Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 112
  1. #91
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    He was fine when Brett Favre was here. Just saying. Get his buddy Moss here and add Jennings and he will be fine. I will give up on Ponder if he can't work with that even though I already think he is not good enough for the NFL.
    Actually his receiving stats have improved since Brett left!

  2. #92
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    He was fine when Brett Favre was here. Just saying. Get his buddy Moss here and add Jennings and he will be fine. I will give up on Ponder if he can't work with that even though I already think he is not good enough for the NFL.
    Actually his receiving stats have improved since Brett left!
    That is what usually happens after a rookie season. No shock there. Also Favre spread the ball around, Ponder did not when Percy was there. Some of the reason we were not good in the beginning of the season.

  3. #93
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract

    Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract - CBSSports.com
    Doesn't that kind of shoot holes in your "its all spielman's fault" theory? I thought you said the sideline blowups were all because Speilman promised Harvin they would work on the contract... Pretty sure this doesn't fit with the "Spielman gambled with our 2nd best player & lost" line of thought.

    Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. I didn't really think it was a contract issue - not last offseason and not now. Yes, Harvin wants to be paid, but that isn't what this is about. He was frustrated with his role in the offense last offseason and he is frustrated by the QB this season. What is he going to be frustrated with next season?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #94
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I see this as the most likely explanation regarding the sideline eruptions.
    I see that AS the reason for the sideline interruption during the game.

    Mainly because Harvin stated it was the reason after it happened months ago. I posted the article & have been citing it ever since.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #95
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract

    Harvin's frustrations with Vikings center around offense, not contract - CBSSports.com
    Oh, well, that's a relief

    Hey Percy, there are other ways to show your frustration...grow up young man, please. You are certainly a contrast of good and bad, I will give you that.

    Here's one fan that loves your play on the field, your heart, abilities, tenacity, playmaking...but, I'm frustrated too. Frustrated that we are subject to watching you yell at the coach and that you chose to leave the Team for whatever fucking reason. Take a page from Adrian Peterson's book, or even Terrell Suggs' book...vs, taking a page from Dwight Howard's, Chad or Keyshawn Johnson's book. When you realize that life is bigger than you, the sky is the limit...I'm hoping that happens whilst you are a Viking. But, I'm getting frustrated waiting.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #96
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Doesn't that kind of shoot holes in your "its all spielman's fault" theory? I thought you said the sideline blowups were all because Speilman promised Harvin they would work on the contract... Pretty sure this doesn't fit with the "Spielman gambled with our 2nd best player & lost" line of thought.

    Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. I didn't really think it was a contract issue - not last offseason and not now. Yes, Harvin wants to be paid, but that isn't what this is about. He was frustrated with his role in the offense last offseason and he is frustrated by the QB this season. What is he going to be frustrated with next season?
    Yes & no.
    At no time ever did I say the sideline blowups were about money or contract. I told you that before & you ignored it & bring it up again. The sideline blowup was about receivers getting open & the ball not getting thrown to them. Iíve been citing that statement by Harvin since November.

    Harvinís quote that I posted the article to last November;

    "The plays are there. We look on film, and guys are open. We're not clicking at the same time."
    And here is the link of the thread after the sideline blow up that only 1 person replied to;

    Harvin on heated sideline moment

    Nothing there about contract or Spielman.

    Even back when Harvin blew up in training camp I felt a huge part of it was about Ponder & the offense;

    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seaniemck7 View Post
    I think you guys are tracking dead-on being the scheme vs. contract.
    Thank you.
    That didnít change after his sideline blowup & I still maintained the offense/Ponder was a huge part of it back in December before his last tirade;

    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I said weeks ago, I felt Harvin would be gone after this years end & there was something fishy about his injury taking way longer to heal than normal. My guess is he was able to come back this season but refused to due to either wanting that extension now, much like in preseason and/or doesn't want to play behind a QB that can't make downfield passes further than 5 yards with any kind of consistency.
    Back when Harvin demanded a trade during training camp there was also rumblings about him wanting a contract extension as well. Something was said or promised to Harvin to get him back into camp. After hearing about his last tirade after the injury at the time he was put on IR, I felt the majority of the las tirade was contract extension issues. Since Harvin hadnít been playing for over a month, it seemed reasonable it was more about contract & what was promised him than it was the offense.

    If this last article is true, then I would be wrong about his last tirade, but I still feel something was promised to him back at TC & that contract extension issues are & have been part of the frustration.
    Last edited by singersp; 02-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #97
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Trouble with trading: As Vikings ponder Harvinís value, big-name NFL deal-making remains rare

    Trouble with trading: As Vikings ponder Harvin’s value, big-name NFL deal-making remains rare - The Washington Post

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #98
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    ďAgain, there is no intent to trade Percy Harvin,Ē Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said Friday. ďHe is a very good football player.Ē
    The optimum word here is "intent". That could easily mean, "I didn't have any intention on trading Harvin, but I'm trading him because he's forcing my hand."

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #99
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840
    Pelissero: Percy Harvin's contract demands have Vikings in tough spot | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

    that sums it up pretty well...tho I still think he's worth a lot more than a 2nd!

    "He's got more versatility and big-play ability than Bowe," the personnel director said. "He's younger than Jennings. He can get vertical like Wallace can, but Wallace is a real straightline (player) and Percy's got a whole lot more wiggle to him. He's got (Wes) Welker's quickness, but far better speed. Arguably, you can say he might be the top guy of that group."

    So, the Vikings figure to bide their time if they're not blown away with an offer, although they have plenty of reason to want resolution one way or another before April's draft.

    The only other option is playing a game of chicken, betting that Harvin would sooner show up and play to prove everyone wrong than risk significant fines for holding out during training camp and eventually having to choose between showing up at midseason or having his contract tolled.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  10. #100
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    While Harvin might be the top one of that group, the fact remains we don't only need Harvin, but an additional one from that group as well.

    I'm just afraid Spielman will get us WR help in the same manner he got us WR & TE help last year.
    Last edited by singersp; 02-18-2013 at 05:58 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •