Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract

Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract - CBSSports.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract - CBSSports.com
    Who wouldn't be happy with an offense that features a QB that that can't throw accurately over 10 yards or one that has difficulty finding open receivers?

Spielman: 'We have no intent of trading Percy Harvin'

Vikings GM: 'We have no intent of trading Percy Harvin' - CBSSports.com

Spielman: 'We have no intent of trading Percy Harvin'
    So I wonder what teams he is talking 'trade' with?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Who wouldn't be happy with an offense that features a QB that that can't throw accurately over 10 yards or one that has difficulty finding open receivers?
    That's certainly a tougher fix than just a contract. Time to bring in some veteran competition for Ponder. I'd like to take a look at Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Older? If we sign him to a 5 year deal he won't even be 30 by it's completion.

Most receivers in this year's draft are 21 or 22. Harvin is 24, will be 25 in May.

It's rare to have a veteran of 4 seasons who's only 24 years old.
    True. Very young for the amount of punishment he has absorbed. Kid just plays so balls out reckless, you gotta figure, eventually that catches up with a body...

I want him to be a Viking, like I've said, one of a kind talent. Nobody fills three roles as well as he does in the entire NFL. I agree with him, our offense has been frustrating to watch, But we can't afford to have him undermining the QB's confidence and team chemistry either.

The way I see it, IF we dont' get 3 picks/players for him, we're losing value on the deal, cuz he fills three holes. So, we keep him and try harder to make it work. I don't know how much more the guy could want the ball tho...seemed the entire offense went through him early season.

Really, this is just getting silly! Obviously, lying season has started. We're definitely shopping him, but we have no intent to trade him. He'll hold out, but he's not pissed about his contract, it's the offense. Where does this shit even come from!? How many mutually exclusive statements can we stand!???

LOL! Had to add this

It's Time For Some 'Rickspeak', Starring GM Rick Spielman - Daily Norseman
    Last edited by mountainviking; 02-16-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

smegmavike is offline Coordinator

I see this as the most likely explanation regarding the sideline eruptions. Yet Percy was on pace for an MVP like season prior to his injury last year.
    Reality is, Percy is a guy who has yet to reach his potential for a variety of reasons. He's justified in placing blame on a weak QB and an OC who has brain farts in the red zone, but even when Favre was having one of his best seasons ever, Harvin wasn't a league leading receiver.

Harvin would like to be one of the highest paid receivers despite less than stellar statistics.
    He wants paid for his potential since he has had to play on a running team with inept QB's most of his career.

I think the Vikings may meet him half way by paying a bit above what his stats. would seem to warrant.

Or he may be dealt if the deal is favorable.

Right now both sides are posturing in a preamble to contract negotiations.

I would like to see Percy stay with the Vikings, but if not, so be it.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

He was fine when Brett Favre was here. Just saying. Get his buddy Moss here and add Jennings and he will be fine. I will give up on Ponder if he can't work with that even though I already think he is not good enough for the NFL.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Facts:
    pH+ contributes on Offense and Special Teams. He gets us good starting field position and is a threat to return kick all the way. He is a weapon at Wr and occasionally at RB. He is a fierce competitor. He wants to win.
    pH- is a detriment to the team when he is in subordinate. He has difficulties with missing games during the season. The guy is volatile.
    pH (neutral) his temper, insubordinate, and volatility can be viewed as just wanting to win.

Opinion:
    This really comes down to what the coaching staff wants to put up with. The front office must know that this is a gamble and the coaching staff will do what they have to to keep unity amongst the team and let the team know the coach is in charge. That means the front office will have spent their money in an unwise manner if the coaches have to sit him out again for conduct detrimental to the team which may or may not have been the case when they put him on the IR at the end of the season.

Anyway, keep speculating all you want.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast