Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Have the Vikes turn the Corner???

Unfortunatly,
    I'm a Vikes fan living in Northern VA so the coverage here is terrible. However, I try to watch as many highlights and recorded games as possible. I love how we are playing but I'm not 100% convinced that we have turned the corner.
    We have 4 must win games left and the old Vikes would normally find a way to blow these games. Are you guys with me or are you sold that we have turned the corner and are a title contender?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Have the Vikes turn the Corner???

No.

We have made improvements since GB blew us out but we have a ways to go before we can say the corner has been turned. At this point we have found the steering wheel and found the gas pedal.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I definitely don't think we're a title contender (as I don't think many do), but I think it's great to finally see some promise in our young team.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    No.

We have made improvements since GB blew us out but we have a ways to go before we can say the corner has been turned. At this point we have found the steering wheel and found the gas pedal.
    Lets just hope no one else finds the breaks

In terms of have we turned the corner?
    Are you talking about as a team or as an organization?

As a team, I think we are showing signs that we have.
    The O seems to be coming together as does the D at this point.
    Still a ways to go but you can sense the cohesion which I believe signifies that they've turned the corner...

As an organization... the Vikings have consistently failed to perform to their level of talent or the expectations placed upon them.
    The way they end this season will go a long ways towards showing if Zygi and Chilly have been able to change that heritage.
    Until then, it's way too early to say...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think we've turned the corner all the way yet either, we are peeking around that corner and ready to pounce.

One thing that does impress me, and gives us a solid chance to win week in and week out, and I'll even go as far as saying YES,
    we could even beat the likes of the Pats, Cowgirls, Colts, ect....On any given game day...Why you ask?
    Because we have one hell of a rushing game and a QB that can do just enough to get us some yards passing when needed, without alot of picks....

With the running game we have right now going for us, we can own the clock and keep high powered offenses off the field.
    And our D is playing well right now, so that helps even more.....We may not be a dominate type of team, but we can control a game and hang with anyone at this time I believe.....

I really believe, we are going to shock the league from this point out....Hell, we've already started to shock many, and the na sayers are starting to raise their eyebrows and ask, who just are these MN Vikings.........I'll answer that, we are a team starting to find our own and clcking at the right time, and thats adds up to being
    a little scary to alot of NFL teams who are going to and may well just have to face us in the near future...

Go Vikings....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'll tell you one thing... I like that our team that is "revving it up" the second half of the season as opposed to those year's where we'd start off strong only to putter-out the second half.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

As a team it's just nice to see a productive offense to go along with our solid defense.
    I like the pressure our defense has been inflicting, which has helped us get better against the pass.
    The O needs to strive for consistency as far as passing, but it certainly looks like it's heading in the right direction.

As an organization it's as good as could be expected with our current stadium situation.
    The state will have to make it a priority very soon, since the lease expires in 2011.
    The Wilf's are good owners, the front office is exceptional with Brz, Studwell's a great talent scout, and the coaching staff is growing on me as they start to find success.
    There is cap money that could have been spent on free agents, but there wasn't quality available so you can't blame them for that.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"C" wrote:
    I'll tell you one thing... I like that our team that is "revving it up" the second half of the season as opposed to those year's where we'd start off strong only to putter-out the second half.
    I was thinking the samething. It is way better than going starting off the season good only to fail at the end like in past years. I think we have a good shot to make the playoffs with the schedual we have left.

Only thing is...No one is gonna beat the Patriots.

*SKOL!*

Purple D is offline Starter

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I was thinking the samething. It is way better than going starting off the season good only to fail at the end like in past years. I think we have a good shot to make the playoffs with the schedual we have left.

Only thing is...No one is gonna beat the Patriots.
    The patriots will lose one game before it is all said and done with, it will either be in the playoffs, Superbowl, or during the season.
    Either way they will lose atleast once I hope.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with many of the posts.
    They are finding their groove right now, but they have not completely turned the corner.
    They need to prove that they can finish strong.
    The old Vikings teams had done this a few times, when they showed a glimpse of greatness, but fell apart afterwards.
    Like they had a good game or two, got it in their heads they were invincible, then did not try anymore.
    They need to take each game on like it is going to be a struggle until the final whistle.
    You can never come into any game expecting to get a W, much like the Patriots.
    They take it one game at a time, treating each opponent with the same respect, whether they play the Colts or the Dolphins (the dolphins are going to break their undefeated streak though).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast