Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Has Anyone Else Lost Some Of Their Optimism?

Seeing Birk out for the year I now do not have a lot of confidence in the OL. Our best running back (Onterrio Smith) is out for the year, and MeMo and Bennett haven't shown much in the pre-season (although Kleinsasser hasn't led the way much yet. Our first string Defense still leaks like a sieve (hopefully they gel after a few weeks, and having Smoot in there). I'm just not as optimistic as I was a couple of months ago.

I'd guess 10-6, with both 11-5 and 9-7 being a possibility.

Anyone else?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Prophet Guest

Re: Has Anyone Else Lost Some Of Their Optimism?

No, I agree with your final record but I envision a team that is progressively getting tougher in D and gelling going into the playoffs.

I see Tice as the weakest link and there is nothing that can be done about that it appears.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I wants to see a Regular season game before passing any judgment. Remember we haven't seen them play a real game yet, Smoot hardly played at all. The D always seemed to do better after the first drive...

Teams never go all-out in preseason there are aspects that they do not show. The vikings played very base sets in the preseason, I will start to worry alittle when we start to lose 2-3 games in a row. The team will get better as the season goes on. As long as pep stays healthy we will be in every game. Tailgate at rapid park this year season ticket holders!!!
    You republican whore!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

No, I am pumped up and ready for the season. I agree that Tice will be the weak link if there is one. I hope that Loney has a less predictable game plan than last years. We have the players this year. Its the coaching that has to step up to the plate. :grin: For the first time in a long time I am excited about watching the Defense come on the field, almost more than the offense. :grin:

WWBGD

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

The closer we get to gametime the more optimistic and excited I get. Its week 1. If there is ever a time to be optimistic its right now.

[color=red]

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm very optimistic, we're undefeated.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We'll be ok! Losing Birk does hurt, but I think Withrow will do an ok job. It will all come together!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I think we will be just fine Tice and loney were both o-line coaches so they will get the o-line going. Our defense will keep improving each week we play. The running game will be pretty good because of our WR. All and all we will lose some games because we will have some bad games it happen. I think we are a storm forming up here in Minnesota. We are going to be a very good team.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

It's a whole new game plan without Moss in there. I hope the line is up to the challange, since their leader shot the unit in the foot and is now on the IR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast