View Poll Results: Has there ever been a time when you wanted the Vikes to lose?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this season!

4 22.22%
  • No, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU TRAITOR POS

13 72.22%
  • Yes, in the past I have.

1 5.56%
  • I love the sheep

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Has there ever been a point where you have wanted the Vikings to lose?

Personally, this is the first game I've wanted the Vikings to lose. You can never hope your team loses for the first 4-5 weeks and even a little after that. I was delusionally hoping for a win against our division opponents, but that'll never happen, and right now all a win does is push us farther back from #blowing4blackmon. Sure, it's nice to say you'll cheer for your team all the time, and while I won't be UPSET if the Vikings win, because hey, they won, I will be disappointed in the long run. Winning does literally nothing for us, unless you think that getting a win this week will help us in our stadium support. Do you really believe that one win is going to sway some people to think hey, maybe we should approve a stadium!

I hate Tebow more than any player in the league and if a win for the raiders hurts the broncos chances at making the playoffs while bringing us closer to a good draft pick like Blackmon then I'm all for it. I'm 100% sure there are those of you out there that think you're being all noble or it's impossible for you to cheer against the Vikings, but whatever. Think if the Colts could go back they'd try to win an extra game or so to put them out of contention for Peyton? It's all about the big picture. A "Would you take a million dollars now or 10 million in 10 years" type of question.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Yeah, I think I want them to lose for the better draft pick, but when the game starts, I can't help but howl for a win. Even if they lose in this situation, I am still going to be pissed off on Mondays.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post

I hate Tebow more than any player in the league and if a win for the raiders hurts the broncos chances at making the playoffs while bringing us closer to a good draft pick like Blackmon then I'm all for it.
    I guess you are going to have a real tough time deciding who you want to win when we play the Broncos in two weeks.

Vikings win: We're farther away from being able to draft Blackmon, but the Broncos are farther away from the playoffs.

Broncos win: We're closer to being able to draft Blackmon, but the Broncos are closer to the playoffs.

Who are you going to chose?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I have never wanted my team to lose....ever....even if it would be in their best interest long term. I just can't get to that point where I cheer AGAINST them.

I get why some would want them to lose - better draft pick hopefully equates with better recovery time. Hastens the departure of a poor coaching choice and staff, etc.

But I'm a VIKING FAN....win, lose, or draw. I don't pick and choose times to support the team - I do it ALL the time, under ALL circumstances (unless they move to LA, in which case all bets are off and I hope they lose forever).

I've lived among the bandwagon-happy jumpoholics of Southern Wisconsin for almost 35 years. Despite the protests of certain Packtard "faithful", I hate them (PAckers and their fans) in large degree due to the sheer number of fair-weather fans I personally know. Like I've said many times, in the 70's-80's, I didn't know many Packer fans...and I lived in Janesville, WI (just south of Madison). I knew a lot of Bear fans, Cowboys fans, and 49ers fans though. Now EVERYONE is a PAcker fan...and all of them are "Die hard" fans with boatloads of championship memories and whatnot...

To me, cheering for your team to lose is just the first step down that path of hypocrisy...

Can't do it.

Caine

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I should have clarified, once the game starts I can't cheer against the Vikings, but the happiness of the win is quickly gone. Right now I'm cheering for the Vikings to win, but I don't really want them to win. Tough to explain.

And singer, I want the Vikings to win. Just like against the packers. I could never want Tebow to win. Just don't put him in a SB against the packers. My head will explode.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I am 100% with Caine on this one. I could never, ever, under any circumstances, root for the Vikings to lose any game, no matter the long-term consequences.

I am a Vikings fan, and that is simply all there is to it.

Draft picks are always risky. Tanking to get a higher pick is just plain stupid, IMO. You never know what you are going to get (or who will even be available, for the most part) at any given draft position. I've always maintained that where you select is much less important than what you do with the picks you have.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Kwearner is offline Waterboy
    Gotta agree with Purplepride, it's hard to root against the Vikings during the game, but after it's over you quickly realize that a loss is much more beneficial down the road and isn't that what is most important. If we won all our remaining games, how would that help us in any way? If we lose out we COULD get a franchise player for years to come. I know it's not that simple with the draft, but still. It's just plain hard to be a Vikings fan right now, but I will always love them no matter what so we just have to get through it. SKOL VIKINGS and at least Aaron Rodgers isn't on our team, I hope he dies a horrible death real soon!
    If we only still had Kailee Wong

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    After the game is over, I have no problem seeing the long-term benefits. I can deal with losses.

But until the game is over, I cannot, and will not EVER WANT to lose.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    After the game is over, I have no problem seeing the long-term benefits. I can deal with losses.

But until the game is over, I cannot, and will not EVER WANT to lose.
    My thoughts exactly. It's much easier to justify the losses. But I will never EVER cheer against the Vikings.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Personally, this is the first game I've wanted the Vikings to lose. You can never hope your team loses for the first 4-5 weeks and even a little after that. I was delusionally hoping for a win against our division opponents, but that'll never happen, and right now all a win does is push us farther back from #blowing4blackmon. Sure, it's nice to say you'll cheer for your team all the time, and while I won't be UPSET if the Vikings win, because hey, they won, I will be disappointed in the long run. Winning does literally nothing for us, unless you think that getting a win this week will help us in our stadium support. Do you really believe that one win is going to sway some people to think hey, maybe we should approve a stadium!

I hate Tebow more than any player in the league and if a win for the raiders hurts the broncos chances at making the playoffs while bringing us closer to a good draft pick like Blackmon then I'm all for it. I'm 100% sure there are those of you out there that think you're being all noble or it's impossible for you to cheer against the Vikings, but whatever. Think if the Colts could go back they'd try to win an extra game or so to put them out of contention for Peyton? It's all about the big picture. A "Would you take a million dollars now or 10 million in 10 years" type of question.
    What's with the "hate Tebow more than..."
    Just wondering I guess. I haven't seen much of him so I can't say one way or another how I feel about him. Now you use the term HATE so must be something personal or something I guess. Now you have my curiosity peaked. What's the deal man?
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast