Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Has anyone else hit a wall when it comes to staying hopefull for this season?

Ok, ok... First off, I am NOT giving up on my team. I didn't after '98, or any of the Daunte-infested disappointments of the years thereafter, and I won't now.

I just can't seem to get excited for the Lions game. I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the Twins doing so well, and the Wild starting their season.

How do you folks stay stoked? Or have you found yourself at the same spot as me lately? No offense to speak of, and a terribly underacheiving defense.

Can't say its gotten my adrenaline going yet...
    -Sno

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Has anyone else hit a wall when it comes to staying hopefull for this season?

Stick with the Vikes, if the Twins keep playing the way they have been they'll be done today, and Hockey can wait, it lasts till about June

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Has anyone else hit a wall when it comes to staying hopefull for this season

"WVV" wrote:
    Stick with the Vikes, if the Twins keep playing the way they have been they'll be done today, and Hockey can wait, it lasts till about June
    Oh, I'm sticking with them. It's just slow-going right now for excitement of the Purple variety...
    -Sno

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Has anyone else hit a wall when it comes to staying hopefull for this season

I'd certainly agree that the shine has come off Childress a little bit, and I'd argue that with no quote-unquote "Superstar" players on the Vikes squad it's hard to rally around a single player in the hopes of looking to him to spark the season. But these things take time. I'll watch every week as always, just not with the perpetual excitement I did during the Washington and Carolina games.

That said, all it takes is one big play to make me excited again.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Has anyone else hit a wall when it comes to staying hopefull for this season?

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    How do you folks stay stoked? Or have you found yourself at the same spot as me lately? No offense to speak of, and a terribly underacheiving defense.

Can't say its gotten my adrenaline going yet...
    wouldn't say that the defence is underachieving, compared to what we've had before it's going well. Least these days I don't reach for the pepto-bismol as soon as they take the field ;D

I just stay stoked by saying this is the week that our O lights it up against someone, better still that we whop someone and keep them to 0 points too
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

well, we've already had more exciting games than last year..
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

When you think back that before the season began we were all talking about a 0-3 start as being reasonable I think this season has been great so far.
    You got a first year coach at virtually every position. You got a whole new offensive and defensive game plan. We could just as well be 4-0 as 2-2.
    This offense is not ever going to be one to score a lot of points. It's not as exciting as Culpepper to Moss and I think we all expected to win against Buffalo and we should have.

Hey, I think this season is going pretty good so far. We've dealt with a lot of injuries to some key players and then the Robinson fiasco and we're still hanging tough.
    I think a good win against the Lions -- Like 24-7 -- will boost the spirits of all involved including the fans.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Twins are donski.
    I
    dont know why you would ever lose faith in this team already.
    Lots to look forward to.
    You just wait.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

A dominating win would be great, but I'll take any win and hopefully some progress on the offense.
    The Vikings are an experiment this year.
    I think you have to see the whole season play out before you can rate whether or not Childress is taking us in the right direction.

Starting out with 2 wins against last year's playoff teams I think really raised the expectations and hopes of people and set them up for a big letdown with 2 losses.
    The Vikes are a long way away from being a dominating team, but I think they can compete with anyone.
    Thats something you couldn't say last year. They are still trying to figure out who and what they are, it won't happen for quite some time IMO.
    Mainly, I think the offense needs to have somebody step forward to be a spark or inspiration for the other offensive players.

With the conservative style of football that Childress is playing, its very dependent on making your opponent beat themselves and playing a very clean game in all three phases.
    Lately its the Vikings that are beating themselves with penalties and missed opportunities (key drops, questionable play calling, and penalties(worth repeating)).

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Good way to stay psyched is to constantly drink red bull and Mountain Dew together.
    Also three time a day, sit down and cross your legs and visualize yourself in the Dome while playing Welcome to the Jungle in the background.
    You have to play it loud enough to piss your neighbors off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast