Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Harvin's Lost His Mind

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hernandez signed his new contract with the Patriots during training camp in August. Harvin was already in the middle of training camp with the Vikings at that point.
    So this was AFTER Harvin had his hissy fit in the summer and was talked into coming to camp.

it's believed that Harvin wants money closer to what Calvin Johnson got from Detroit in 2012 (eight years, $132 million) than to Jackson or Bowe. That's an average of $16.5 million per year compared to a little more than $11 million for Jackson and Bowe.
    Not just no, but f@ck no.

News flash Percy, we went 5-3 with you in the line up, and 5-3 without you in the lineup. You are a damn good player, and someone who has the potential to score every time you touch the ball. But you are not worth Megatron money.

OK, now that I have said that, I actually understand where Harvin is coming from.

I think this is more about money though... I think it is more appropriate to say that Harvin wants Megatron money to stay with the Vikings, but he would take less on a team with a better QB. Not saying that I agree with it, but it is what it is. If he goes to a team with a good to great QB, he will very likely have career years, and the next time he hits FA he might very well command Megatron money. If he stays with the Vikings, well, he is never going to have that 1500 yard year and he knows it. So if he can get Megatron money now he will stay. if not, then he wants to go somewhere that he may be able to earn it.

At this point I think a trade is in the best interest of everybody - the Vikings and Harvin.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Yahoo report. That is all that needs to be said. I will believe it when it comes out of Percy's mouth or his agents.

If this Yahoo report is true then I guess a trade is our only option, but I find it hard to believe that Percy thinks he can command megatron money.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Yahoo report. That is all that needs to be said. I will believe it when it comes out of Percy's mouth or his agents.

If this Yahoo report is true then I guess a trade is our only option, but I find it hard to believe that Percy thinks he can command megatron money.
    Jason Cole isn't too bad when it comes to credibility, and this fits right in with some of the stuff we have been seeing...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    It's more than the money. It's a pattern of behavior.
    Percy is about Percy. He has been successful at getting his way by throwing fits and yelling.
    In college it was said the players ran the show and Percy was the ring leader. One time Percy refused to participate in a conditioning run as a result, Urban Meyer changed his program and said the players could play basketball instead of running.
    It has been well documented that Percy was contentious with Childress and pitched a weight in his direction.
    He also has had multiple blow ups and arguements with Frazier according to the latest report.

Percy appears to lack emotional stability and maturity.

I believe he deserves to get paid, but ultimately, the market will determine his value, and he should let his agent do the negotiating. It's unlikely anyone will give him Calvin Johnson like money.

At this point, the team may be better off without him.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    So this was AFTER Harvin had his hissy fit in the summer and was talked into coming to camp.

Not just no, but f@ck no.

News flash Percy, we went 5-3 with you in the line up, and 5-3 without you in the lineup. You are a damn good player, and someone who has the potential to score every time you touch the ball. But you are not worth Megatron money.

OK, now that I have said that, I actually understand where Harvin is coming from.

I think this is more about money though... I think it is more appropriate to say that Harvin wants Megatron money to stay with the Vikings, but he would take less on a team with a better QB. Not saying that I agree with it, but it is what it is. If he goes to a team with a good to great QB, he will very likely have career years, and the next time he hits FA he might very well command Megatron money. If he stays with the Vikings, well, he is never going to have that 1500 yard year and he knows it. So if he can get Megatron money now he will stay. if not, then he wants to go somewhere that he may be able to earn it.

At this point I think a trade is in the best interest of everybody - the Vikings and Harvin.
    I think it is about the money, I think it's always been about the money. I don't think he cares that much where he signs and he just wants to get while the getting is good.

The theory of him putting up better numbers with a better QB I'm not so sure I agree with either. Will other offenses that have great QB's depend on Percy as much as we did. Will they feature the plays where Percy gained the majority of his production (Singer's favorite behind the LOS throws)? Or, will he become more of a traditional slot receiver with the occasional pass out to the flat? I think he will be productive wherever he ends up and he may extend his career with another team, but I don't know if I would count on more production per game.

Also, if there is any truth to this article, he's kidding himself. I still maintain that his value in MN is probably as high as any other team in the NFL. He will no doubt find this out in time. This is where a good agent should be putting realistic expectations in his head so Percy doesn't feel cheated regardless of what he ends up getting. In the end, he will no doubt follow the path to the largest contract and if there is a team that over values his worth then so be it.

San Fran is an intriguing play though. They have the most to give in terms of draft picks and players, they recently just fell short of their goal and are looking for a few x-factors to take them over the edge. Percy just may be that guy. He does fit their style of play and the added bonus of playing for the NFC Champ's on top of a decent contract may make him happy for now. The Vikings could win in this scenario as well. Outside of that though, nothing really strikes me as a win-win situation.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    No.1, just another rumor. We still haven't heard any of this straight from the horses' mouths.

And, of course you throw out the highest number possible, thats part of negotiating. I don't think he'll get to 15+/year, but likely does deserve something like Bowe and Jackson got in the 10-11/year range.

All this negativity isn't helping his value to us or anybody else...starting to get the suspicion that we're goona get fleeced on this deal, again!? D'oh!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

I personally don't think the Vikings are shopping Harvin. During the combines some chatter was reported but Spielman shot that down instantly. I wonder how Spielman will respond to this one?

I still believe the Vikings and Harvin will work out a deal and all will be well.

If we do trade him then I hope it is not to a NFC team. I would also think that a first round pick at the least would be in order, since he is a blue chip player.

I see ESPN has now caught wind of the yahoo report.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast