Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Have Some Faith People

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    People need to stop crying and start thinking. We're halfway through the season with a decent schedule ahead of us. We are in no way out of the playoff picture. We're technically not out of the division crown picture. If anybody is as frustrated as me with all the people talking about start rookies now to prepare them for next year, and who we should get in the draft, and how this season is over-tell it now. I don't know about you all-but I'm still looking for a superbowl title. We're not out and any given sunday is as said-any given sunday-everyone else should be too. The playoffs are easily in reach and we still need to realize this. Where is heart?
    Yeah.
    Weeee.

A 9-7 record to limp into the playoffs to face the #3 seed on their turf in the Wild-Card round and a 20th-place draft slot.

I've got faith!
    Faith that that would be more of the same mediocrity Vikings fans have been witnessing for the past 20 years (with 1998 being the exception right up until they choked the NFC Championship away).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:
    People need to stop crying and start thinking. We're halfway through the season with a decent schedule ahead of us. We are in no way out of the playoff picture. We're technically not out of the division crown picture. If anybody is as frustrated as me with all the people talking about start rookies now to prepare them for next year, and who we should get in the draft, and how this season is over-tell it now. I don't know about you all-but I'm still looking for a superbowl title. We're not out and any given sunday is as said-any given sunday-everyone else should be too. The playoffs are easily in reach and we still need to realize this. Where is heart?
    Yeah.
    Weeee.

A 9-7 record to limp into the playoffs to face the #3 seed on their turf in the Wild-Card round and a 20th-place draft slot.

I've got faith!
    Faith that that would be more of the same mediocrity Vikings fans have been witnessing for the past 20 years (with 1998 being the exception right up until they choked the NFC Championship away).

=Z=
    I gotta tell ya, Zeus........I just get tingly all over when you pontificate like that.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

Playoff experience is valuabe for our young players weather it is wild card or not.

"Del" wrote:
    Playoff experience is valuabe for our young players weather it is wild card or not.
    Yes - and no.

Valuable in that it gives them 1 more game against a quality opponent likely on the road.

Not valuable in that it does NOT give them a chance at the top-tier rookies which a much higher draft choice would provide.

We all thought that last year's momentous push to the playoffs (just missing out) would provide that valuable experience to the whole team - not just the young players.
    I don't think that any more.

=Z=

"Freya" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    Yeah.
    Weeee.

I've got faith!

=Z=
    I gotta tell ya, Zeus........I just get tingly all over when you pontificate like that.
    Some times I think I'm wasting my life being a QA guy with a lovely wife, beautiful daughter and nice home when I should be some crazy long-haired guy who stands on a milk crate in the middle of downtown, screaming at passers-by about the problems of the world.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Yes - and no.

Valuable in that it gives them 1 more game against a quality opponent likely on the road.

Not valuable in that it does NOT give them a chance at the top-tier rookies which a much higher draft choice would provide.

We all thought that last year's momentous push to the playoffs (just missing out) would provide that valuable experience to the whole team - not just the young players.
    I don't think that any more.

=Z=
    Well if you notice I said it is valuable to our young players. So I don't see how the lack of a high round draft pick will hurt our PLAYERS.

The atmposphere, the increased level of play a game that means the end. All of that should help improve the character of our team. Now if every season we are going to pull a Washington Redskins and get all new players then yeah it may not help.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I am so down this year because I expected such good things but as usual, I will "keep the faith baby" as they say.
    The ONLY thing that makes this season worthwhile is that the Ben-Gals have the same record as the Vikings and they were Super Bowl picks. I love to see the glum faces of the Ben-Gal fans where I live in Ben-Gals Country.
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Always look on a game with a positive angle - otherwise why bother to make the effort to watch it
    ;D
    As for the playoffs - yes I'd love to see us make it and why? because they are 20 other teams fans wishing they were in the playoffs even if it was for only one game.

Skol Vikes !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    Yeah.
    Weeee.

I've got faith!

=Z=
    Some times I think I'm wasting my life being a QA guy with a lovely wife, beautiful daughter and nice home when I should be some crazy long-haired guy who stands on a milk crate in the middle of downtown, screaming at passers-by about the problems of the world.
    =Z=
    You mean you aren't THAT guy???
    Now, I'm really confused!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    =Z=
    You mean you aren't THAT guy???
    Now, I'm really confused!
    You've met me - I have short hair.

=Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast