Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,564
    Third round pick? No way in hell you can give him up for under a first, no matter how big of a headache people seem to think. I will believe he is a headache to the team when other players on the team start talking about it and not media sources.

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Third round pick? No way in hell you can give him up for under a first, no matter how big of a headache people seem to think. I will believe he is a headache to the team when other players on the team start talking about it and not media sources.
    You'll never get a first, unless it is a very late round first.

    He has never had a 1000 yard season, has a history of getting into arguments with his coaches, and bitches when things don't go his way. Despite his talent he isn't a tall speedy WR who can beat defenders on the outside and go up and get the ball. Despite his shiftiness, he isn't a RB who can draw defenses into 1-1 coverage. He is an amazing kick returner, but you can't build a team around a KR.

    No team is going to pay a first round pick for that. I think we can get a second, just because he is such a talent. But any GM who would pay higher for him - especially knowing he wants top 3 WR money - is too stupid to be running a football team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    You'll never get a first, unless it is a very late round first.
    That's one of the big misconceptions of people wanting to trade Harvin. They think we'll get at a minimum a first rounder for him. At least 1 or 2 that I saw thought we see a Hershel Walker type trade.

    Fans are going to be disappointed. I see us getting a 2nd at best. At the end of the day Harvin is as good as gone and we are left heading into FA with Wright, Burton & Summers as the only WR options.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That's one of the big misconceptions of people wanting to trade Harvin. They think we'll get at a minimum a first rounder for him. At least 1 or 2 that I saw thought we see a Hershel Walker type trade.

    Fans are going to be disappointed. I see us getting a 2nd at best. At the end of the day Harvin is as good as gone and we are left heading into FA with Wright, Burton & Summers as the only WR options.
    If we get a first rounder for Harvin I will but a custom Spielman jersey this year.

    There is no way a team will fess up a first rounder for a WR wants Megatron money, has a history of being a pain, and has never produced a 1000 yard season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    892
    Relationships between football players and management are a lot like those between men and women. The woman/management always think they can "change" the man/player to fit their expectations.

    Someone will pony up for Percy because they will believe they can "fix" him. That said, it won't likely be more than a high second to low first. He just doesn't have that pedigree yet. I might expect an offer of a lower second or third plus a player or players. If we could get a third and a decent CB or LB, I would seriously consider this.

    My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

  6. #26
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    If we get a first rounder for Harvin I will but a custom Spielman jersey this year.

    There is no way a team will fess up a first rounder for a WR wants Megatron money, has a history of being a pain, and has never produced a 1000 yard season.
    I doubt there's a single GM in the league who cares about whether or not he's had 1,000 yard receiving season. He's an all purpose guy, with obvious playmaking ability.

    The only real issues with him are durability and demeanor. His receiving stats are practically meaningless.

  7. #27
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    If we get a first rounder for Harvin I will but a custom Spielman jersey this year.

    There is no way a team will fess up a first rounder for a WR wants Megatron money, has a history of being a pain, and has never produced a 1000 yard season.
    I would tend to agree with you on that one but then again stranger things have happened. Heck look at the Cowboys:




    The Cowboys gave up first- and third-round draft picks to acquire receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions before the 2008 trade deadline. The Cowboys later signed him to a $54 million contract extension.

    Williams never fit in with the Cowboys.

    He caught just 94 passes for 1,324 yards and 13 touchdowns in 40 games in Dallas before spending last season with the Bears.

    It was the worst trade in Cowboys history. Only one other can challenge it.

    In 2000, the Cowboys traded two first-round picks to Seattle for wide receiver Joey Galloway. In his first game for the Cowboys, Galloway tore his ACL during a blowout loss and missed the rest of the season.

    He would go on to catch 151 passes for 2,341 yards and 12 touchdowns in 48 games as a Cowboy.


    Now, granted Williams had a 1000 yard season and galloway did too but if you add Harvin's rushing and return yardage he is right there with both of them, and they both brought more than just a first rounder and IMHO neither were more talented.

    Interestingly in looking at Harvin's stats, in 4 years he has had 3 100 plus yard returns and the one year he didn't he had a 95 yard return. That is impressive.

    7000 all purpose yards and 29 touchdowns in 4 seasons is pretty good.

    In comparison Galloway had 4500 APR and 41TD and Williams had 3600 APY and 28 TD

  8. #28
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    893

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Harvin's Lost His Mind

    Who gives a shit! Let him hold out and fine his ass every day. He will come crawling back. Teach these punks a lesson.

  10. #30
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Harvin's Lost His Mind

    Then sign Jennings or Wallace to piss him off lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •