Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    berserkers is offline Rookie

He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

I agree. I dont think that dumping Tice is a solution. Tice definitely needs to work on his play calling, but it's nothing that a solid O-Coordinator couldn't fix.

As for the coaching staff, Linehan and Baker are the only two I would replace.

Maybe Cris Carter would be a good O-coordinator.....
    j/k
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

"vikingstw" wrote:
    WORD, caine. Kicking golberg to the curb makes no sense, like you said hes a BACKUP, and he played pretty well. We need depth in the secondary, letting B Will go would be a stupid move, just another roster spot to fill.
    yeh your right.... why create a hole where you've got a perfectly horrible athlete filling the void now...

Goldberg is averaging what now? 6-7 holding penalties a game.... you're right, he's just a back-up. Thats what makes his team leading penalty stat so impressive, his massive time on the field.
    And afterall, backup O-lineman are tough to find....

:salute:
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Tice has a losing record because he inherited a CRAP TEAM FROM DENNIS GREEN!!!!! Has everyone forgotten already the 2001 season? Here's a reminder for you;

FIVE AND FRIGGIN ELEVEN.

Tice has done pretty damn good staving off the long rebuilding road.

How long has Detroit been doing it?
    How long has Chicago been doing it?
    How long has Washington been doing it?
    How long has Arizona been doing it?
    How long has....get the picture?

Here WE are - after three years - poised on the cusp of greatness. We are - honestly - a couple of key Defensive players away (And a few breaks on the injury side of things).

If we slip below 8-8 next season, THAT is on Tice. But taking us from 5-11 to the Play-Offs in 3 years - after GReen RAPED our Defence - is not only acceptable, it's amazing!!

Caine

Mike Singletary is the LB's coach for the Ravens. He's obviously done pretty well in Baltimore... he was a monster when he played, he coaches the best LB's in the league right now.... I'd say he's ready to step up to a D-Coordinator spot...

I would move Cottrell out for Singletary.
    Otherwise, I don't make the boys have to learn another new scheme if it's not necessary. I'd like to see what Cottrell can do with 2 good corners instead of one, some LB's and a pass rush.....

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I think before Cottrell gets the boot, give him the personnel he needs to get out of this D and run his 3-4

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"berserkers" wrote:
    Mike Singletary is the LB's coach for the Ravens. He's obviously done pretty well in Baltimore... he was a monster when he played, he coaches the best LB's in the league right now.... I'd say he's ready to step up to a D-Coordinator spot...

I would move Cottrell out for Singletary.
    Otherwise, I don't make the boys have to learn another new scheme if it's not necessary. I'd like to see what Cottrell can do with 2 good corners instead of one, some LB's and a pass rush.....
    I am not taking away anything from Singletary. But did the coach make the players, or did the players make the coach? I guess it could go either way. How long has Singletary been the LB's coach for Baltimore?

I couldnt Have Put It Any Better..........

"Caine" wrote:
    Tice has a losing record because he inherited a CRAP TEAM FROM DENNIS GREEN!!!!! Has everyone forgotten already the 2001 season? Here's a reminder for you;

FIVE AND FRIGGIN ELEVEN.

Tice has done pretty gol 'darnit good staving off the long rebuilding road.

How long has Detroit been doing it?
    How long has Chicago been doing it?
    How long has Washington been doing it?
    How long has Arizona been doing it?
    How long has....get the picture?

Here WE are - after three years - poised on the cusp of greatness. We are - honestly - a couple of key Defensive players away (And a few breaks on the injury side of things).

If we slip below 8-8 next season, THAT is on Tice. But taking us from 5-11 to the Play-Offs in 3 years - after GReen RAPED our Defence - is not only acceptable, it's amazing!!

Caine

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am not taking away anything from Singletary. But did the coach make the players, or did the players make the coach? I guess it could go either way. How long has Singletary been the LB's coach for Baltimore?
    I don't know... apparently if your talking about the Vikings, then it's the coaches who fail to make the players...
    or at least that is what you gather from the majority of messages on this board.... since most people would rather keep Brian Williams and Randy Moss and maintain the high level of sucess we have had with them.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"berserkers" wrote:
    since most people would rather keep Brian Williams and Randy Moss and maintain the high level of sucess we have had with them.
    The same high level of success has been accomplished with Daunte, Nate, Birk and Onterrio. You want to get rid of all of them too?

that level of success was achieved because of those players and in spite os guys like Moss who are cancers to the team

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast