Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Has Anyone Else Lost Some Of Their Optimism?

I think the Vikes will be a much improved team this year, mainly because of the improved defense. It was great to see all of the offseason talent signed on.

The intensity of the first regular season game will help understand where the vikings are really at. Offensively, I'm concerned about the running game and offensive line play (penalties as much as anything), but I have all the faith in Daunte and the receiving corps to produce points. Just wish they didn't have to use it so much.

Barring penalties to key players, I think 10-6 or 11-5 should be a reasonable expectation.

Start solid and finish strong Vikes. :hello1:

Del Rio Guest

Here's my take on it.

From what I have seen between last year and this offseason is that Culpepper is maturing and becoming one of if not the best Qb in the NFL.
    The coaching is in question this year. If we don't win they will all be gone, every single one of them.

I'm not too optimistic about the D I imagine it will be ranked between 17th and 23rd. Which is an improvement but I think these posts about a top ten, top five D are unrealistic.

The passing game will work like the run in that we will run a lot of short routes to move the chains. If you keep dumping off 4 yard passes that will get the extra man in the box just as well as the run.

I think 10 wins would be a great season for us. If you think you are being negative considering 10 wins I would say you still have a lot of optimism so that is good.

I do think we will win the division and do great, I think alot of people are in for a rude awakening though.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I am very optimistic about this season. Our D was Vanilla and not everyone played all together. The regular season will look better!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Careful Del Rio, that unbiased, realistic thinking will have some rabid fans foaming at the mouth. You may get dumped on like I did last year when I too gave a realistic and if you look back on it accurate account of our team's ability. You may have awakened the masses and then god bless you. You will end up like Frankenstein running for the windmill.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

Oh it's safe to say now.

It only get's dangerous when we barely win a few games the lose to the Saints or Lions then all the people who were like OMGZ Cowart is the man, or Fat Pat will stop all runs up the gut will be like: How did we lose, then they point fingers, then they get pissed, and then it gets ugly.

That is the time I like to just sit back and enjoy the carnage. You posted your post early because you saw what was going on. Most people were like, oooo we won by 1 but so and so was hurt so we will be much better next time.

Basically they had their hopes hanging by a string and you started hacking at it with reality. Their hopes are 10ft deep right now so if you say something negative it just gets absorbed and forgotten, but at least you tried to make your point :grin:

We can do some good things this year, but I think we need a new coaching staff to get us the the 'ship. You never know though...

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I will NOT start to judge any of our off-season moves until the appropriate time, and week 1 in my opinion is a little bit early to make a judgement. I understand the reduced optimism feeling, as yes Birk is out and Onterrio is gone (all 565 yards of him in 04') but every team will face adversity with injuries and such.

What Del Rio said about C-Pep is what we should focus on, Daunte will be better then last year, simply because this is HIS team, his confidence will be contagious. Having Smoot run his mouth on defense will help our defense gel, as we need that cocky attitude. The first team defense wasn't what everyone expected in the pre-season, but holy jeepers it is the pre-season and how many snaps has the 1st team even had together?

I'll be watching Daunte scorch the Bucs D, and I'll be loving Smoot yelling at Clayton and the boys, it'll be fun and I predict the reduced optimism will be re-kindled Monday morning after a decisive victory on Sunday!!

Cheers!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I just got really pumped after your post canadaviking!! Thanks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Del rio, I do have to say you always have your glass half full. I would say don't be writing that post too often or much later, PEACE!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12