Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Having watched the replay over and over...

You do realize that this entire board is based on opinion, and by you saying that most of them stink, you are basically refuting the entire purpose of this board?

By the way, I have played football, and it seems to me that you are just trying to discredit me by saying my opinion is wrong and invalid, eventhough it is my opinion, and my personal feeling.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

RandyMoss84804. Wtf are you talking about?

There is just over 2 minutes left, we are in scoring position, are defense inspires no confidence, it is 1st and 10 and our genius offensive coordinator wan't to take the ball out of our Pro Bowl QBs hands and go for it all right away...

Lets just analyze what is wrong with that. First off let me say that even if the play worked it would have been a bad call. Robinson was not open enough to risk throwing a lob in there, Moss made a bad choice because as far as I could tell the throw was actually pretty good.

With that much time left we should be running the ball. Too many time this season have we scored with 2-3 minutes left only to watch the other team drive on our sorry defense for the game winning score. We should have run most the clock out there at the end or we would have just suffered the same fate.

Also it was first and 10, I enjoy those cute little plays sometimes but not when the game is one the line. They are way too easy to screw up.

How can you possibly justify that call????? I'm pretty sure Culpepper is a good enough passer that we don't have to resort to trick like that to complete a pass.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    RandyMoss84804. Wtf are you talking about?

There is just over 2 minutes left, we are in scoring position, are defense inspires no confidence, it is 1st and 10 and our genius offensive coordinator wan't to take the ball out of our Pro Bowl QBs hands and go for it all right away...

Lets just analyze what is wrong with that. First off let me say that even if the play worked it would have been a bad call. Robinson was not open enough to risk throwing a lob in there, Moss made a bad choice because as far as I could tell the throw was actually pretty good.

With that much time left we should be running the ball. Too many time this season have we scored with 2-3 minutes left only to watch the other team drive on our sorry defense for the game winning score. We should have run most the clock out there at the end or we would have just suffered the same fate.

Also it was first and 10, I enjoy those cute little plays sometimes but not when the game is one the line. They are way too easy to screw up.

How can you possibly justify that call????? I'm pretty sure Culpepper is a good enough passer that we don't have to resort to trick like that to complete a pass.
    Robinson would have made that catch. It's that simple. He needed to stop and plant - it is basic receiver protocol for catches on post routes. If the ball is hurled toward your inside shoulder, you plant and go up for it, if it's thrown to your outside shoulder, you run under it.

It was a questionable call - I will acknowledge that. We should have run down the clock. There is no doubt about that. But it also caught the Seahawks off guard. Yes, Boulware recovered, but there was no excuse for Robinson to not make that catch - the man is 6'3 with a 36 inch+ vertical.

Please also note that Moss didn't throw a lob - he threw a bullet. Robinson simply mistimed his jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It was a bad call to take the ball out of the QBs hands by the O-coordinator.

It was a bad decision to throw the ball by Moss. Robinson was blanketed by the defender and then Bullcrap comes along and picks it off. Shouldn't have been in Randy's hands. He wanted to make something happen that wasn't there.

It was first down I think and Moss should have ran or thrown the ball away.

Bettis threw for a TD yesterday to a wide open TE. After the game, Bettis said in the PC that he was instructed to throw the ball away if he was covered.

SMART FOOTBALL = Winning Football

NO WAY, Moss8404, it is not Robinson fault.

Plenty of bad decisions were made way before it ever got to Robinson.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Having watched the replay over and over...

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    The coaches made a good call. Moss made a good throw.

Robinson did not make the catch.

Plain and simple. He needed to plant and jump, and he overran the ball. Do not blame Tice, do not blame Moss, if you must blame someone, blame Robinson.
    what are ya trying to do? give yourself an ulcer? let it go.....its way too late to care at this point.

That play doesn't work because who thinks Randy is going to run it with time running out? You want the D to bite on it. everyone including the DBs.

I don't buy it.

The defense didn't buy it.

If you are going to have someone throw into coverage you have your QB do it.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

It was a good throw by Moss, especially since he was just about to be hit, but the decision was horrible.

Robinson claimed he did not see Bouleware therefore he did not plant up to go and get it. Not saying he is off the hook, but really even if he did Bouleware would have been there too.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    NO WAY, Moss8404, it is not Robinson fault.

Plenty of bad decisions were made way before it ever got to Robinson.
    Alright, I'm done arguing this point. You all are showing ridiculous obstinacy in blaming the coaching staff for a play Robinson himself said he should have made - and, though I was unaware before making this post, he actually agrees with what I said above. Perhaps that's because we've both played receiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"I didn't see [Boulware] until the last second," Robinson said. "I definitely could have stopped and planted and went back to the ball if I had seen him. Randy had faith that I could make that play. Those are the plays we got to make in order for us to win."

Receiver Nate Burleson said from his vantage point that Robinson looked open for a split second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

The play should not have been called. It is not how the Vikings offense should have to operate. If you have noticed, the Vikings, for some strange reason, have had the tendancy to run more trick plays when they get in close. Things like the reverse and the play on Sunday, but they never work. I have more faith in Culpeppers vision and arm than in Randy's.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast