Harvin won't play Sunday

Vikings WR Percy Harvin (ankle) won't play Sunday

Vikings WR Percy Harvin (ankle) won't play Sunday - CBSSports.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Percy Harvin makes short appearance at Vikings practice

Percy Harvin makes short appearance at Vikings practice | ProFootballTalk

Judging by what I've read it seems bad enough that it will be unlikely he plays next week either. We won without him two weeks ago but today we are playing a better team.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Judging by what I've read it seems bad enough that it will be unlikely he plays next week either. We won without him two weeks ago but today we are playing a better team.
    Because Ponder is being forced to look for other open receivers, rather than locking down on Harvin most of the time.

As Harvin said before prior to the Lions game, game film showed receivers were getting open, but just weren't being targeted.

I tend to believe that. I don't think receivers miraculously first started getting open last week. Ponder hit 9 different receivers, none of which was named Harvin.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Ponder needs to utilize Rudolph and Carlson decently today. Jarius Wright also needs to have a good game like last week. Vikings cannot lean heavily on Peterson and expect to win today; Ponder needs to step up and have a good game like last week against the Lions. I look at Harvin's injury as a positive in that we'll see if Ponder can utilize his other targets on offense.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Harvin won't play Sunday

I believe you Steve but do you have a link? I want to read more on that. I agree Ponder has been doing that cause I have noticed. With that being said, I am still sick of Percy being off the field year after year. It is getting old. We need a WR. Should be a top priority in the off season as well as CB yet again.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I believe you Steve but do you have a link? I want to read more on that. I agree Ponder has been doing that cause I have noticed. With that being said, I am still sick of Percy being off the field year after year. It is getting old. We need a WR. Should be a top priority in the off season as well as CB yet again.
    If our Damn DL would just pressure the QB, we wouldn't need any new secondary. Our Secondary is Damn Fine my friend. The C2/T2 is designed to allow catches but limit YAC. You'll see that if we can get a reliable DT in the middle to collapse the pocket, our pass defense will improve.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    To say that the Vikings stink today is the understatement of the year. They just got a touchdown on a fumble, but it's about the only positive thing they've done, Wrong, it just got overturned after being confirmed???????
    Last edited by rednorsk; 11-25-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: new info
    None