Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

Give me a break guys...The D didnt play that bad at all today....EJ is young...Its not like every player can come in and be a stud...Keep Williams and bring in a rookie to fight him for his job...I say its all in the coaching...we need a new D-cord....Plain and simple....

Boys we have what we have...nothing around it...Just be happy we spanked the pack at lamblow and that we made it to the second round....See you at the draft...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Maybe Tice will get fired now.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

In my opinion its sad when a coach gets fired after making improvement...We dont need another coaching change as in head coach...He is making improvement isnt he?...We will become another washington or some crap like that...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

berserkers is offline Rookie

Re: He should be let go...Oh and him...Oh and him too...

"Vikestand" wrote:
    Give me a break guys...The D didnt play that bad at all today....
    today.....

"Vikestand" wrote:
    EJ is young...Its not like every player can come in and be a stud...
    EJ was projected as a stud. You're right, every player can't be a stud. Kenechi didn't play like a stud, but people will have patience with him because he shows promise. McKinnie was certainly no stud his rookie year, but people had patience with him.... Williams is clearly a stud and lived up to the billing.

EJ is a flop. He looks completely lost out there like he's trying to solve japanese algebra before the snap. He gets turned around like nobody I have ever seen. You often see him looking around lkike he lost track of the ball, and then to make things worse, when that happens, his first instinct to to reach out and grab the first opposing player he can locate and hold him in case he is the guy with the ball. At times, i wonder if Henderson is actually partially or completely blind in one eye.....

Thomas, I will have a little more patience with, he does look like eventually it will click into place, and his common sense will catch up with his physical skills.... but Henderson looks so far behind every other rookie at his position that I am beginning to wonder if he has the scruples to ever excell at his position. I don't think he does...

"Vikestand" wrote:
    Keep Williams and bring in a rookie to fight him for his job...
    I disagree STRONGLY. The last thing we need is more rookies at corner. It's been the weakest spot on our roster for 3 seasons and counting now. What will it take to get a free agent corner in here that is in his prime and who can hold down the other side. We have Winfield now who is extremely solid on his side, why put a rook back there with him. Williams is garbage. We need a guy like Roderick hood, who is ready to breakout. Hood is a free agent, he is on a team that is stacked at DB and he is ready to break out and be a #1 guy himself.... that is the kind of move championship calibur teams make.
    I agree that we should bring in a rookie to be ready to go in 2-3 years. A guy Liek Pac Man would be perfect... but not to start next year. And williams needs to go!

"Vikestand" wrote:
    I say its all in the coaching...we need a new D-cord....Plain and simple....
    yes, lets teach the boys a 4th system in as many years. They've obviously mastered this one and it can't possibly be our execution, so new coordinator time! Come on man! I don't necessarily know if Cottrell is the answer, but getting a new coordinator every season is dam sure not the answer.....

Boys we have what we have...nothing around it...Just be happy we spanked the pack at lamblow and that we made it to the second round....See you at the draft...
    sorry I can't be happy with that. And I can't live with the reply "we have what we have"..... doesn't cut it.
    Weve had one of the most prolific offenses for three years running, and we have the best QB in the NFC, and 8-8 is the best we can do? I don't think so.

We need to change out the elements of the team that are not working and put in the ones that are clearly the answer:

Bennett needs to go - Mewelde needs to start
    Williams needs to go - a FA corner is needed
    Adam Goldberg needs to go
    Moss is a distraction, we need to lose him and get 2 players and a pick in return...
    And we need to draft help on the D-line

That is far from an overhaul. I for one am not crying to trade away the whole team/ Just 3 players: Moss, Williams and Bennett.
    The returns we could get for those three guys alone could make us a champion when added to what we already have.
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Moss is a distraction to media and fans. Not to the team itself.

"Vikestand" wrote:
    In my opinion its sad when a coach gets fired after making improvement...We dont need another coaching change as in head coach...He is making improvement isnt he?...We will become another washington or some crap like that...
    It's not a matter of improvement, it's a matter of experience. Take the fake FG play as example. Poor execution, no one seemed to know what to do, 12 men on the field, no one called time out when they saw the play going to crap. We lose out on points.

how the hell is he suppose to gain experience???...By winning ever d@mn game?

By Pack93z

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Berserkers,

While I agree with several of your points, in a couple cases I disagree.

"Berserkers" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I say its all in the coaching...we need a new D-cord....Plain and simple....

yes, lets teach the boys a 4th system in as many years. They've obviously mastered this one and it can't possibly be our execution, so new coordinator time! Come on man! I don't necessarily know if Cottrell is the answer, but getting a new coordinator every season is dam sure not the answer.....
    Cottrell is NOT the guy. He hasn't done squat with our "D", and our worst performers are our Linebackers...his pet crew. His record as a DC isn't that impressive either. He inherited one great "D" - which he managed to piss away - and that team got BETTER after he left.

The problem is, no one is out there that I am aware of that it would be worthwhile to go after. We need a new attitude on "D". We need to get back the "Purple People Eaters" mentality.

Cottrell won't bring that.

"Berserkers" wrote:
    sorry I can't be happy with that. And I can't live with the reply "we have what we have"..... doesn't cut it.
    Weve had one of the most prolific offenses for three years running, and we have the best QB in the NFC, and 8-8 is the best we can do? I don't think so.
    That rating is based upon yardage - and, as such, is flawed. Look at today; Several deep drives...No points.

We have the POTENTIAL to be the most dominant Offense in the NFL. Linehan won't get us there. He's afraid to take risks, he's too conservative. We should be out there running and gunning...but we aren't. We're stalling short and shooting ourselves in the foot.

"Berserkers" wrote:
    We need to change out the elements of the team that are not working and put in the ones that are clearly the answer:

Bennett needs to go - Mewelde needs to start
    Williams needs to go - a FA corner is needed
    Adam Goldberg needs to go
    Moss is a distraction, we need to lose him and get 2 players and a pick in return...
    And we need to draft help on the D-line
    Bennett I can see trading, provided we get something of substance for him.

Williams I would keep, but I would bring in a FA Corner anyway and let Williams fight for his spot. Either way, I wind up with depth and a decent Nickle-back.

Goldberg did pretty well today...and all season really. And, he's a friggin' BACK UP. Rosenthal (Remember him?) being on IR left us with little choice. I, for one, think Goldberg did pretty darn good all things considered.

Trading Moss is simply not to be considered. Think of all the things our Offense does well. Now think about those same things without Moss in the picture pulling double coverage and keeping D-Backs from cheating up.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Caine

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

WORD, caine. Kicking golberg to the curb makes no sense, like you said hes a BACKUP, and he played pretty well. We need depth in the secondary, letting B Will go would be a stupid move, just another roster spot to fill.

"Vikestand" wrote:
    how the hell is he suppose to gain experience???...By winning ever gol 'darnit game?
    Usually a coach gains experience by moving up the ranks on his merit and coaching results. He gains experience by being a coordinator and then an assistant coach. It usually takes years to gain the experience. Tice was a line coach and then "Poof" he is now head coach. Three years without a winning record. It shows. Why is he our head coach. C'mon, you can say it. Because Red is a cheap bastard and knew Tice would be cheap and thus it would keep the team more viable to sale not having a large contract for the head coach.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast