Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Haters in the.....

I thought it was pretty good today A couple of us suggested that holmeed leave and he did. After that is was really a lot of fun. If someone is annoying you just use the ignore option and you won't see any of their posts A moderator or two wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they aren't heavy handed about it. A little trash talk can be fun as long as it doesn't get into personal attacks. Holmeed on the other hand was just annoying. LOL I told him to buy a cheese hat and find a packer chat and he left.

The chat is a great thing however for those of us that don't get many Vikes games in our area. There aren't a lot of Vikes fans in my area so its like having the guys over to watch the game. :thumbleft: The trick is not to be too thin skinned when in the chat and not take it too seriously. And try to be respectful of others. By the way, its not the chat on the forum page above. You have to access it from the main PurplePride page.

WWBGD

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Haters in the.....

maybe we will do "featured moderator of the week" .. LOL... I would appreciate the help though.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Haters in the.....

Oh, RK, all chat links now point to the right spot.... Someone told me about it a week or so ago and I fixed 'er up.
    :salute:

"RK" wrote:
    I thought it was pretty good today A couple of us suggested that holmeed leave and he did. After that is was really a lot of fun. If someone is annoying you just use the ignore option and you won't see any of their posts A moderator or two wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they aren't heavy handed about it. A little trash talk can be fun as long as it doesn't get into personal attacks. Holmeed on the other hand was just annoying. LOL I told him to buy a cheese hat and find a packer chat and he left.

The chat is a great thing however for those of us that don't get many Vikes games in our area. There aren't a lot of Vikes fans in my area so its like having the guys over to watch the game. :thumbleft: The trick is not to be too thin skinned when in the chat and not take it too seriously. And try to be respectful of others. By the way, its not the chat on the forum page above. You have to access it from the main PurplePride page.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Haters in the.....

i always just clicked the link on the message boards to get to chat, i never went to the main page. so it always worked as far as i could tell.

but anyways, i'll be a guest mod anytime im available, and i agree with RK, no heavy handed stuff. but theres people that come in there pretending to be vikes fans that just bash the vikes, and it just pisses everyone off. those are the ones to give a warning or two, then boot them.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

RK.

Haters in the.....

Oh, RK, all chat links now point to the right spot.... Someone told me about it a week or so ago and I fixed 'er up.
    Cool I was going to suggest it to you. I haven't tried that link since the first time a few weeks ago.

but anyways, i'll be a guest mod anytime im available, and i agree with RK, no heavy handed stuff. but theres people that come in there pretending to be vikes fans that just bash the vikes, and it just pisses everyone off. those are the ones to give a warning or two, then boot them.
    :thumbright: Poult :thumbleft: If you need help webby I could lend a hand if needed.

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Haters in the.....

"RK" wrote:
    By the way, its not the chat on the forum page above. You have to access it from the main PurplePride page.
    What is the difference between the two chat rooms...I thought that they were the same?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Haters in the.....

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "RK" wrote:
    By the way, its not the chat on the forum page above. You have to access it from the main PurplePride page.
    What is the difference between the two chat rooms...I thought that they were the same?
    i think they are, i never took the link on the main page, i always took the one on the mesage boards. and i seemed to be in the same room as you guys. i've been taking the link on the forums for weeks, was i going to a diffrent place than the main page?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Haters in the.....

"webmaster" wrote:
    :salute:

"RK" wrote:

Webby, would it be possible to show who is in the chat at the top of every forum page (as well as the home page)...that way anytime one of us in in the chat, others can easily see that and join in without having to go through the process of going through the steps of signing into the chat room just to check...also, maybe there should be more chat rooms (if that isn't too hard or cost prohibitive)...a separate one for trash talking so that the main one (Viking Chat for Viking Fan Forum can be used for game updates on the day of the game). Just curious...I would be happy to share more ideas as they come to me if you are interested!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.

Haters in the.....

The link above now goes to the same chat (flash chat) as the home page does. It used to go to a realplayer supported chat that was probably a plugin for this particular forum. Webby changed the link, Also you can see who is in the chat without logging on to it from the link on the log in page. You will note there are two rooms available. Just click the link above and you will see what I mean. If you have never used a chat before you might want to log on to it and check it out. There are lots of options. If you log on just click the ? on the bottom of the chat field and it will explain how to use the chat and customize it.

WWBGD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123