSox21" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    [quote author=Eyedea link=topic=45153.msg782654#msg782654 date=1211477055]
    [quote author=HEY link=topic=45153.msg782651#msg782651 date=1211476634]
    I'm so glad we got Erin, I simply couldn't understand why we didn't draft him, but I'm glad nobody else did (since we didn't have to spend any picks on him
    ;D)
    I think he could be a major steal if he stays healthy.

    Vikes' starting LBs in 2010:













    Chad Greenway




    E.J Henderson




    Erin Henderson
    Garland, you mean people like these?

    Please, Erin Henderson won't be a starter unless atleast 2 linebackers get hurt....
    Yes, people like me who knows the great potentials Erin Henderson has.
    :P

    PLEASE PLEASE! Erin Henderson is a beast (just like his brother) and if he stays healthy then trust me, he'll be a starter in the near future. Who do you think is a better backup by the way? Farwell? Vinny? Pope? LOL! they don't even value as a good backup.

    I'll say Erin will take Leber's place at LOLB in 2 years from now (IF he stays healthy)
    If he stays healthy.
    Big if.
    Not to mention he redshirted 2 out of his 4 years at college.
    Whats up with that beast?
    ;D
    I would def take Erin over all our backups. Vinny Ciurcui and Heath Farwell are there for special teams, and pope is decent. But what about Rufus i think he could push for a spot.
    WE haven't even seen the guy play at this level... i don't think you can say that at this point... by the way welcome.. post often!!
    [/quote]

    It could end up being a "money" decision...if these guys are fairly even, look for the highest paid veteran to get cut.
    [/quote]

    I understand what you're saying and it makes some sense, but I don't think that's how it's going to go.
    There's not enough money involved for the owner to care, and I think the coaches are looking entirely at talent level.
    Financial cuts are made before camp (I think).

    "briannord" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    Who does the Vikings have for backup LBs?
    I read somewhere that Erin isn't a lock for a roster spot, but has the best chance of all the other undrafted rookie free agents, due to lack of depth at linebacker.

    While it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were cut, I just don't see it happening, again, due to the minimal depth the Vikes have at LB.
    I know that Rufus Alexander is supposed to be a stud.
    Who knows whether thats true or not its just the talk around the board.
    And we also have Heath Farwell who we know is a stud on special teams.
    No way he gets replaced.


    Other than those 2 and the starters theres no one that sticks out in my mind.
    I agree completely on Farwell.
    I just can't see him getting replaced based on his contributions to the special teams the past few years (Special Teams MVP in 2006 and 2007).
    Everyone else competing for a backup spot I see having an even shot based on how they play in camp.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  3. #23
    delviking's Avatar
    delviking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    cumming GA
    Posts
    233

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    i agree with Farwell being the only sure spot holder for the backup LB position the other two are all up to grabs from what i've seen so the best two linebackers will win those spots
    unless we find another DT among them who can play all three spots and leave the other as a ST stud backer again.

  4. #24
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    it's soooo far to early to make judgement calls on these guys.

    Farwell is a sure spot, no matter how things go. unless he's injured he's on the roster.

    for the rest. I'd say Rufus has a clear cut headstart, and Vinny.. could become a ST standout.

    not sure if pope has solid shot or not.. need to read into that more.

    Leman/Erin are going to be battling. either they might be slid over to the practice squad. i like the brother combination as it gives a real connection to the D and could cause lots of good things. but if he's gonna earn the spot on the team. it'll be because he deserves it, has worked his can off for it, and really picked up all the info being tossed at him. as far as the str8 up rookies. he's got help cause of EJ being here and knowing what's goin on and what erin is gonna need to stay on the team.

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  5. #25
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm so glad we got Erin, I simply couldn't understand why we didn't draft him, but I'm glad nobody else did (since we didn't have to spend any picks on him

    ;D)
    I think he could be a major steal if he stays healthy.

    Vikes' starting LBs in 2010:













    Chad Greenway





    E.J Henderson





    Erin Henderson
    Garland, you mean people like these?

    Please, Erin Henderson won't be a starter unless atleast 2 linebackers get hurt....
    Yeah.
    I do not think he is going to beat out Ben Leber for a starting LB position.

  6. #26
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm so glad we got Erin, I simply couldn't understand why we didn't draft him, but I'm glad nobody else did (since we didn't have to spend any picks on him
    ;D)
    I think he could be a major steal if he stays healthy.

    Vikes' starting LBs in 2010:













    Chad Greenway




    E.J Henderson




    Erin Henderson
    Garland, you mean people like these?

    Please, Erin Henderson won't be a starter unless atleast 2 linebackers get hurt....
    Yeah.
    I do not think he is going to beat out Ben Leber for a starting LB position.
    by 2010 things could look like this.. not sure how long we can keep loads of talent on the roster.. if we end up 5 studly lb's after this year.. i'm sure one of them will be traidbait.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  7. #27
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    How come you never hear stories of brothers who totally hate each other, but still are forced to play on the same team?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #28
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "V" wrote:
    How come you never hear stories of brothers who totally hate each other, but still are forced to play on the same team?
    You could always make one up. Hell, it would still be as true as half of the stuff that gets posted here and would at least have a chance of being more entertaining.

  9. #29
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    How come you never hear stories of brothers who totally hate each other, but still are forced to play on the same team?
    You could always make one up. Hell, it would still be as true as half of the stuff that gets posted here and would at least have a chance of being more entertaining.
    More entertaining than a guy who thinks Erin Henderson will be starting for us in 2010?

    I doubt it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #30
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The Henderson brothers

    "Overlord" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "IwearSox21" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=HEY link=topic=45153.msg782706#msg782706 date=1211482481]
    [quote author=Eyedea link=topic=45153.msg782654#msg782654 date=1211477055]
    [quote author=HEY link=topic=45153.msg782651#msg782651 date=1211476634]
    I'm so glad we got Erin, I simply couldn't understand why we didn't draft him, but I'm glad nobody else did (since we didn't have to spend any picks on him

    ;D)
    I think he could be a major steal if he stays healthy.

    Vikes' starting LBs in 2010:













    Chad Greenway





    E.J Henderson





    Erin Henderson
    Garland, you mean people like these?

    Please, Erin Henderson won't be a starter unless atleast 2 linebackers get hurt....
    Yes, people like me who knows the great potentials Erin Henderson has.

    :P

    PLEASE PLEASE! Erin Henderson is a beast (just like his brother) and if he stays healthy then trust me, he'll be a starter in the near future. Who do you think is a better backup by the way? Farwell? Vinny? Pope? LOL! they don't even value as a good backup.

    I'll say Erin will take Leber's place at LOLB in 2 years from now (IF he stays healthy)
    If he stays healthy.
    Big if.
    Not to mention he redshirted 2 out of his 4 years at college.
    Whats up with that beast?

    ;D
    I would def take Erin over all our backups. Vinny Ciurcui and Heath Farwell are there for special teams, and pope is decent. But what about Rufus i think he could push for a spot.
    WE haven't even seen the guy play at this level... i don't think you can say that at this point... by the way welcome.. post often!!
    [/quote]

    It could end up being a "money" decision...if these guys are fairly even, look for the highest paid veteran to get cut.
    [/quote]

    I understand what you're saying and it makes some sense, but I don't think that's how it's going to go.
    There's not enough money involved for the owner to care, and I think the coaches are looking entirely at talent level.
    Financial cuts are made before camp (I think).

    "briannord" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    Who does the Vikings have for backup LBs?
    I read somewhere that Erin isn't a lock for a roster spot, but has the best chance of all the other undrafted rookie free agents, due to lack of depth at linebacker.

    While it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were cut, I just don't see it happening, again, due to the minimal depth the Vikes have at LB.
    I know that Rufus Alexander is supposed to be a stud.
    Who knows whether thats true or not its just the talk around the board.
    And we also have Heath Farwell who we know is a stud on special teams.
    No way he gets replaced.


    Other than those 2 and the starters theres no one that sticks out in my mind.
    I agree completely on Farwell.
    I just can't see him getting replaced based on his contributions to the special teams the past few years (Special Teams MVP in 2006 and 2007).
    Everyone else competing for a backup spot I see having an even shot based on how they play in camp.

    [/quote]

    I meant if all other things are equal.
    I could see Pope being let go in favor of keeping Henderson.
    So, the "money" would only be the tipping point, not the initial decider.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hello Vikings brothers!
    By CalebZachary in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 09:52 PM
  2. Vikings might wind up with Henderson brothers at 'backer
    By Billy Boy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
  3. Any Fraternity Brothers out there?
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 08:30 AM
  4. The Hanson Brothers
    By vikingivan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
  5. Need some Help from my PP brothers!
    By BigEasyViking in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 06:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •