sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

He said what????

I didn't see any other posts on this, but just now on Around the Horn they were saying Tice dissed the Viking fans for not packing the stadium and allowing a few thousand Steeler fans in. ANyone else hear him make these comments? Was it taken out of context?

I had gained some respect for Tice these last few weeks, but if he did say that it takes him down several knotches. The entire Viking organization should be on their hands and knees thanking the Minnesota faithful for continuing to support them when a lot of fans of other teams would have bailed after a national humiliation, not to mention horrible start to the season. And what did our fans do? APPLAUD at the first home game after the scandal.

As far as the Pittsburgh fans, they're diehard, they come to every team's stadium, and that almost never happens in the Dome with any other team (as far as I know, cheeseheads being the only other exception). Besides, the Steelers were doing a silent count and had no offsides as far as I know, while OUR guys had 4 or 5 offsides penalties...that is NOT the fans fault.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: He said what????

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17032&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There's the original thread for it. Kind of an ambiguous title, probably why you couldn't find it!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Sorry about that! Mods, please delete. I'll post my response there.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

mudcat is offline Training Camp

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I didn't see any other posts on this, but just now on Around the Horn they were saying Tice dissed the Viking fans for not packing the stadium and allowing a few thousand Steeler fans in. ANyone else hear him make these comments? Was it taken out of context?

I had gained some respect for Tice these last few weeks, but if he did say that it takes him down several knotches. The entire Viking organization should be on their hands and knees thanking the Minnesota faithful for continuing to support them when a lot of fans of other teams would have bailed after a national humiliation, not to mention horrible start to the season. And what did our fans do? APPLAUD at the first home game after the scandal.

As far as the Pittsburgh fans, they're diehard, they come to every team's stadium, and that almost never happens in the Dome with any other team (as far as I know, cheeseheads being the only other exception). Besides, the Steelers were doing a silent count and had no offsides as far as I know, while OUR guys had 4 or 5 offsides penalties...that is NOT the fans fault.
    Tices comment was something to the effect that maybe people needed to sell their tickets for some x-mas money. This coming from that ticket scalping IDIOT. I have no respect at all for that worthless puke and the vikings will not be worth a shi? until he is gone.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I kind of agree with the guy. I would be pissed too to see that many of the oppositions fans in my teams stadium!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mudcat is offline Training Camp

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I kind of agree with the guy. I would be pissed too to see that many of the oppositions fans in my teams stadium!
    Thats fine to state your feelings about the issue but dont make any comments about selling (scalping) the tickets for christmas money.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, good point.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!