Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)
    I know I've waivered alot on the ole Chiller.

At first I loved the guy, then he started with his "New" approach to camp coupled together with his willingness to let young players learn on the field, instead of on the bench like I would etc etc etc, basically cause me to threw him under the bus of late.

Now, after reading things like this along with visits to PH, going to Herrera's swearing in etc have me warming to the slightly balding one more and more of late.

I think I might start to cut him some more slack again. :unsure:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

Letís just hope the troops donít decide to greet him in groups of twelve men
    HAHAHA!!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Formo wrote:
    HAHAHA!!
    .....snicker......

I really thought CmacD would get to that one first. :cheer:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    HAHAHA!!
    .....snicker......

I really thought CmacD would get to that one first. :cheer:
    LOL.... :woohoo:

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

They must be running low on celebrities willing to make the trip if the best they can do is Brad Childress.

Kudos to Chilly for making the effort.

WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy

Re:Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

Hey I agree that Childress as a person is someone that I have no problem with, but as the coach of my team...well I think we all know he is a bit of an idiot. The man should never be allowed near a challenge flag again. Also I think in order for us to truly succeed next year he needs to give most of the control over to Favre when it comes to play calling. Favre probably knows the West Coast offense better than most coaches in the league, hell he has almost been around longer than the West coast offense itself! I am not the only one who's thinking this as this video talks about how that may be a concern for Favre and his return.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4989171&categoryid=2459789

Chilly needs to stick to what he is truly good at and that is evaluating talent, because the man does a great job in that department.
    None

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Didn't he lead the NFC North in overturned challenges?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

WINEemDINEem69em wrote:
    Hey I agree that Childress as a person is someone that I have no problem with, but as the coach of my team...well I think we all know he is a bit of an idiot. The man should never be allowed near a challenge flag again. Also I think in order for us to truly succeed next year he needs to give most of the control over to Favre when it comes to play calling. Favre probably knows the West Coast offense better than most coaches in the league, hell he has almost been around longer than the West coast offense itself! I am not the only one who's thinking this as this video talks about how that may be a concern for Favre and his return.

Chilly needs to stick to what he is truly good at and that is evaluating talent, because the man does a great job in that department.
    A bit of an idiot? Really? I believe his challenges have been much improved since he first took over. Have you looked at how many challenges he had overturned this past year compared to other coaches? Check that out and maybe you may change your tune a little.

I do agree he should let Favre do his thing and i believe he realized that toward the end of th season.

An idiot he is not. He has this team ready to compete for a Superbowl.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What we need to realize, is we don't have a right to win a superbowl. We have as good a chance as the Saints, Colts, Chargers, etc. Its not a given. Going to the NFCC was a great start. Something that will be remembered. If we can build on that, great. if not, too bad. He's really earned alot of respect in my book. He makes some calls I don't agree with. He gets lucky sometimes too (you don't go anywhere without a bit of luck anyway). I'm all for giving him another shot. I really want to see what he can do without Favre though. I wasn't a fan of re-signing him so early, and I"m still not, but not much to do now. Just wait and see.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    WINEemDINEem69em wrote:

A bit of an idiot? Really? I believe his challenges have been much improved since he first took over. Have you looked at how many challenges he had overturned this past year compared to other coaches? Check that out and maybe you may change your tune a little.

I do agree he should let Favre do his thing and i believe he realized that toward the end of th season.

An idiot he is not. He has this team ready to compete for a Superbowl.

Yep, no hint of being an idiot, you can tell by the eyes.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast