Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    The reason I believe we can get a first rounder at least is because we spent a first round pick on him and he has proved he is worth it. Hell the media hacks were calling him the most dynamic player in the NFL before he got hurt. Not to mention a MVP candidate. You don't just give the most dynamic MVP away for nothing.

Thinking we can't get at least a first rounder is just plain silly.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    After reading all this crap all off-season about Harvin, and now that he supposedly told the Vikings that he doesn't want to play here anymore and wants to be traded, and now that he wants Calvin Johnson type of money, this is all I have to say.

Harvin, if you want Calvin Johnson money, then play like Calvin Johnson. Play every single game, play with passion, be a team player, consistently put up over 1000 yard seasons every year, and don't be a diva.

Calvin Johnson is the ultimate pro, and when its all said and done, he will be known as one of the best WR's of all time, if not the best. Harvin will never be mentioned in that conversation. The guy is small, he is always getting banged up, he misses games, and when he is healthy, he is whining like a little girl and getting into heated arguments with a mild mannered head coach.

I for one am sick and tired of Percy Harvin. One hell of a great talent, but to much of a head case. I hope he is off this team next year, and I hope the Vikings get something of good value in return for him. Let the next team deal with his diva attitude and let that team laugh in his face when he says he wants Megatron money. Somewhere Megatron is laughing his ass off with the notion that Percy Harvin thinks he is in his league.

Also, even before this stuff happened, the Vikings absolutely need to get more WR help. Not that scrap heap shit that Spielman usually does either.

IMO, the Vikings need to go hard and get either Wallace or Jennings. Wallace for his age and play making abilities, and Jennings for his abilities and character.

The ONLY reason why the Vikings were a 10 win team last year is because of the remarkable season that our MVP had. You can't go into next season assuming that AD will duplicate that success. If he does, great, if he doesn't, we need other weapons.

This year is the make or break year for Ponder. They need to get him some weapons in the passing game to see what he is really made of. When you are starting guys like Jenkins, Aromoshodu (sp), and Simpson, how bad really are things? My god, none of those guys would be starters on pretty much any other team in the league.

I really believe the Vikings need to get one high profile free agent WR, then draft one, then use Wright to kind of take over the role of what Harvin did.

All I know is Harvin is gone, and I couldn't be happier. This is a team sport, and he is so self centered it's pathetic. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, you piece of crap diva.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Harvin, if you want Calvin Johnson money, then play like Calvin Johnson. Play every single game, play with passion, be a team player, consistently put up over 1000 yard seasons every year, and don't be a diva.

You can't expect Harvin to have 1,000 yard seasons like CJ when your using him completely different.

Calvin had 53 passes thrown to him that were thrown for more than 10 yards in the air.
    Harvin had 12 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 61 passes thrown to him that were thrown between 1-10 yards in the air.
    Harvin had 17 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 3 passes thrown to him that were thrown behind the LOS
    Harvin had 33 in a half of a season.

More than half of Harvin's catches were behind the LOS. It's his YAC & versatility that makes him elite. I don't think CJ would have nearly as many yards as he got if more than half his passes were thrown behind the LOS.

Harvin played half a season last year while Johnson played a full year, yet Harvin scored just as many TD's as CJ did.

In a system where Harvin is thrown to more, 10+ yards out, rather than behind the LOS, those 1,000 yard seasons will happen. Our 5 yard passing scheme is limiting his production.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Harvin's Lost His Mind

A big reason for that is Harvin can't do the things Johnson can. He doesn't have the skill set to be a deep threat, a sideline or a corner of the end zone target.

He is best suited to catching the throws he was getting last year and that is why they were throwing them.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    A big reason for that is Harvin can't do the things Johnson can. He doesn't have the skill set to be a deep threat, a sideline or a corner of the end zone target.

He is best suited to catching the throws he was getting last year and that is why they were throwing them.
    Nope, he's not suited for those types of passes. Ergo he's not Megatron. Although I don't think CJ can do some of the things Harvin can do.

Each has their own unique skill set.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    If we get a first rounder for Harvin I will but a custom Spielman jersey this year.

There is no way a team will fess up a first rounder for a WR wants Megatron money, has a history of being a pain, and has never produced a 1000 yard season.
    I really have to learn to stop saying stupid shit...

Ok, what number should I get on my Spielman jersey? I'm wonder if I can do $$ instead of a number. I will probably just do 00.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You can't expect Harvin to have 1,000 yard seasons like CJ when your using him completely different.

Calvin had 53 passes thrown to him that were thrown for more than 10 yards in the air.
    Harvin had 12 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 61 passes thrown to him that were thrown between 1-10 yards in the air.
    Harvin had 17 in a half of a season.

Calvin had 3 passes thrown to him that were thrown behind the LOS
    Harvin had 33 in a half of a season.

More than half of Harvin's catches were behind the LOS. It's his YAC & versatility that makes him elite. I don't think CJ would have nearly as many yards as he got if more than half his passes were thrown behind the LOS.

Harvin played half a season last year while Johnson played a full year, yet Harvin scored just as many TD's as CJ did.

In a system where Harvin is thrown to more, 10+ yards out, rather than behind the LOS, those 1,000 yard seasons will happen. Our 5 yard passing scheme is limiting his production.
    That is because Harvin is not even close to being in Megatron's league. Yes they are 2 completely different players, right down to their height and weight. Pretty self explanatory that Harvin had to touch the ball in many different ways in order to achieve the same TD total that Johnson did.

How many games did Johnson miss? How plays does Johnson take off? How many times have we seen or heard of Johnson getting in his coaches face? Johnson is everything that Harvin is not, and that is why he got rewarded with a huge contract and why Harvin is currently packing his bags.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I really have to learn to stop saying stupid shit...

Ok, what number should I get on my Spielman jersey? I'm wonder if I can do $$ instead of a number. I will probably just do 00.
    Get 17 for the 1st and 7th rd picks that he got for the diva.

Harvin's Lost His Mind

Harvin knows with Punder at QB
    They won't win shit
    Anyone think otherwise??
    None

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast