Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Has everyone forgotten

"Purple" wrote:
    Tice sucked? Only one NFL team had a winning record in all three of the seasons Tice was head coach here - the Minnesota Vikings.

Not bad for a coach who sucked.
    If you are into having a team that consistently underperformed against tough competition and that hovers around 0.500 and had a final record below 0.500 and a coach that can beat you at tiddly winks but was caught scratching his ass when you even inferred moving to checkers, much less chess....then Tice is your man.

Did you notice the other teams looking for a new HC last offseason beating down Tice's door for the HC job?
    No.
    Why?
    He isn't good.
    A moron given and interim coaching job wheny Denny walked and he kept it because Redneck McCombs was too tight to hire someone that actually worked their way up through the ranks to become an HC.

Tice is as mediocre as they come.
    If you are a Saints fan and your only claim to fame is winning one playoff game since 1967 then maybe Tice is your man.
    If you have a franchise that has a dominating past and has the goal of winning the SB than having Tice coaching the team is equivalent to hiring Jerry Mathers as the OC.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"Purple" wrote:
    Tice sucked? Only one NFL team had a winning record in all three of the seasons Tice was head coach here - the Minnesota Vikings.

What in the hell are you even talking about?

2002: 6-10
    2003: 9-7
    2004: 8-8
    2005: 9-7

He coached here four years. two seasons he had a winning record BARELY, 8-8 is not a winning record. There are plenty of coaches with a winning record in the NFL during his tenure. Where did you grab that statistic from LMAO!!!!

Broncos come to mind as a team that managed a winning record the 4 seasons Mike Tice was running the show, and there are more.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:

He coached here four years. two seasons he had a winning record BARELY, 8-8 is not a winning record. There are plenty of coaches with a winning record in the NFL during his tenure. Where did you grab that statistic from LMAO!!!!

Broncos come to mind as a team that managed a winning record the 4 seasons Mike Tice was running the show, and there are more.
    I think that's more of a Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full Situation.

If we were .500 this year, I'd say Glass Half Empty, but in the Tice years I would have said glass half full, because I atleast enjoyed watching the games.

Del Rio Guest

"Mr" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:

I think that's more of a Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full Situation.

If we were .500 this year, I'd say Glass Half Empty, but in the Tice years I would have said glass half full, because I atleast enjoyed watching the games.
    That's not at all what he is talking about. He stated he coached here three years. WRONG, that he had a winning record WRONG, that no one else in the NFL did WRONG

The only reason you enjoyed it was MOSS, what the hell does that have to do with Tice.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I think some people on here have memory loss.
    Although not pleased with losing, at least this year we have had an opportunity to win every game minus the Pats which was still only 17-0 at the half.

Did everyone rather have meathead Tice and watch the games be over by halftime like Carolina, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Chicago last year?
    Wow that was some viewing pleasure.
    It's great not to waste the entire 3 hours of your day and know we lost in the first quarter.
    Much more productive use of the day that way. ;D

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Miami had the ball on the freaking goalline and fumbled. Did they fold up like the vikes do? No, they found a way (Jason Taylor) to win the game. When the Vikes loose everyone blames the penalties and turnovers. Its true, they will cause teams to loose, but the good teams in the NFL overcome them. Weaernt one of the good teams this year. We are just good at making excuses.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Purple" wrote:

As long as we're playing make-believe...

-BC is Coach of the Year!

-BJ is MVP!

-No, wait, Co-MVP, w/ Troy Williamson!

-We are undefeated!

-The sky is green!

-Cajun doesn't smell like anchovies!

-Life is perfect!

-I'm a billionaire!

Get off your horse and read some stats. You're not impressing anyone here by making shite up.
    -Sno

Del Rio Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Miami had the ball on the freaking goalline and fumbled. Did they fold up like the vikes do? No, they found a way (Jason Taylor) to win the game. When the Vikes loose everyone blames the penalties and turnovers. Its true, they will cause teams to loose, but the good teams in the NFL overcome them. Weaernt one of the good teams this year. We are just good at making excuses.
    We heard you the first three times you posted nearly the same thing.

Do not post this over and over in different threads.

If you make a topic, and ignore the responses given to your initial statement and continue to spam that initial statement it is taken as trolling. Create a topic, make your statement, do your best to facilitate comments and respond to the comments made, otherwise you are simply going for a reaction and it is not allowed.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Here's a post of mine from another thread:

I'm still not a doom and gloomer.
    As the season wears on there are obvious problems, but none are beyond repair.
    The time-frame is still within a few years for pulling together a respectable team that plays with consistency.

Offense:

The first drive was sustained with a nice mix of passes and rushing resulting in a TD.
    The second drive was killed by a sack for -8 yds.
    The third drive was killed by an M. Johnson false start.
    The fourth drive was killed by a Whittle false start.
    The 5th drive was killed by a sack.
    The sixth drive resulted in a FG.
    The seventh drive was killed by yet another Williamson drop.
    The eighth drive resulted in a FG (INT, should have been run in for a TD).
    The ninth drive resulted in Jason Taylor stripping the ball out of C. Taylor's grasp.
    The tenth drive resulted in another fumble by C. Taylor.
    The eleventh drive was a three and out.
    The twelth drive was a Jason Taylor INT on a screen play.
    The thirteenth drive was sustained (too gol 'darnit much time) for a C. Taylor TD.

In summary:
    1: TD
    2: sack
    3. penalty
    4. penalty
    5. sack
    6. FG
    7. Drop (Williamson)
    8. FG (should have been TD)
    9. Fumble (good move by J. Taylor)
    10. Fumble (bad move by C. Taylor)
    11. Phins D shut 'em down
    12. INT
    13. TD

Correctable?
    Items 3,4,7,8,10,12.
    That is, if any of those events, all easily correctable, didn't happen the Vikings would have left with a W.

The Chicken Littles are permeating the site.
    I don't buy into it for a second.
    The Vikings were only OWNED one game this year, and that was by the Patriots.
    They are not far from righting their track.
    Will it happen this year?
    Odds are against that happening, but they will improve.
    There was some juggling around on the O-line tonight and T. Taylor appeared to pull his head out of his jiggly butt.
    Why T. Williamson isn't benched is beyond my understanding.
    The changes in the lineup will continue.

Anyone that thought/thinks the Vikings were going deep into the playoffs this year needs to lay off the magical mushrooms.
    On the same token, anyone that thinks the season is over is equally down the hallucinogenic path.
    This season has been and will continue to be a pendulum where the weaknesses and strenths of the future will be determined.
    Every game we learn more about the new-look Vikings and how the management deals with the situation.
    We will see what the team is made of during adverse times, I find it to be an extremely interesting time.
    I cannot think of one time I was extremely interested in the team for the long-term when Tice was leading the team.
    Some of you think the same about Childress, it is impossible to think more myopically than to judge Childress' success/failure halfway into his first season.

It's not a comprehensive look at all the details, just a synopsis looking at what went wrong.
    Most are correctable.
    If you think the team is in the tank, good for you.
    After looking at all the games this year the only one that scared me was the Patriots game.
    The rest were winnable.
    Yes, good teams win the close ones.
    No, we're not that far off from becoming a good team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

yeah that randy ratio was something else

il say this much tho, at least our coach could body slam the opposing teams coach.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast