Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Heart!

I agree with putting Brad in, I was one of the leading homers for Daunte before the season started, but he is going backwards this year. Its obvious there is nobody on the vikings coaching staff that can get Daunte's head straightened out, so put Brad in. I wish they would have done it at halftime at the Atlanta game, there were plays to be made, and Daunte simply didn't make them. One or two completions that keep a drive alive can change the whole momentum and mentality of the game. Heck, Brad might have even been able to finish one of the drives.

I'm not saying Brad is a long term solution, but I do think he could be effective in showing Daunte that you can still engineer scoring drives with all of the offensive line problems. Some times Daunte is sitting in the pocket for what seems like an eternity, either his guys are that well covered or he has lost confidence to make the throw. Daunte never showed me one glimpse of a qb that thought he could get his team back in the game. The only time I saw a slight bit of confidence from Daunte was on the final touchdown drive, but then the game is over, defense is loose, pressure is off. If Daunte doesn't come out swinging, he has shown very poor ability to recover during a game, that is why I think you need to take him out and put the backup in who has little to no pressure and show Duante the way.

But then again, when has Tice ever made a smart decision.

Very frustrating to watch.

Del Rio Guest

No they won't bench Culpepper coming out of the bye week. The Bears have a very solid defense and I suspect if Culpepper starts getting tunnel vision and butter fingers they should replace him during the game.

I'm not talking an all year benching unless of course Brad gets it done, if he does then Pepper can sit on the shelf for all I care.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

there is no way in heck you can bench pepper. he would have to seriously **** the bed for him to be on the bench. johnson is just some insurance incase he gets hurt. is it all peppers fault? i dont think so. some of the blame needs to go to him, but not all. all of the 3 units suck, not just his.
    We're bringing purple back.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"gregair13" wrote:
    there is no way in heck you can bench pepper. he would have to seriously **** the bed for him to be on the bench. johnson is just some insurance incase he gets hurt. is it all peppers fault? i dont think so. some of the blame needs to go to him, but not all. all of the 3 units suck, not just his.
    If you have huevos as a head coach you can bench your star player. There is no way I'm pinning all the vikings problems on Daunte, I just think they need some kind of spark, especially when the games are turning to sh*t, and Daunte retreats in his little shell. The rest of the team might come on a bit if they see some good play by the offense. Sure start Culpepper after the bye week, but if he doesn't come out swinging, but Brad in an see if he can get something going. Brad may not have the tools of Daunte, but mentally he is in a much better place.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

They should have put Brad in before the first half ended, I could not have been the only one that knew that C-pep did not have it yesterday, he was scared and could not make decisions yesterday!

Tice should have had the balls to tell him to sit down, and get his sh*t together! He was not playing well, and it is not just his knee injury because as far as I know that does not affect your brain.

First and foremost in the NFL is winning!

We still had a chance in the game when Vick went out in the second quarter. We were down 14-0, the defense had finally stopped them the series that Vick got hurt. Daunte lead us on a 3-out, we could have taken the momentum away from the Falcons and we did nothing. I would have benched him after that series, and brought in Johnson! Not that Brad is out savior, but you have to try and win!

I would have started Daunte the next game, and hopefully it would have made a point that he has to play better (which he is very capable of doing)!

But taking him out with the way he is playing would not have been a sin!!

I have been supporting Daunte against people that do not like Daunte, and I will not give up on him! But you can tell when a player is not in the game, and he was not!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would have to disagree. Culpepper is not the lone reason why we are sucking. He has had absolutely no protection and no run support this season. Do you people really think that Brad Johnson is going to be able to do better in the situations than cpep? I would have to put my money on Daunte.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Yeah, let Brad try to take 9 sacks this game. 7 sacks last game. I started watching...seems CPep usually had 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Brad is a sharp passer. But this isn't a west coast offense. He would be carted off the field in no time flat. And he isn't a BETTER QB. Just a different one. If its a different one, it has to be better, right?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Nike Commercial, HEART AND BRAIN:

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right, WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
    So true!

Del Rio Guest

Well if he manages to NOT TURN THE GODDAMN BALL OVER............then yeah I guess he would......in turn.....be better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12