Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    Try Hovan on the O-line.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  2. #22
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    "berserkers" wrote:
    that level of success was achieved because of those players and in spite os guys like Moss who are cancers to the team
    No, really, tell us how you feel about Moss deep down...don't hold back.

    AS I stated in a previous post (That you seem to have ignored), many of those guys are great BECAUSE of Moss, not in spite of him.

    Again, if you want proof, look at how well we did without Moss.

    Granted, we didn't end much better, but Moss wasn't up to snuff yet, and I think we all know that.

    WITH MOSS:

    Moss draws doubles allowing Robinson, Burleson, Wiggins, and Campbell to be in single coverage.

    4 receivers in single coverage means Daunte has 3 potential targets EVERY play.

    Moss in, means that Safetys can't cheat up on the run...that gives our H-Backs a few extra yards before Safety help arrives if they beat the front 7.

    Moss in means that we are a threat to score on ANY play from ANYWHERE on the field.

    Remove Moss from the equation and we are good...but nowhere near AS good.

    There are problems on this team - we all know that - but Moss isn't one of them. No more than any other high-profile NFL Player would be...and less than many would be.

    Caine

  3. #23
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    thank u caine. y is everyone on moss back to get rid of him. and depth at a certain spot cant hurt like w/ williams. hovan is a disappointment, but williams would be great on spec. teams. and a nickel back. depth at a position doesnt help. goldberg stays. he was up against javon kearse. say it w/ me. javon kearse. who had less sacks this game than b4. and they blitzed alot more efficiently w/ trotter. i was impressed. no false starts either. he stepped up when he needed to.

  4. #24
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    I don't think our d can afford another new system. Keep Cottrell and see what he can do in year 2!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #25
    mvikes84 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    205

    Re: He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    "berserkers" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Give me a break guys...The D didnt play that bad at all today....
    today.....

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    EJ is young...Its not like every player can come in and be a stud...
    EJ was projected as a stud. You're right, every player can't be a stud. Kenechi didn't play like a stud, but people will have patience with him because he shows promise. McKinnie was certainly no stud his rookie year, but people had patience with him.... Williams is clearly a stud and lived up to the billing.

    EJ is a flop. He looks completely lost out there like he's trying to solve japanese algebra before the snap. He gets turned around like nobody I have ever seen. You often see him looking around lkike he lost track of the ball, and then to make things worse, when that happens, his first instinct to to reach out and grab the first opposing player he can locate and hold him in case he is the guy with the ball. At times, i wonder if Henderson is actually partially or completely blind in one eye.....

    Thomas, I will have a little more patience with, he does look like eventually it will click into place, and his common sense will catch up with his physical skills.... but Henderson looks so far behind every other rookie at his position that I am beginning to wonder if he has the scruples to ever excell at his position. I don't think he does...

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Keep Williams and bring in a rookie to fight him for his job...
    I disagree STRONGLY. The last thing we need is more rookies at corner. It's been the weakest spot on our roster for 3 seasons and counting now. What will it take to get a free agent corner in here that is in his prime and who can hold down the other side. We have Winfield now who is extremely solid on his side, why put a rook back there with him. Williams is garbage. We need a guy like Roderick hood, who is ready to breakout. Hood is a free agent, he is on a team that is stacked at DB and he is ready to break out and be a #1 guy himself.... that is the kind of move championship calibur teams make.
    I agree that we should bring in a rookie to be ready to go in 2-3 years. A guy Liek Pac Man would be perfect... but not to start next year. And williams needs to go!

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I say its all in the coaching...we need a new D-cord....Plain and simple....
    yes, lets teach the boys a 4th system in as many years. They've obviously mastered this one and it can't possibly be our execution, so new coordinator time! Come on man! I don't necessarily know if Cottrell is the answer, but getting a new coordinator every season is dam sure not the answer.....

    Boys we have what we have...nothing around it...Just be happy we spanked the pack at lamblow and that we made it to the second round....See you at the draft...
    sorry I can't be happy with that. And I can't live with the reply "we have what we have"..... doesn't cut it.
    Weve had one of the most prolific offenses for three years running, and we have the best QB in the NFC, and 8-8 is the best we can do? I don't think so.

    We need to change out the elements of the team that are not working and put in the ones that are clearly the answer:

    Bennett needs to go - Mewelde needs to start
    Williams needs to go - a FA corner is needed
    Adam Goldberg needs to go
    Moss is a distraction, we need to lose him and get 2 players and a pick in return...
    And we need to draft help on the D-line

    That is far from an overhaul. I for one am not crying to trade away the whole team/ Just 3 players: Moss, Williams and Bennett.
    The returns we could get for those three guys alone could make us a champion when added to what we already have.
    How can trading the best receiver in football make you a champion? And we should keep Bennett and trade Smith. Smith and Moore are the same style of runners. Bennett and Moore give you two different styles and give you a change of pace to throw off the defense. Plus Smith is just one positive drug test away from being suspended for a full season.

  6. #26
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    I do not think we should really put too much weight into the fact the Smith has been suspended for drug use. Lets give the guys a chance. Maybe he realizes that he can be a star on our team and clean up his act. I hope.

  7. #27
    berserkers is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    74

    Re: He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    ...
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

  8. #28
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    Gee, Berserkers...you really shouldn't repress like that...you could get an anuerism.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    Man.... this board is just pathetic....
    No one is forcing you to be here.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    There are a couple of decent posters here, but for the most part, it's about 95% purple goggles who can't admit there is a single thing wrong with this team...
    And where did you see anyone claiming nothing was wrong? Obviously, there is SOMETHING wrong...we're not still playing. We simply disagree with you on what that specifically might be. This is all opinion and conjecture. It isn't like any of us will actually be the one to pull the trigger on any deals the Vikes make.

    However, you came in here pounding your point of view...and found that we (many of us) don't agree. Worse, we were willing to support our counter-points...something I have yet to see you do.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    Moss is a loser. He can have all the talent in the world, he isn't the best reciever in the sport if he's consistently hurting the team and taking plays off. Look at the four teams in the finals and who are their recievers? You're telling me the Patriots are pushing for ANOTHER super bowl championship because of their wonderful recievers???
    How about them Falcons recievers! better yet..... how about that freddie Mitchell!!!
    Defense wins championships!! Not having big name recievers that consistently put themselves before the team....
    Yep...you've aired your opinon on Moss pretty thoroughly. I - and others - simply don't agree.

    I've gone into some detail as to WHY in several posts...the fact that you've yet to respond to any of them is fairly telling.

    Basically, you have an agenda. We don't support it, and now you're pissed. Wow, that's a compelling reason to jump to your side of the debate table.

    No one here has EVER disagreed that our "D" needs help. However, with 30 MILLION dollars of cap room to play with, why give up ANYTHING to do it. There is no NEED.

    As for your idea of trading Moss for "D" help and a draft pick...look how well drafting stud receivers has worked for Detroit.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    some of you people will never get it, and the reason you won't get it is because you base your passion for a team on how many posts you can make on purplepride.org
    Half of you are about 15 years old and have no idea what being a real fan is all about...
    as long as you can display your really cool moss signature graphic and be part of the PP.org gang...
    I must've missed that particular rip...I don't support it. Tenure here is not a determining factor in "Fanishness"...or whatever we're calling it. If you're sporting your colors with PRIDE today, that's good enough for me. Your post count means squat.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    God forbid somebody shows up with a dose of reality... you all have the same gimmick "you been hatin on moss all day".... "you aint no fan, you just got here las week" as if membership at Purplepride.org is the measuring stick for the level of passion you feel for the team.... what a joke.
    Now, whose reality is that exactly? Mine? Cajun's? Webby's? No, it's YOURS. And it isn't reality, it's OPINION. No more or less valid than MY opinion. I've covered membership tenure above.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    you're right folks... theres nothing wrong with the team.... nothing wrong with any of it. I vote to keep things exactly as they are... because they are working so well. Why strive for excellence when ,mediocrity can be defended on purplepride.org.... why get rid of moss and pick up a few solid defenseman when you can stick with "B-Will"......lol
    No one said "Nothing's wrong". We simply - again - disagree on the specifics.

    "Berserker" wrote:
    To the few real fans on here... keep the faith. Theres a couple of you that could make a pretty gol 'darnit good message community if not for the other 75 morons that don't know football from foot fungus...
    Translation: "To the few who agree with me"...blah blah blah..."and to hell with everyone who disagrees...even if they can support their opinions with facts".

    Now, isn't THAT special...

    The bottom line here, Berserker, is we don;t agree with you and you're getting pissy about it.

    RELAX.

    This is a FAN forum. This isn't the hotline to the Viking War Room.

    This forum is full of OPINIONS. Yours, mine, and other's...and all of 'em meaningless.

    Now, if you want to throw a fit because we disagree, be my guest. If you want to leave and write us off because we're "Purple Goggle-wearing Moss Lovers", that is your perogative.

    But, if you come to your senses and decide to stay, keep one thing in mind;

    NOTHING you say will ever be "holy writ". You get to operate under the same guidelines that I do, and every other poster does (Except Webby...for obvious reasons). Everything we say is subject to disagreement and counter-points.

    If you can't handle that, by all means find somewhere else to post.

    But, if you can, stick around. I don't agree with you on Moss - or some of the other roster issues you've posted on - but eventually I will. After all, we share one ALL IMPORTANT qualty...the tie that transcends all disagreements...

    We're VIKING fans.

    Caine

  9. #29
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    "berserkers" wrote:
    Man.... this board is just pathetic....

    There are a couple of decent posters here, but for the most part, it's about 95% purple goggles who can't admit there is a single thing wrong with this team...

    This place is about as informed and realistic as the Jim Rome show....

    To the few real fans on here... keep the faith. Theres a couple of you that could make a pretty gol 'darnit good message community if not for the other 75 morons that don't know football from foot fungus...

    Im out

    :salute:
    Is this guy gone now! I hope so. He is the guy who only throws in 2 posts after we win at GB. But, after we lose he comes out and smashes the team. Very negative guy he is. This is the type of fan who only likes to gripe about the Vikings. Never has much good to say! See ya' bandwagoneer!

  10. #30
    bender_over is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    95

    Re: He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

    "berserkers" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Give me a break guys...The D didnt play that bad at all today....
    today.....

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    EJ is young...Its not like every player can come in and be a stud...
    EJ was projected as a stud. You're right, every player can't be a stud. Kenechi didn't play like a stud, but people will have patience with him because he shows promise. McKinnie was certainly no stud his rookie year, but people had patience with him.... Williams is clearly a stud and lived up to the billing.

    EJ is a flop. He looks completely lost out there like he's trying to solve japanese algebra before the snap. He gets turned around like nobody I have ever seen. You often see him looking around lkike he lost track of the ball, and then to make things worse, when that happens, his first instinct to to reach out and grab the first opposing player he can locate and hold him in case he is the guy with the ball. At times, i wonder if Henderson is actually partially or completely blind in one eye.....

    Thomas, I will have a little more patience with, he does look like eventually it will click into place, and his common sense will catch up with his physical skills.... but Henderson looks so far behind every other rookie at his position that I am beginning to wonder if he has the scruples to ever excell at his position. I don't think he does...

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Keep Williams and bring in a rookie to fight him for his job...
    I disagree STRONGLY. The last thing we need is more rookies at corner. It's been the weakest spot on our roster for 3 seasons and counting now. What will it take to get a free agent corner in here that is in his prime and who can hold down the other side. We have Winfield now who is extremely solid on his side, why put a rook back there with him. Williams is garbage. We need a guy like Roderick hood, who is ready to breakout. Hood is a free agent, he is on a team that is stacked at DB and he is ready to break out and be a #1 guy himself.... that is the kind of move championship calibur teams make.
    I agree that we should bring in a rookie to be ready to go in 2-3 years. A guy Liek Pac Man would be perfect... but not to start next year. And williams needs to go!

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I say its all in the coaching...we need a new D-cord....Plain and simple....
    yes, lets teach the boys a 4th system in as many years. They've obviously mastered this one and it can't possibly be our execution, so new coordinator time! Come on man! I don't necessarily know if Cottrell is the answer, but getting a new coordinator every season is dam sure not the answer.....

    Boys we have what we have...nothing around it...Just be happy we spanked the pack at lamblow and that we made it to the second round....See you at the draft...
    sorry I can't be happy with that. And I can't live with the reply "we have what we have"..... doesn't cut it.
    Weve had one of the most prolific offenses for three years running, and we have the best QB in the NFC, and 8-8 is the best we can do? I don't think so.

    We need to change out the elements of the team that are not working and put in the ones that are clearly the answer:

    Bennett needs to go - Mewelde needs to start
    Williams needs to go - a FA corner is needed
    Adam Goldberg needs to go
    Moss is a distraction, we need to lose him and get 2 players and a pick in return...
    And we need to draft help on the D-line

    That is far from an overhaul. I for one am not crying to trade away the whole team/ Just 3 players: Moss, Williams and Bennett.
    The returns we could get for those three guys alone could make us a champion when added to what we already have.
    I was with you until you said we should trade Moss. Also, you're not going to get anything of value for Williams so you might as well keep him as a nickel back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •