Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    Prophet wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    Hey I agree that Childress as a person is someone that I have no problem with, but as the coach of my team...well I think we all know he is a bit of an idiot. The man should never be allowed near a challenge flag again. Also I think in order for us to truly succeed next year he needs to give most of the control over to Favre when it comes to play calling. Favre probably knows the West Coast offense better than most coaches in the league, hell he has almost been around longer than the West coast offense itself! I am not the only one who's thinking this as this video talks about how that may be a concern for Favre and his return.

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4989171&categoryid=2459789

    Chilly needs to stick to what he is truly good at and that is evaluating talent, because the man does a great job in that department.
    A bit of an idiot? Really? I believe his challenges have been much improved since he first took over. Have you looked at how many challenges he had overturned this past year compared to other coaches? Check that out and maybe you may change your tune a little.

    I do agree he should let Favre do his thing and i believe he realized that toward the end of th season.

    An idiot he is not. He has this team ready to compete for a Superbowl.


    Yep, no hint of being an idiot, you can tell by the eyes.
    Now that's a serious picture. He looks estute there to me. lol

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    Hey I agree that Childress as a person is someone that I have no problem with, but as the coach of my team...well I think we all know he is a bit of an idiot. The man should never be allowed near a challenge flag again. Also I think in order for us to truly succeed next year he needs to give most of the control over to Favre when it comes to play calling. Favre probably knows the West Coast offense better than most coaches in the league, hell he has almost been around longer than the West coast offense itself! I am not the only one who's thinking this as this video talks about how that may be a concern for Favre and his return.

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4989171&categoryid=2459789

    Chilly needs to stick to what he is truly good at and that is evaluating talent, because the man does a great job in that department.
    Yet another misguided PPO poster who actually believes a QB can not only come up with a weekly game plan, but put it in during practice and then actually call the plays during the game.

    Hey Wineemdineem......Do you also think he draws plays up in the turf with sticks and bottle caps?

    I can't wait for the Noodle to retire so he can become the great offensive mind that most on here seem to think he is. I wonder what team he will take over offensive play calling duties for.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    ejmat wrote:
    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    Hey I agree that Childress as a person is someone that I have no problem with, but as the coach of my team...well I think we all know he is a bit of an idiot. The man should never be allowed near a challenge flag again. Also I think in order for us to truly succeed next year he needs to give most of the control over to Favre when it comes to play calling. Favre probably knows the West Coast offense better than most coaches in the league, hell he has almost been around longer than the West coast offense itself! I am not the only one who's thinking this as this video talks about how that may be a concern for Favre and his return.

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4989171&categoryid=2459789

    Chilly needs to stick to what he is truly good at and that is evaluating talent, because the man does a great job in that department.
    A bit of an idiot? Really? I believe his challenges have been much improved since he first took over. Have you looked at how many challenges he had overturned this past year compared to other coaches? Check that out and maybe you may change your tune a little.

    I do agree he should let Favre do his thing and i believe he realized that toward the end of th season.

    An idiot he is not. He has this team ready to compete for a Superbowl.
    Quit, we all know the drivel ESPN spews forth is actual gospel for most. :cheer:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    What we need to realize, is we don't have a right to win a superbowl. We have as good a chance as the Saints, Colts, Chargers, etc. Its not a given. Going to the NFCC was a great start. Something that will be remembered. If we can build on that, great. if not, too bad. He's really earned alot of respect in my book. He makes some calls I don't agree with. He gets lucky sometimes too (you don't go anywhere without a bit of luck anyway). I'm all for giving him another shot. I really want to see what he can do without Favre though. I wasn't a fan of re-signing him so early, and I"m still not, but not much to do now. Just wait and see.
    Thats a damn fine post right thar.

    Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch other games besides just the Vikings. EVERY coach, EVERY coach takes a risk and makes a bad decision. To sit here and think that our HC isn't gonna do that stuff is absolutely absurd and spits in the face of what really happens week to week in the NFL.

    An idiot. Comeon. This team got better each and every year. It has advanced further into the season each and every year and one year, they actually did it without the Noodle.

    Again, great post my friend. At least someone has a clue around here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    12 men on the field after a timeout! So the was not a bonehead move? Pulling Favre in the Carolina game when home field is on the line and its a one score game? Or leaving him in against New York when were up by 24? Sorry but those are all bad decisions on his part. Also im not saying let Favre call all the plays but there are times that Favre can see things in the defence that Chilly cant (because hes on the field) so I believe that you should take the reigns off Favre more than other QB's, I think he has earned that. I did not say anywhere in my post that i wanted him gone, but the man has made bad decisions in some of the most basic areas of football and that is something that needs to be addressed and hopefully he learns from his mistakes.
    None

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    Hey I agree that Childress as a person is someone that I have no problem with, but as the coach of my team...well I think we all know he is a bit of an idiot. The man should never be allowed near a challenge flag again. Also I think in order for us to truly succeed next year he needs to give most of the control over to Favre when it comes to play calling. Favre probably knows the West Coast offense better than most coaches in the league, hell he has almost been around longer than the West coast offense itself! I am not the only one who's thinking this as this video talks about how that may be a concern for Favre and his return.

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4989171&categoryid=2459789

    Chilly needs to stick to what he is truly good at and that is evaluating talent, because the man does a great job in that department.
    A bit of an idiot? Really? I believe his challenges have been much improved since he first took over. Have you looked at how many challenges he had overturned this past year compared to other coaches? Check that out and maybe you may change your tune a little.

    I do agree he should let Favre do his thing and i believe he realized that toward the end of th season.

    An idiot he is not. He has this team ready to compete for a Superbowl.
    Quit, we all know the drivel ESPN spews forth is actual gospel for most. :cheer:
    It is better than some of the drivel here.

  7. #17
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    12 men on the field after a timeout! So the was not a bonehead move? Pulling Favre in the Carolina game when home field is on the line and its a one score game? Or leaving him in against New York when were up by 24? Sorry but those are all bad decisions on his part. Also im not saying let Favre call all the plays but there are times that Favre can see things in the defence that Chilly cant (because hes on the field) so I believe that you should take the reigns off Favre more than other QB's, I think he has earned that. I did not say anywhere in my post that i wanted him gone, but the man has made bad decisions in some of the most basic areas of football and that is something that needs to be addressed and hopefully he learns from his mistakes.
    Don't forget punting against the titans without timeouts when down and 2 mins left on the clock.

    Game over.

  8. #18
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    12 men on the field after a timeout! So the was not a bonehead move? Pulling Favre in the Carolina game when home field is on the line and its a one score game? Or leaving him in against New York when were up by 24? Sorry but those are all bad decisions on his part. Also im not saying let Favre call all the plays but there are times that Favre can see things in the defence that Chilly cant (because hes on the field) so I believe that you should take the reigns off Favre more than other QB's, I think he has earned that. I did not say anywhere in my post that i wanted him gone, but the man has made bad decisions in some of the most basic areas of football and that is something that needs to be addressed and hopefully he learns from his mistakes.
    Nmae one HC that hasn't made any bad decisions. I blame coaching on the 12 men on the field. Childress is ultimately responsible but since Tahi was the culprate I would place most the blame on Bienemy.

    I agree about pulling Favre against Carolina. However, he re-thought his decision and didn't pull Favre because Favre whined about it. Well how did that work out? Maybe Childress knew a little more than Favre, you or I did. Maybe he didn't want him to continue to get planted by Peppers every play.

    Having Favre in when up by 24 - agreed!

  9. #19
    WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    Im sorry but i can't agree with that logic. First Chilly came out and took full blame for the 12 man, so even he isn't trying to come up with others to blame, so you shouldn't for him.

    But the main thing that i don't understand is how you can justify a mistake(leaving favre in the giant game)because he "learned from his other mistake", the two game situations have NOTHING in common. One was a single score game that had HUGE playoff implications.The other was an utter blowout with nearly no time left on the clock and homefield locked up!

    Oh and by the way as you can tell im still pretty choked at that NFC champ game...in the end we all want the same thing and that is for Chilly to succeed, I just hope that his mistakes can be fewer and far between.
    None

  10. #20
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    Im sorry but i can't agree with that logic. First Chilly came out and took full blame for the 12 man, so even he isn't trying to come up with others to blame, so you shouldn't for him.

    But the main thing that i don't understand is how you can justify a mistake(leaving favre in the giant game)because he "learned from his other mistake", the two game situations have NOTHING in common. One was a single score game that had HUGE playoff implications.The other was an utter blowout with nearly no time left on the clock and homefield locked up!

    Oh and by the way as you can tell im still pretty choked at that NFC champ game...in the end we all want the same thing and that is for Chilly to succeed, I just hope that his mistakes can be fewer and far between.
    Dude, I know you are new here but we've had these discussions time and time again. However I will answer since you haven't been part.

    Chilly took full responsibility as well he should have. Any HC would and should take full responsibility. However, knowing what I know about the game I do know that the assistant coaches are the ones that set the personnel for certain packages. Bienemy would be the one to put Tahi in the game. Childress is ultimately responsible but again the RB Coach is more to blame. That's the way it is whether you agree or not. My debate is not the fact Childress is to blame here but if he is an idiot like you are claiming.

    Where the hell did I try to compare the Carolina game to the Giant game? In fact I agreed to your point Favre should have come out of the Giant game.

    The Carolina game is different. The truth of the matter is we weren't being effective in the Carolina game and Favre was getting the living shit out of him. I speculate Chilly was thinking he wanted to make sure Favre was safe for the playoffs. He didn't want him to continue getting the shit knocked out of him. Agree or not that is my thought. It's all speculation, I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. McNabb, Reid get together
    By cogitans in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
  2. Reid taking a leave of absence
    By jessejames09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 07:19 AM
  3. Childress vs Reid
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:09 PM
  4. Reid blocked Childress from Iggles assistants.
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 08:30 PM
  5. Andy Reid might get "Holmgren-ed"!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 01:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •