Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    All my Jets fan friends want him. They're supposedly trying to trade one of their corners.

I wouldn't mind getting either one of those guys, that's for sure. Revis and Cromartie are 27 and 28 respectively. Revis needs a new contract, as does Harvin. He's also coming off of knee surgery for a torn acl, so his value is as low as it will probably ever be. Cro is already paid, and played really well last season.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Revis is damaged goods. Was the best corner in football, but coming off of a knee injury. If he is healthy, I would take Revis for Harvin, but not sure if I would roll the dice. Cromartie, yes, I would take him. There are a lot of teams looking to trade for Harvin...we have the ability here to strengthen at least two positions. Let him go, when he is in the game, Ponder looks to him and only him. When he is out, he was able to spread it around.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I don't think you trade blue-chip MVP possibilities for just a pick, or for 2 mid round picks. I'm thinking propper value would be Miami's first round pick, no.12, and the later of their two 2nds and 3rds. OR, swap firsts with Miami, and take their earlier 2nd and 3rd. That would give us nearly a top ten pick (12,11,12? and DET's 5) in the first 4 rounds and leave us with double picks in the 3, 4, 5! As in, plenty ammo to move around, draft 2 WRs and improve depth at several aging defensive positions.

Alex Smith is not worth Percy Harvin...especially with our wagon all tied to Ponder like they keep saying it is. Alex Smith and their first and third perhaps...?
    Your first scenario has Harvin for a 1, 2 and 3. Never happen. He is a great player, he isn't worth that much. Few players are.

I could see a combo of your two scenarios working out. Harvin and our 1st for their 1st and their late 2nd and 3rd. I think that would be pretty fair value, and Miami would still have a pick in each round. Everybody wins.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

I don't know how I feel about this report. I'd hate to see Harvin leave. Such an explosive play maker that can take it to the house at any moment.

But he really needs to get his crap together and grow up a little. Things aren't always going to go your way, and he doesn't seem to accept that.

I was hoping the "good state of mind" report was a hint he realized his wrong doings and was going to make a change. At the moment these are still only rumors, but I honestly don't see him staying. He's obviously not happy here after already requesting to be traded.

Either way I'm sure we will be fine with or without him. The games he missed last year were proof. I'm happy with the direction Frazier is trying to bring this TEAM. The "all about me" type players are not wanted.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I know teams are gonna be worried about his attitude, the migraines, his injuries, and him needing a new contract.

Anything less than a 2nd round pick and I'd keep him in Minnesota. He has everything incentive to play his ass off and pretend to be happy because it could cost him so many millions to do otherwise.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    I know teams are gonna be worried about his attitude, the migraines, his injuries, and him needing a new contract.
    Worrying about Harvin's migraines is like worrying about Peterson's fumblitis.

Both are history.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I am actually OK with this. I would love to unload Harvin for a couple of early draft picks. Don't get me wrong - I love Harvin and the kid is an amazing player. But obviously we can win without him, and if he is causing issues on the sideline then we might be better off without him.
    Sure we have won without him, but not because another receiver stepped up & took his place. We can't keep on relying on just AD to carry this team.

Since the Bye week with Harvin gone, Ponder has only averaged 151 YPG passing to AD's 161 YPG rushing.

Ponder also only threw 6 TD's in 6 games, 3 of which occurred in 1 of those 6 games, while the remaining 3 TD's were thrown over the course of 5 games. AD had 5 rushing TD's in those 6 games.

I don't think with a passing game like that we will see 10 wins next year without having a suitable replacement for Harvin plus an additional reliable WR.

Even Webb had 180 yards in his playoff game with 1 TD, which is higher than Ponders 151 yards, 1 TD avg since the bye. The difference is Ponder completed 4.5 more passes per game and AD was held to under 100 yards in the playoff game.

Right now, without Harvin, our WR corp is down to just Jenkins, Burton & Wright.
    Last edited by singersp; 02-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    I hate to see Harvin go, but I was disappointed in how the end of the season played out with him. The man is a stud, plays through injury, but he does need to grow up a bit. I just hope we get some decent trade value for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    I hate to see Harvin go, but I was disappointed in how the end of the season played out with him. The man is a stud, plays through injury, but he does need to grow up a bit. I just hope we get some decent trade value for him.

Well we got Troy Williamson for Moss. I wonder what we'll get for Harvin?

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Well we got Troy Williamson for Moss. I wonder what we'll get for Harvin?
    Probably Moss

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast