Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikesSince74 is offline Waterboy

Heartbreaker.........

Though I don't post often here, I do stop in almost every day to read the threads.

This game was a heart breaker................... We beat the Ain'ts in every aspect except turnovers, there we beat ourselves. Like my user name says, I've been a fan of this franchise for 36 years. And for 36 years it's always the same old story, heartbreak.....

It's sad to know that professional football is going the way of professional baseball, we don't have dynasties anymore so the chances of a repeat season like we had this year is unlikely.

I wish I would have participated more in the discussions here, as you all seem like a good bunch of folks. But I'm done, 36 years of let down have me to the point of not caring about this franchise any more. I've spent thousands of dollars buying licensed merchandise over the years, and for what?!? Another let down after high expectations.......

The franchise seems to do this every time they have the best team in the league, and this years team was the best, period. But they always blow it in the big one. Maybe if the NFL wasn't going the way of baseball, I could stick it out forever. But I can't........ 0 and 4 in the big one has become too much to swallow any more. One win, just one win, could have set this right. I have no doubt that the Colts will blow the Ain'ts away, and I have no doubts we could have beaten them in the Super Bowl.

Well that's it folks, I had to vent, but I'm done wasting my time supporting this franchise and getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks one....more....time.

Flame away, I don't care anymore..........

Re:Heartbreaker.........

A lot of us expect them to do this. I thought we would probably blow it tonight or in the Super Bowl but I wouldn't have imagined all the fumbling.

Just have a beer or 12 and you'll feel a lot better...and then a lot worse.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Heartbreaker.........

how are we going the way of baseball?

Salary cap = Good for sports

Baseball: Buy a championship. Funny that the richest teams also have the most rings

NFL: any team can win it if they make good signings. A rich owner doesn't = a great team
    Baseball: Team with the most money, often will go far.

I'm not going to flame, as its only 2 hours after the loss. You'll be back, we both know it. Ther was about 30 seconds where I thought "fuck this team" But then I came to my senses.

You've been a fan for 36 years, I've only been a fan for about 10. This is really the first NFCC I was a big fan for, and it was crushing. I want nothing more than to see the Vikes in a superbowl, I just hope it can happen in my life.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I want nothing more than to see the Vikes in a superbowl, I just hope it can happen in my life.
    I've never seen it in mine, one that they won anyway.........

VikesSince74 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I want nothing more than to see the Vikes in a superbowl, I just hope it can happen in my life.
    I've never seen it in mine, one that they won anyway.........
    I did. In madden. it was awesome.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Iwhen I saw CT break off that run I was actually dumb and naive enough to think for a second that we might actually do it.

I hate the vikings. Why do we even bother rooting for this team???? Why of all the teams did my dad have to become a Vikings fan....
    None

At least we don't have to watch them choke the Super Bowl away.....
    None

VikesSince74 wrote:
    Though I don't post often here, I do stop in almost every day to read the threads.

This game was a heart breaker................... We beat the Ain'ts in every aspect except turnovers, there we beat ourselves. Like my user name says, I've been a fan of this franchise for 36 years. And for 36 years it's always the same old story, heartbreak.....

It's sad to know that professional football is going the way of professional baseball, we don't have dynasties anymore so the chances of a repeat season like we had this year is unlikely.

I wish I would have participated more in the discussions here, as you all seem like a good bunch of folks. But I'm done, 36 years of let down have me to the point of not caring about this franchise any more. I've spent thousands of dollars buying licensed merchandise over the years, and for what?!? Another let down after high expectations.......

The franchise seems to do this every time they have the best team in the league, and this years team was the best, period. But they always blow it in the big one. Maybe if the NFL wasn't going the way of baseball, I could stick it out forever. But I can't........ 0 and 4 in the big one has become too much to swallow any more. One win, just one win, could have set this right. I have no doubt that the Colts will blow the Ain'ts away, and I have no doubts we could have beaten them in the Super Bowl.

Well that's it folks, I had to vent, but I'm done wasting my time supporting this franchise and getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks one....more....time.

Flame away, I don't care anymore..........
    I don't blame you man. We choke EVERY time.This was an EPIC choke. It's really unbelievable. A person can only be letdown so many times before they reach the breaking point. I anm truly convinced that this team will never ever ever NEVER win one. It sucks.
    None

feels like getting kicked in the balls

DiehardVikesFan wrote:
    feels like getting kicked in the balls
    Now imagine 36 years of that........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast