Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Help Design My Vikings Tailgating Vehicle!

I have always wanted to put together a tailgating vehicle for Vikings games. The other day, I cautiously tested the waters with my wife, and suggested that now would be a good time to start putting together some ideas. My goal is to have it completed in time for the new stadium opening.

To my surprise, she said OK! :shock:

The first step is putting together a design. After seeing some of the new uniform concept art that floated around this site a couple months ago, I have come to realize that there are people in the PP.O community who are infinitely more creative than I when it comes to graphic design! So I thought I would involve all of you in the process.

Post your ideas on what I should do for a tailgating vehicle. Below are a couple of the suggestions I have already received as well as my comments (in italics) to give you an idea of what I am looking for. I want something that is unmistakably Vikings, and timeless enough that I won’t have to change paint jobs every couple of years (this is an expensive enough project already :wink.

1) Economy sized hatch back (Ex: Mini Cooper) painted to look like a Vikings helmet. Interesting, and definitely something I haven’t seen before…
    2) Four door sedan painted to look like a unmarked police car, but with Vikings colors and amber/yellow lights for legal reasons. Call it the Purple Pride Patrol or something. Oooooh, I like this one. I would have to look into the legality of having amber lights, even if they are inside like an unmarked car…

After I have a good selection of ideas, I will put it into a poll and let the PP.O vote on it. Whatever you decide, I will build! I think I can work out some kind of prize for the designs that finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd too. If you want to post some concept art for your ideas, feel free. Please keep in mind with your designs that I don’t want to have to sell a kidney to pay for it. Good Luck!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Help Design My Vikings Tailgating Vehicle!

Get frame of old car or truck and have custom body made in fiberglass in the shape of a helmet (painted to match the Vikings helmet of course) with a windshield in the shape of the visor that many players wear. THAT would be the ultimate!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

here in Idaho there is a Viking fan that drives around in a little Subaru (4 door) that was just decked out in purple and gold!! gold rims, gold mirrors, purple front end, and purple back end!!! Its not too creative but it is an awesome car!!!! i like the Mini Cooper idea!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Get frame of old car or truck and have custom body made in fiberglass in the shape of a helmet (painted to match the Vikings helmet of course) with a windshield in the shape of the visor that many players wear. THAT would be the ultimate!!!
    OK, that would be the ultimate, but again, I don't want to have to sell any major body parts in order to be able to finance this. :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Fix up an old VW microbus, and paint it up with a "purple haze" theme. Then you have room for the grill, food and beverages, as well as room for any extra revelers.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

I'd personaly go with a miniwini and pait it purple and gold. I would not be so hung up on the out side appearance as I would with what you have inside, or atachable to the outside while tailgaiting.

1) Purple awning.
    2) A grill that can be hitched up to the back for cooking all the goodies before the game - plus you can use the propane tanks for the camper.
    3) An extra large holding tank for the toilet. Everyone will want to use it.
    4) Now to dream - A 60inch plazma screen tv on the outside with sundayticket so you can watch the pregame shows with out having to watch foxsports and Terry Bradshaw. :tongue:
    5) A refriderator that opens on both the inside and outside of the camper so you can retrive your favorite beverage.
    6) A platform/dancefloor on the top so you can sit up top like they do at nascar races.
    7) Last but not least, a flag pole to fly the Vikings flag and Old Glory. ccasion8:
    I.B.O.T. #213

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

When you take it to the first game and an opposing fan gets a little mouthy (hopefully a Packer fan) use him to paint it red...if you know what I mean. :wink:

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The only vehicle that has a "Tailgate" is a truck. :razz: If it were me I think I would go for the truck with BBQ and Keg in the back done in the appropriate colors with the horn logo on the door and the Viking on the engine hood and some cheese wedges looking like they were just run over in the dust behind the wheel wells. :smile:

WWBGD

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"RK." wrote:
    The only vehicle that has a "Tailgate" is a truck. :razz: If it were me I think I would go for the truck with BBQ and Keg in the back done in the appropriate colors with the horn logo on the door and the Viking on the engine hood and some cheese wedges looking like they were just run over in the dust behind the wheel wells. :smile:
    Oh, I like the paint job on this one! But this can be done with any mini van type vehicle. The inside needs to be decked out to hold tailgating supplies in easy reach. Don't want to be crawling around inside looking for the burgers, gumbo, or ketchup! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    That would be tottally BA

My parents back in the 80's ( scary to think about ) Took an motorhome, gave it to a guy to paint all bears colors. I have seen pic's of it. It looked pretty awesome with orange and blue everywhere (awesome except for that part). They sold it because they had me and couldn't go to the games like they used to.

I think that would be a good way without COMPLETLEY breaking the bank!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast