Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Heavy expectations for Nate Burleson

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8630245

Minnesota Vikings, Nate Burleson, receiver: When Randy Moss missed time last season, Burelson played well. But that was in a temporary role. With Moss traded to the Raiders, it's time for Burleson to step up and become the go-to guy for Daunte Culpepper. Burleson had nine touchdowns last year, so he can make big plays. It's another step up, though, when teams know you're the No.1 receiver. The key will be how well Burleson handles that pressure. Replacing Moss is impossible. But Burleson has to come close.

According to CBS.sportsline.com, our offense is in many ways going to run through Nate.

In related news, my friend Paul who's a Raiders fan (but lives in Minn, oddly enough) was at the fishing tournament, and apparently Moss gave Nate some words of wisdom and wished him and Bennett luck in bringing a Super Bowl to Minnesota.

I'm praying for Nate, apparently Randy is too, but what do you guys think? Can he handle it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Re: Heavy expectations for Nate Burleson

i think he can itll be a couple weeks into the year b4 he has some graet games but he will be fine hes got culpep and hopefully bennet thats awesome that randy said taht
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

I think he can. It will take him two or three games to get in the swagger (is that even a word?) of things. I have a feeling he will be great under pressure though.I hope Williamson will peform under pressure as well.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think he will have a decent season.. I believe he won't be able to handle going against number 1 corners all season long.. Just a hunch.. Nothing against him he is a great player.. I wish him the best of luck and it's a good season we have some weapons on the O

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

We went from having 1 great reciever and 2 pretty good ones to having 4 pretty good recivers, and with Culpeppers new style of short passes it is more complimentary to Culpepper's style of play....so I think we'll do better! Burleson won't have great numbers cuz the ball will get spread around....but his numbers will still be pretty good....like his numbers this year give and take a few TDs or yards....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

vikings - moss = nate the great!

Go vikes!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    I think he can. It will take him two or three games to get in the swagger (is that even a word?) of things. I have a feeling he will be great under pressure though.I hope Williamson will peform under pressure as well.
    Yes, swagger is a word, but your usage is wrong...get in the swing of things would be a better turn of phrase to use here (sorry for the grammar lesson, but we all have got to make each other better for when the Packer troll come around during the regular season...this is OUR training camp...work hard guys)!

Burleson can handle the pressure...he will have good numbers...and so will the rest of the WRs. Eventually, he will be the Cris Carter to Williamson's Randy Moss...maybe not quite as good, but plenty good enough to put up enough points (coupled with our improved defense) to win a Super Bowl or two!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SJHILL is offline Starter

I'm looking forward to what Burly can do. He isn't as explosive as Moss, but he can do fine. I wouldn't except him to be a superstar, but if he can get enough receptions the team will be fine.

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

It's in the bag!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think Burly will be very good. You don't have to be an explosive, big play reciever to be great. You don't have to be Moss or TO....just look at Cris Carter. He was an all around awesome reciever, he wasn't necessarily just a deep threat or just a possession guy. Nate is no Carter (yet) but I t hink he's cut out of a similar mold.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast