Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Help Design My Vikings Tailgating Vehicle!

i dont really have much for ideas =\ just know i like the ones i've seen around here, the one some of you might have seen would be the purplepride van or something like that, with a big beefy viking guy choking a scrawny packer in the windows of the back of the van, its one of those full size older vans

other than that theres a really nice bus, like the size of a mobility bus, im pretty sure its used for training camp or something.. its a purple van with the viking horns going down the sides of it

theres also a greenbay pickup truck =\ i've sadly had to help the guy where i worked, i tried to make someone else do it, but they know how much i like the vikes so made me =( lol

either way! i'll be looking forward to pictures

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

TheCol is offline Rookie

Under MN driving laws, Amber/Yellow lights are ok to use on a work auto. If going with inside lights, why not make them prup & gold. It seams that most any lights can be used when parked as long as they are not on while driving.

Details pop into my head no matter what type of rig you go with. . .

Door handles shaped like the viks horn.

Viks horn covering the top side of the windshield wipers.

Maybe a Viking or Ragnar for the hood ornament, or even a working tap for the hood ornament.

Viks Helmet covering the hubcaps. Maybe get some of those cheap Wal-Mart spinner hubcaps and put a viks helmet sticker on them.

CB Radio that has the pa speaker option, Gotta have a small pa speaker for those battle crys.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

A picture of Rag on his harley with some lightning and the norseman on the top of the car or vice versa. But whatever you do i would purchase the vehicle from the south, you dont want any vehicle that is rusted or has any sign of soon to be rusting. Dont go with decals, go with a custom paint job so it all blends together nicely. If you go with a paint job then figure out what kind of vehicle you want and go get a estimate for the paint job on that size/type of vehicle. If your on a budget then in my opinion i would get a cheaper style vehicle so i could afford a killer paint job.

"RK." wrote:
    The only vehicle that has a "Tailgate" is a truck. :razz: If it were me I think I would go for the truck with BBQ and Keg in the back done in the appropriate colors with the horn logo on the door and the Viking on the engine hood and some cheese wedges looking like they were just run over in the dust behind the wheel wells. :smile:
    Not true if unless you are considering suv's as a truck. My 4runner's back window rolls down then it unlatches to fold down exactlly like a tailgate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Lots of good ideas so far!

I have found a gallery of some of the more popular Vikings Tailgating Vehicles out there. Some of the look rather amateurish, some of them look pretty good. I will definitely be going the professional paint job route instead of decals, and I love packer bashing ideas.

Use these to spur your ideas on and keep posting. I will probably start the poll in about a week so PP.O can vote on their favorite design/idea.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12677

Keep 'em coming!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

The Purple Dodge is a good basic starter! Cool looking, and room for the stuff. Some of the other suggestions here would make it even better!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

TheCol is offline Rookie

I wonder how good that beer tasted coming from that van's tap with all that exhaust floating up into the pour spout.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Personaly, I would start out with this as the base unit, paint it purple and gold and add a grill and cooler........Hell hang a handicap flag on the back and you might even get sideline passes.....You'de never have to miss a play.....LMAO

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:

Personaly, I would start out with this as the base unit, paint it purple and gold and add a grill and cooler........Hell hang a handicap flag on the back and you might even get sideline passes.....You'de never have to miss a play.....LMAO
    Tell that to the fella that Randy used to hand touchdown passes to. Picking on the handicapped is bullshit. what the fuck is all i can say Ned?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

Tell that to the fella that Randy used to hand touchdown passes to. Picking on the handicapped is kaka del toro. what the F!!ck is all i can say Ned?
    If you knew me, you'd know I'm not the type of person to make fun of anyone....Just that it's a fact that some stadiums will cater to the handicap with wheelchairs, with better viewing areas and sideline sections to stay in......I think they should be offered that service....

I geuss it just came out the wrong way, but not bustin on handicap people at all....Just a joke for a tailgate vehical, toilet, grill, cooler, good viewing access all in one........

Sorry if it came across the wrong way to you....

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast