Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello vikings

silvermane is offline Rookie

hello vikings

sorry i didn't show up on this board for our first game...well ok i'm not that sorry...anyway i just thought i'd drop by and tell you all how miserable
    i am right now, since the sight of that f*cking moron matt millen on my tv screen gets my blood pressure up, and since the ford family doesn't seem to be aware that they own an nfl franchise...right now i'd take al davis as an owner over the fords...there i said it!!! as for our coach, right now the word is mike martz, although i am loath to believe he will be any help to harrington. still he might improve our passing game and take advantage of all the receivers millen has mysteriously been drafting. some have also said the lions will make a move for herm edwards...i'd love to have him but i don't think it will happen.

on to this sunday's game...vikes vs lions...there is too much infighting in the lions locker room going on right now for them to be considered in this game. dre bly, our biggest play maker on defense, publicly disrespects harrington, joining a long list of detroit radio talk show hosts in doing so...kevin jones has said he has no confidence in the lions offense and refuses to comment on their schemes...and why would he have any more faith in jauron than he would in mooch? charlie rogers...between the injuries and the substance abuse, he almost reminds me of onterrio smith, minus the whizzinator...sorry couldn't resist that one.

on defense, our talented linebacking corps is decimated by injuries...lehman is out for the season, bailey has a nagging ankle injury, holmes is doubtful, and alex lewis is also done for the season...besides having a confidence-in-the-offense injury, dre bly also has a wrist injury...

so in review, our offense is in disarray, our defense is underachieving and injured, and now mooch, who a lot of guys on the team really liked playing for, is gone.

oh yeah, and we haven't beaten the vikings since i can't even remember.

no secret who will win this game.

sorry if i disappointed anyone by not talking smack. just not in the mood!

the plague of millen continues....

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: hello vikings

Welcome back Silvermane .... everyone has been missing ya.

I think most of us agree .... Millen is your curse alot like Tice is for us!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

cheer up ...your lions will be there once again and good luck to them the rest of the way...as a viking fan i feel for you i do...since barry its been down hill...gl to you and your team and i am sorry

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hey Silver, not much to talk about this year.

I see your Lions as a good team if they would draft somebody other than a WR and get a QB.

If you guys ever got a good QB, I think you would have a team to reckon with.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Oh by the way, just to help out the last time the lions beat the vikes was:

Week 14 2001 De-Toilet won against the Vikes 27-24.

silvermane is offline Rookie

thanks! i've been a fan long enough to know when to get my hopes up though...

i forgot to mention one of the worst parts about this season...the bears lead the division. the bears!!! if the packers win the division, i sulk. if the vikings win it, i piss and moan. but if the bears win it, i throw a raging fit.

looking forward to next year!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

yo Silver what's up man I didn't know about the locker room fighting but could kind of sense it I mean the O-line looked like they never blocked for Joey H. I am from the west and we would see Joey play every weekend. We even would call him Joey Heisman. But you are right Millen needs to be fired as well
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Here's my opinion of the Lions.

The Thanksgiving game has become a crutch. No matter how bad the season is for the Lions, the fans can always say, "We've got the Thanksgiving game." It's different for the Cowboys because they've been in 8 Super Bowls and won 5.

Yeah, Millen hasn't worked out well, at least not yet. I think though that the Lions would actually get better, because they would need to, if they gave up the Thanksgiving game. Kind of like cutting welfare helps the poor if jobs are available.

I have spoken bluntly, but I actually would like to see the Lions become a contender, but still lose to the Vikings all the time.

This is a trap game for the Vikes. The Lions are playing for their individual careers now. No job on the team is safe. Everybody needs to perform now. Meanwhile the Vikings in this circumstance always take their opponents lightly. I hope Tice instills the discipline to overcome that, in this game and in others.

Go Vikings!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"silvermane" wrote:

sorry if i disappointed anyone by not talking smack. just not in the mood!

the plague of millen continues....
    Long time no see silvermane. Welcome back. :smile: It seems to me that you smack talked the Lions pretty good there. :smile: We all know here what it is to have a lousy owner. Are they thinking of selling the Lions? I hope we can hand it to the Bears this year as well. They really are insufferable when they win. Yes I am old enough to remember that. :lol:

WWBGD

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

wow already writing your team off? ouch. i would never ever do that no matter how little hope there was. you gotta stay strong till the very end my man! i want you to cheer hard for your favorite team this weekend because you never know, they might surprise you (well not this week, but you get my point).
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast